Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Awakening: Turn 13: Blood.  (Read 13592 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 11: Quite a predicament. {Signups open}
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 12:08:21 am »

New action,

Summon the powers of heaven and all of the hells to deal with this un-natural being.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2009, 12:11:00 am »

New action,

Summon the powers of heaven and all of the hells to deal with this un-natural being.
With, er, the demon? Or with Rashilul?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2009, 12:12:46 am »

Rashilul

Angels and Demons are natural.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2009, 12:56:26 am »

The angel is only in your head and is therefore not real!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2009, 01:16:14 am »

He rolled a 5 on both, so he has a ridiculously broken power with no limitations.
I feel like just ditching random.org and going with my own die. There seem to be some strange quirks with it.

t's not that uncommon to get two fives in a roll. there is a 1/36 chance of getting two fives in a roll; with the five of us, that means statistically it should happen twice by turn 14. Of course, it can happen 10 times or not at all, but like I said... only two fives is nothing. Remember that turn in Arcanum Octet were I rolled four fives in a roll?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2009, 01:41:17 am »

The angel is only in your head and is therefore not real!

I was able to summon a demon to kill people, i'll be able to summon everything to kill you.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2009, 02:14:39 am »

He rolled a 5 on both, so he has a ridiculously broken power with no limitations.
I feel like just ditching random.org and going with my own die. There seem to be some strange quirks with it.

t's not that uncommon to get two fives in a roll. there is a 1/36 chance of getting two fives in a roll; with the five of us, that means statistically it should happen twice by turn 14. Of course, it can happen 10 times or not at all, but like I said... only two fives is nothing. Remember that turn in Arcanum Octet were I rolled four fives in a roll?

Hm, yeah. I guess I was really just lamenting about how it happened on one of the few times I actually rolled twice for the same person. And for a potentially gamebreaking power.
Rolls like those tend to arise when you least expect them, or least want them to, from a narrative-point-of-view.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2009, 06:04:10 am »

I'm just awesome. I don't even need to control the universe to break it.

I'll continue onwards, looking for more people to heal. What? I like ending the non-existent suffering of non-existent NPCs.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 12: Usurping the Gods
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2009, 05:13:37 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls! (click to show/hide)
Turn 12: Usurping the Gods.
A being who seeks to challenge the Gods has arisen!
Lightning flashed across the sky. A roar could be heard in the distance, mingling with the sounds of clashing blades. Fire enveloped the horizon. A battle of Gods had begun.

As the thick cumulonimbus clouds above seemed to gravitate towards the City Hall, Korbin made no effort to remain where he was. With a backflip, he propelled himself off the enraged demon and made his way back into the mansion. Surprisingly, the front door was intact; to add drama and suspense, Korbin heroically kicked it down before continuing his search.

He found himself in an entranceway. Red & Gold carpet had been rolled out on the ground and picture frames studded with precious jewels hung on either side. Paintings of past rulers, their wives and children.  At the end of the hallway, there was a stairwell and two doors; the doors opened to the dining room while the stairway lead to the second level. A feminine scream could be heard from above; he could faintly make out the word “Demon!”

Gripping his staff firmly, Korbin proceeded upwards. The stairs were old, creaky. This house wasn’t nearly as well-kept as it should’ve been. Even the walls betrayed a sense of wealth that wasn’t present. The wallpaper was peeling and the wood had long since lost its luster. What stood in front of him was another long hallway, but this time instead of paintings there were doors. On each side, there were countless doors. Most were guest rooms, some were studies. One of them had to be the mayor’s room.

A larger door with a distinctly shiny golden doorknob caught his attention. It opened easily enough, with a few kicks. Korbin had finally found the mayor, but what befell him was a grotesque sight. An old man, at least seventy years, lay on an oversized bed. His wrinkles and skin were a pale white and his hair unkempt. His eyes were closed, and at first he appeared to be sleeping. Then Korbin noticed the blood soaked pillow. Upon closer examination, the mayor was clearly afflicted with something. Pungent yellow boils could be found on his face and one had burst, spewing disgusting pus onto an equally grotesque wall.

Well, Korbin couldn’t argue that the man didn’t deserve it. He and simply let the citizens perish in their time of utmost need. Even so, something about this sight tore at him from the inside. Lowering his spear, much to the shock of the attendants, he pointed it directly at the man’s head. Just as he was about to thrust it forward, the floor shook…

Sleeper had sensed the presence of demons. They weren’t supposed to be here, not in this simulation. It wasn’t natural, not in the slightest. The Code had realized this, but done nothing to stop their appearance. It was his duty to destroy the invader; his righteous task bestowed upon him by The Simulation. It lent him its powers. His short stature shifted, becoming larger — taller. Sleeper’s eyes glazed over with a slight green hue and he could feel more power shifting through himself than ever before.

His eastern jumpsuit dissolved and instead a black trench coat formed, replacing it. In his right hand was a silver long sword and a mysterious green fire seemed to radiate from it. Testing it out, he found it sliced through the air effortlessly, and wherever it cut it left a vacuum. The Universe seemed to bend around this blade. He locked onto Triad’s location and began to sprint towards her.

Frederick, on the other hand, was quite content with continuing his work. The countless citizens he had already saved weren’t enough to satiate his rabid messiah complex, so he continued. Using his rusty tools doubtlessly acquired from all manners of grimy, rotten places, he pushed onward. His campaign of healing had not ended – not yet.

He happened upon a particularly interesting young man. His chest was split open, revealing a slightly fractured rib. Drifting in and out of consciousness, Frederick worked as quickly as he could. Suturing the wound shut and moving the man to a safer place, he could only hope that the frail body would fight off the deadly infection he likely procured by simply breathing the rotten air here. His eyelids twitched slightly, and he began to speak.
“The Mayor… he’s not a bad person.”
These words obviously appalled Frederick, as he finished the rest of the first-aid quickly and set off towards the next victim.

The shaking of the ground, the lightning, the thunder – none of this mattered. What mattered was the distraughtly dangerous situation he found himself in. Men, most armed to the teeth, were all ready to attack at a moment’s notice.  Dragnar's sword lay on the ground, at least a foot away. Moving to grab it would undoubtedly place him with his back against the wall – not a good place to be. Without a weapon, however, he was doomed.

Jumping forward, he grasped the sword in his hand and prepared to fight the malevolent guardsmen.  Pouring all of his strength into one slice, he sought to pierce reality itself – he wanted to power to govern the universe, to manipulate it and control its laws. No matter how much strength he used, his efforts seemed futile. Perhaps because Dragnar was too perturbed to watch where he was swinging, however, he ended up lopping off several appendages of the attacking spearmen.

A nose, a hand, and a slice across the arm. He had swung in an arc and clearly the force of the blow had stricken the spearmen with pain. Two of them dropped their weapons immediately, falling onto the ground. The third charged, bleeding violently from his face. As blood bubbled from the man’s missing nose, Dragnar almost laughed. He had finally found a compatriot, a fellow noseless man. It was a pity he’d have to end his life so soon.

The blow was easy enough to parry; the attacker was driven by rage, not sense of mind. Pierce after pierce was effortlessly evaded. Rendering the spearmen slightly off balance, Dragnar swept in for the kill. With a strong overhead slash, he sliced through the man’s left arm effortlessly.  The limb was cleaved off completely! Holding the dismembered arm in his hand, the spearmen looked on in disbelief. Stumbling backwards, he fell, impaling a wrestler through the eyes. The both of them collapsed in a bleeding heap.

Next to attack were the swordsmen. They were unskilled, to put it nicely. The rabble charged, their blades outstretched. One of them, in a dire attempt to injure Dragnar, swung his blade a bit too far and sliced into the veteran of the group. Dragnar dispatched them effortlessly – it was hardly even fun.

Triad stood in the rain, her skin tainted pure black by demonic energies. Concentrating, she attempted to purge the demons from her soul. There was an almost undefeatable enemy headed her way and she needed more power than simply a few thousand tortured souls. The color in her skin returned and her veins receded. Using her teeth, she cut open her finger and began to sketch out a circle on the cobblestone street, soaked with rainwater.

Strangely, her blood was not affected by the rain. Perhaps it was the determination that burnt within her heart and was present within even the slightest speck of blood; I’m not sure. Regardless of the details, the circle began to take shape and form. It was a circle designed to allow commune with the gods themselves, the mightiest of beings who held utmost control of the universe.

They were perhaps the only ones who could oppose Sleeper. With one last stroke, the circle was finished. The rain ceased immediately, and the skies turned from smoky gray to completely black. It wasn’t a night sky, for there were no stars. It was vast, blank. Eternity stood before her, and she spoke.
“I require aid. A being who seeks to challenge the Gods has arisen! “
There was no response, not at first.
Slowly a deep rumble started. It emanated from the sky, not the ground. It continued to grow louder, and louder more. It reached a deafening roar, and it surpassed even that. It ended with nothing. Complete silence.

The ground gave way, collapsing in. A hand of mud, dirt, and stone reached out, grasping Triad. Through minute vibrations, the hand seemed to speak.
“We will eliminate him.”

Sleeper was rushing towards Triad, oblivious to the destruction that surrounded him.  When the ground swallowed her, his surprise was quite warranted. He brought himself to a stop, holding his ground. A sudden gust of wind nearly knocked him off balance, but it was of no consequence. The wind’s speed increased ; its intensity elevating. A small pebble struck his sunglasses sending shards of glass into his eye. With a tap of his hand, they regenerated. Trench coat wispily blowing, Sleeper rose his voice above the growl that had encompassed him.
“Is that all the Gods can muster?”

Spoiler: Statuses & Inventory! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

…Expect errors. I haven't actually edited it, so if it's completely unreadable, then I apologize.
Also, there’s going to be some severe reworking of game mechanics sometime soon.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:29:29 pm by Apostolic Nihilist »

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 12: Usurping the Gods {Signups Open}
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

Sign me up:
Name:Alfie
Appearance: Not good looking but not ugly either, wears glasses, black t-shirt, black shell-suit trousers and a trenchcoat that goes down to the knees.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2009, 05:37:07 pm »

Sign me up:
Name:Alfie
Appearance: Not good looking but not ugly either, wears glasses, black t-shirt, black shell-suit trousers and a trenchcoat that goes down to the knees.
Accepted.
Also, hundredth reply at last!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2009, 05:38:35 pm »

Kill all demons!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2009, 05:52:38 pm »

Cool. My action:
Arms outstretched, dagger in each hand, I start spinning, faster and faster, I think nothing else but faster.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2009, 05:55:01 pm »

Nice, though Sleeper actually did manage to cut reality itself... while trying to do something else...
At least I avoided being sucked into a hole in space-time.

I yell "Blood for the blood god!!!" scaring off the guards, even the dead ones.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2009, 06:02:01 pm »

I was supposed to be the champion of the gods! That's what the divine retribution was all about! Now the demon-shifter gets their power? I rolled a 5 and nothing happened!?!

Anyway...

Construct a ward around the mayor that will banish all evil. If he is as corrupt, then he shall be sent to Hell. If not, the sickness shall be purged form him.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9