Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Awakening: Turn 13: Blood.  (Read 13596 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 02: When in doubt, go to sleep.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »

Fine, I'll loot without them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 02: When in doubt, go to sleep. (Waiting on realmfighter)
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 01:41:02 am »

Jump up and do a karate pose.

also, a message would have been nice.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:49:25 am by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening <Characters: 2/5>
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 03:04:31 am »

Spoiler: Rolls! (click to show/hide)

Turn 03: The Beginnings of a Drunken Master!?
Change is always difficult to bring about. Only Champions, in the truest sense of the word, can accomplish something so momentous.

“There are citizens begging to be let in, sir!”
“Didn’t I tell you already? Just slaughter them. If we let them in here, they’ll just end up infecting us.”
“They claim to be healthy, and they’re seeking refuge. With the army set up outside the walls, they can’t even escape.”
“Matters such as these don’t concern me. Exterminate them.”

Perhaps she hit her head a bit harder than previously thought. Triad’s memory is clearly very fickle; she returns to practicing martial arts immediately upon waking. Arms raised slightly, feet spread, she assumes a karate stance! She is now prepared to counter any attacks that come her way! Of course, the usefulness of this is debatable, as there are currently no hostiles in the area.

Korbin is more grounded in reality. One doesn’t need superhuman senses to realize the direness of the group’s current situation. The small warehouse is filled with boxes which look strangely out of place for this time period. Rummaging around, Korbin finds a strange item hidden away! It is an Exceptional Steel Spear! What such an item was doing in a decrepit warehouse is anyone’s guess. Nonetheless, this weapon will surely prove advantageous!

On the other hand, Dragnar sighs and walks away from the nasty-looking thieves. He considers heading back to the other’s location, but realizes he has no idea where it is.  For a few seconds, he thinks about asking someone nearby where he was, as there probably aren’t many valuables to be found in the slums of a dying town. However, his mind is quick to disperse this sudden spurt of logic, and he immediately returns to trying to loot. Perhaps he was lost in thought, but he clearly wasn’t paying attention and ended up smacking into a building. A wooden sign hangs above the nearby entrance.

With a yawn, Sleeper slowly rises. His mind rejuvenated, he focuses on one task: Locating alcohol. Incredibly, he manages to locate a barrel! Tearing off the lid, he plunges his head in and begins to empty it.  He drinks nearly a third of it before his thirst is finally quenched. Satisfied, he turns around and heads back towards the centre, smacking into a stack of boxes on the way. He’s not hurt, but he may not be in as great a condition he first thought. He stumbles backwards, and is nearly impaled on a rapidly moving shiv! Perhaps it was skill, or just sheer drunken luck. Either way, he’s gained confidence in his ability to evade attacks while under the influence!

Frederick is quite surprised by the sudden evasive maneuver of our drunken friend, but continues his ‘training’, if you can call it that. Hiding a shiv inside his rags, he practices whipping it out and stabbing quickly and stealthily. He’s not very good at it, but practice makes perfect, eventually. Maybe if he continues training he’ll get better. Expertly sheathing the improvised stabbing weapon inside his rags, he begins to follow the group. Or, he would, but the part of the group that isn’t out being laughed at by thugs is quite content with standing around.

Spoiler: Statuses & Inventory! (click to show/hide)

For those not using Firefox 3.0, there are some acronym tags inside the statuses/inventory spoiler. Just mouse over the underlined words.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:06:13 am by Apostolic Nihilist »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 03: The Beginnings of a Drunken Master!?
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 03:13:52 am »

spar with korbin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:17:54 pm by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 04:22:54 am »

Go to dragnar all drunk-like.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 07:02:45 am »

A section for who is where would probably be helpful in the future.

I stealthily leave the warehouse, and try to find something that looks like the mayor's residence, or city hall.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 08:40:08 am »

MUST. FIND. A. WEAPON.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 08:58:41 am »

Practice with my spear, possibly having one of my team members spar with me.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 04. A (completely expected...) Sparring Accident!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 03:51:15 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls! (click to show/hide)

Turn 04: A Sparring Accident!
Only through injuries sustained can we gain the strength to overcome them.

The first steps towards progress are being taken.

Our ragged group of adventurers continues to prepare themselves. Triad immediately takes note of an excellent steel spear that Korbin appears to have picked up somewhere. Before Korbin even needs to ask, she charges at him and begins to fight! Clearly the two have some sort of subconscious link, or perhaps more likely, Triad possesses psychotic levels of murderous rage within her. Before Korbin  can even spit out the word, “Spar?”, she’s already using every ounce of her kung-fu to deliver an ass-whooping.  Punches and kicks are flying every which way, and Korbin manages to hold his own against this self-proclaimed Kung-Fu master. Seeing an opening, he strikes!  The spear impales Triad!  Her left lung is pierced, and collapses! The spear is embedded in her chest!

Frederick ignores this grotesque scene of violence and leaves the blood-spattered warehouse,  as stealthily as possible. Standing on his toes, his arms held at chest height, he performs his best cartoon-influenced sneak-walk. Unfortunately, he ends up looking more like Godzilla than a stealthy thief. The beggars laugh. Looking around, he finds that there is a large residence to the north, sealed off by several walls and a large gate. There appear to be guards stationed on the other side.

Korbin continues to feel the insatiable urge to spar with someone, but seeing as how his spear is currently lodged inside Triad, he decides to call it off. Perhaps dealing with the impressive amount of blood gushing forth from this potentially fatal wound should come first? He simply stands there, unsure of how to proceed. On the one hand, ripping it out and stabbing her some more is unlikely to provide much more sparring experience, but…

Dragnar, currently outside a strange stone building, realizes his dire need of a weapon. Something to give him an advantage in a fight, at least. The building next to him may have something valuable in it! Busting down the door, he finds that it was once an armoury! There is a wide choice of armour and weapons, but one item in particular stands out, a masterfully-engraved steel claymore. Dragnar rushes over and picks it up, wielding it in both hands. Practicing a few slicing attacks, he quickly gets the hang of using it.

Sleeper, still in a drunken daze, decides to head in the direction he thinks Dragnar is in. Seeing the shattered-apart door, he enters the armoury, but accidentally bumps into a large rack of spears. Several of the spears on the top rack begin to fall, ready to impale him! Perhaps he was in fact more skilled than he previously thought, as he manages to expertly dodge the onslaught of spears! Dragnar is quite amazed by this prowess, and even Sleeper seems to be unsure of what exactly just happened.

Spoiler: Statuses & Inventory! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:05:57 am by Apostolic Nihilist »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 04: A (completely expected...) Sparring Accident!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 04:08:09 pm »

Attempt to set the building on fire with my drunken master breath.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 04:47:42 pm »

Next, armor, shouldn't be too hard in an armory.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 05:51:58 pm »

scream, pray

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 07:21:27 pm »

Carefully remove my spear from Triad's chest, and try to stop the bleeding the best I can.
EDIT:
Heroically rush to the aid of my wounded companion.
Okay, I'll let you heal her.
Head into the armory and find some lightweight armor.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:46:31 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 07:26:33 pm »

"Screams? I'm needed at last!"

Heroically rush to the aid of my wounded companion.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »

while all of you were wasting time i got to skilled marshal artist and a spear stuck in my chest

*dance*

Not Triad, of course. She has a spear stuck in her chest.

Idiot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9