Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41234 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #315 on: October 25, 2009, 06:16:17 am »

I'm sorry I'm lurking, everyone.  There is a reason.  The reason is as follows - I suppose I might as well claim.

My colour is indigo.  I am a Survivor, with my only goal being to live to the end of the game.  For this reason, I have been lurking - my normal tactics tend to get me NK'd pretty quick, so I've been laying low.  I'm happy to work with the town, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2009, 08:08:05 am »

Vote Count (4 to Lynch)

Apostolic Nihilist - Vector
NUKE9.13 - dakarian, Leafsnail, Org
Org - NUKE9.13, Apostolic Nihilist

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 25, 2009, 10:06:15 am »

The post that started the whole mess was soft enough:

Anyway old Apostolic Nihilist holds my vote for now on account of... stuff. I consider his behaviour sufficiently odd that I consider the likelyhood that he is scum higher than any other player. 

My reponse is to pressure vote him to first ask why he agreed to Nihilist then thought him scummy.  He answered the first part but I mostly wanted the second part: what is the 'stuff' he's reffering to.

In response, I get this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He moves his vote to you for lurking, but then goes on about Nihilist.  The post reads that Nihilist seems to be acting in a way he's not used to.  He then believes that, though it's not a strong belief, that Nihilist would be ok to lynch.

It's that post which forms the basis of the argument against him. 

Now about my belief and his lurkiness.. Person, you've seen my Everyone post in Bay 12.  I have only just thrown it out now.  Until then, I'm talking to the person being accused.  I'm prodding and pushing until I get them to crack and see what's inside.  Even 'OMG you scum' aids to the pressure. 

When I write to Everyone, I'm no longer trying to pull from the target.  I'm now trying to convince the rest of the town to lynch him.  It's HERE when I'm fully convinced.  Before there was always doubt.

And thinking I would kill due to lurking?  Meh.  You pressure lurkers.  You pump lurkers.  You make sure lurkers who don't get replaced know that they'll die if they don't return.  You wake them up!

WHY he's mafia? 

He wants to play aggressive but he's not.  He attempted to join me after Nihilist (providing the second vote with vector)but came late and based his vote on 'stuff'.  It takes a town's worth of pressure to get him to respond and it's a vote switch to lurking hunting combined with a very vague and soft accusation.

His reasons change when pressured.  He voted you to wake up a lurker.. No he felt Person was scummier than AN

Once again, you must agree, that given a slightly scummy person, and someone scummier still, it is best to vote for the scummiest?

But wait.. it's not 'scumminess' it's 'goodtargetness'

Substitute scumminess in my quote with goodtargetness

Which now makes him sound like he's after 'good targets' rather than 'scum'.

He stated that Nihilist would make a good lynch if no one else looks better (the 'slightly scummy' mess) .. then it's "if we had to stop right now I believe he should die"... then he "had no case against Nihilist and was just defending himself" ...  then it's "he would've chosen AN again..for goodtargetness,  not scummyness"  ...now it's

I was indicating that I was merely putting down my vote in favour of his death, rather than choosing him as the person to die.

Considering that the debate is about how he felt at the time of writing the post in question, I shouldn't be getting a mass of different answers.

Oh sorry.. that's not the last... this is the last

Quote from: dakarian
Was supposed to be ignored by the town?

Yes. It was an indication of my own motivation. Pre defence. Open flow of opinions.

It was all just babble.

He passive aggressive and he can't explain his own reasonings to his actions.  He bends his argument to try to best win the argument rather than focus on explaining why he did what he did.  He doesn't want to show who he truly is.  He just wants me to stop attacking him, no matter what it takes.

That is why he is scum.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 25, 2009, 10:47:42 am »

I read through that and it does seem he is backtracking. And the fact that he is acting a bit strange with the scummy business does seem....well, scummy. Unvote Vote Nuke. I agree with dakarian's points. he does seem to be a bit active lurking, although more active than myself.

Clarify is spelled with an a, not an "e", by the way.
What what
Active lurking is posting posts with no content. I believe my posts had content. You have yet to seriously participate in this game.

Dakarian: Very well. Do you want me to, once again, defend myself, or will you not read it? If you won't read it, well, we've already said all there is to say, and I doubt that another giant post is going to sway anyone else's opinions by this point.
One new point you brought up was an accusation of buddying. Well, I am not. I believe you are town. That is my opinion. If I were an impartial bystander, I would still believe you are town.
Please note that I am not giving up. Just because you are convinced I am scum does not mean that everyone else is, and, indeed, if anyone else thinks I am scum, please give a short summary of why, and I will indicate why you are wrong. Also, should I reach L-1, please give me a moment to say my last things before I go.

MrPerson: Don't be silly. You are misinterpreting dakarian there; it is clear that his first quote was indicating that, unless I return, he believes me scum. Once I returned, he decided to make sure I was scum. Apparently my posts went some way to convincing him I was town again, but then I messed up and slid back into 95% scum territory.
That is obvious.
Sorry, jeez.

How is it not enough that I think its true of his points? Is it because I am third person voting him and I should NOT go with what I think Person?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2009, 12:18:40 pm »

In my defence.
My reasons have remained the same. Dakarian has misunderstood several things, which leads to his claims of reason changing.
I will now indicate the reason for the post, which is the same reason I have been trying to get across for a while.

This is all correct:
The post that started the whole mess was soft enough:
Anyway old Apostolic Nihilist holds my vote for now on account of... stuff. I consider his behaviour sufficiently odd that I consider the likelyhood that he is scum higher than any other player.
My reponse is to pressure vote him to first ask why he agreed to Nihilist then thought him scummy.  He answered the first part but I mostly wanted the second part: what is the 'stuff' he's referring to.

In response, I get this:

MrPerson stop lurking it is annoying!

For that matter, everybody, stop lurking, it is annoying!

Anyway. Apostolic Nihilist hasn't really done anything that is obviously scummy. But from the way his posts read and the actions he has made I feel that he is acting in a way unfamiliar to him. Of course, in mafia, we all act, all the time, but seeing as we spend less time as mafia and have more need to act, our acting as mafia is less refined. It is not a solid accusation. However, it is enough that, given no better targets, I consider him a worthwhile lynch.
Now then.
My reason for making this post was to indicate my opinion, and my opinion was that AN was more scummy than anyone else at that time. Yes, had we had to decide who to lynch right then I would have said AN. I thought that sharing my opinion with people would help ease and encourage conversation. Because, you know, that's what you do. When there's nothing to say, you still say something, so that more things to say will spawn from it.

Then this post
You agree with Nihilst's reasoning but you find him scummy on....stuff.
Unvote,  Vote Nuke9.13
No really.. explain yourself.
Well, I thought the emphasis was on 'you agree with nihilst's reasoning but you find him scummy' rather than 'on...stuff'

So, what, all scum lie all the time and never makes a single rational statement?
Come on.
"I agree with Apostolic Nihilist."
Was not what I said
I said:
"I still agree with Apostolic Nihilist that we should have left him for the scum to NK, but whatever."
Thus this response.

the emphasis was on the second half..
What's your reasoning for thinking he's acting scummy?
Fair enough.

MrPerson stop lurking it is annoying!

For that matter, everybody, stop lurking, it is annoying!

Anyway. Apostolic Nihilist hasn't really done anything that is obviously scummy. But from the way his posts read and the actions he has made I feel that he is acting in a way unfamiliar to him. Of course, in mafia, we all act, all the time, but seeing as we spend less time as mafia and have more need to act, our acting as mafia is less refined. It is not a solid accusation. However, it is enough that, given no better targets, I consider him a worthwhile lynch.
And then the fated post.
Firstly
MrPerson was lurking. Voting for lurkers can get them to post again. Therefore it is 'Good' to vote for lurkers. As it was I had very little reason to vote for AN, so I considered MrPerson a 'Better' 'target' than AN.
Secondly, I responded to Dakarian. It was explaining to dakarian my reasoning behind a vote I had made previously, so that dakarian could understand why I voted for AN.

This is the reason for this post and my actions.
The various reasons that dakarian claims I have held are all reflections of this, as I will now indicate:
His reasons change when pressured.  He voted you to wake up a lurker..
Yes, that is why I voted MrPerson, as indicated
No he felt Person was scummier than AN:
Once again, you must agree, that given a slightly scummy person, and someone scummier still, it is best to vote for the scummiest?
I can understand the confusion here. However;
But wait.. it's not 'scumminess' it's 'goodtargetness'
Substitute scumminess in my quote with goodtargetness

Right. Let us do what I suggested.
Once again, you must agree, that given a slightly good target, and a better target, it is best to vote for the best target?
So no, I did not consider MrPerson scummier, I considered him a better target than AN.

Which now makes him sound like he's after 'good targets' rather than 'scum'.
It should be self-evident that scum are good targets. But whatever.

(1)He stated that Nihilist would make a good lynch if no one else looks better (the 'slightly scummy' mess) Yes
(2).. then it's "if we had to stop right now I believe he should die" This is the same thing. If we were to stop right then (when I made my AN vote, no one would look more scummy.
(3)... then he "had no case against Nihilist and was just defending himself" This refers to the end of post 3, in which I was, yes, defending myself against dakarian. By means of explaining my reasoning.
(4)...  then it's "he would've chosen AN again..for goodtargetness,  not scummyness"  Well, no, I never said that. I did say that, at the time of post 3, had we had to stop right then, I would have voted for AN. The reason being reason 1 here.
...now it's
I was indicating that I was merely putting down my vote in favour of his death, rather than choosing him as the person to die.
Which is a quote in reply to a quote of a quote, so not very reliable for anything. As it happens, the vote to which I am referring is post one. I think this was a response to the accusation that I was being all like: "someone needs to die, oh well, you'll do", which suggests I control who dies. It was not a reason for my actions, it was an explanation of what my action was.

Was supposed to be ignored by the town?
As in, was the town not meant to go, hmmn, you have a point there, we should lynch AN
Yes. It was an indication of my own motivation. Pre defence. Open flow of opinions.
It was all just babble.
It was not babble, it was, and I quote from the quote he was talking about 'an indication of my own motivation', pre defence (actually just normal defence), and more open flow of opinions. Which it was and have always claimed it was

If anyone can still find a situation where I have one reason that contradicts another reason for anything, please do tell.

I read through that and it does seem he is backtracking. And the fact that he is acting a bit strange with the scummy business does seem....well, scummy. Unvote Vote Nuke. I agree with dakarian's points. he does seem to be a bit active lurking, although more active than myself.

Clarify is spelled with an a, not an "e", by the way.
What what
Active lurking is posting posts with no content. I believe my posts had content. You have yet to seriously participate in this game.
Sorry, jeez.
'Sorry, jeez'? Am I meant to read this as sarcasm, the actual meaning being: 'Man, you are way exaggerating, the thing you want me to apologize for is totally not so bad'
Because it is bad. Active lurking, which you are totally doing, is bad. You are not playing the game. You are either scum trying to avoid attention, or stupid town who is giving the scum a lower standard to adhere to. And now you are trivialising it.
I am already voting for you, but if I wasn't, I totally would, just for that.

How is it not enough that I think its true of his points? Is it because I am third person voting him and I should NOT go with what I think Person?
You should vote in the manner that you like but seeing as I am not scum I would like to know which bits of dakarians argument in particular you are convinced by so that I can show you why it is wrong. Just voting for someone saying 'myeah I sort of agree with this' is slightly better than just voting for them without saying anything, but not much.
Also, kind of a weak thing to do, but I fear that it may be partly true: OMGUS.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »

No comments on my claim?  Hmm, considering the town tunnel at the moment, I could probably claim SK without anyone noticing.

Fun fact: If the scum were anyone other than NUKE9.13 and Apostolic Nihilist, they could hammer with me now and win.  Hmm, isn't that nice to know?

So, if the scum weren't Apost and Nuke, they could hammer Org (scum player votes, I follow), Nuke (scum player hammers) or Apost (scum players vote, I follow) and win with me tomorrow.  So, if noone hammers, I suppose we now know who the scum are.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2009, 12:48:59 pm »

Sorry, jeez was meant to be sorry for me mistakenly saying something that I may have messed up on what said mmeaning of the word meant, jeez saying that you dont have to go off on it so much yeah I messsed up dont raeg man.

@ AN: What I agree with is the following:
That Nuke is as bit confusingly explaining his defence(if you are saying scummy=goodtargetness why not just say goodtargetness and save us from being confused?) and that lurking is not good(I am a hypocrite, but so is everyone else.) I try to stop lurking, mkay? And did you read the bolded stuff waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy above this(or below when posting)? prob on another page back.

Edit:Off topic, I know, but does anyone know where to get a safe download of C++?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:56:09 pm by Org »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2009, 12:56:49 pm »

No editing, and wtf Org?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2009, 01:00:11 pm »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2009, 01:18:02 pm »

God damn, I didnt think about no editing. I feel so stupid should have just added what I said in a new post.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2009, 01:22:55 pm »

No comments on my claim?  Hmm, considering the town tunnel at the moment, I could probably claim SK without anyone noticing.

Fun fact: If the scum were anyone other than NUKE9.13 and Apostolic Nihilist, they could hammer with me now and win.  Hmm, isn't that nice to know?

So, if the scum weren't Apost and Nuke, they could hammer Org (scum player votes, I follow), Nuke (scum player hammers) or Apost (scum players vote, I follow) and win with me tomorrow.  So, if noone hammers, I suppose we now know who the scum are.
or dakarian and org are scum, or leafsnail and org are scum, or leafsnail and dakarian are scum.
Those also work, right?
I hope it is one of those, because otherwise, yes, I am dead, and the town has lost. Unless, of course;
Someone unvote me.
So that we can lynch leafsnail.
Logic: If we lynch a towny today, the town loses. If we lynch a survivor, tommorow we will be at 3:2, which is lylo again, but hopefully power roles will have enough information then to save us. Risky, but less risky than the current situation. And as leafsnail has claimed survivor, we can be sure he is either that or scum.
100% safe, right?
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2009, 01:31:31 pm »

or dakarian and org are scum, or leafsnail and org are scum, or leafsnail and dakarian are scum.
Those also work, right?
I hope it is one of those, because otherwise, yes, I am dead, and the town has lost. Unless, of course;
Someone unvote me.
So that we can lynch leafsnail.
Logic: If we lynch a towny today, the town loses. If we lynch a survivor, tommorow we will be at 3:2, which is lylo again, but hopefully power roles will have enough information then to save us. Risky, but less risky than the current situation. And as leafsnail has claimed survivor, we can be sure he is either that or scum.
100% safe, right?
What is lylo?

And can survivors not vote or does it not count or what?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »

A good point.  Thank you for the claim, particularly the color.  Once we kill our first scum, I will have more confidence in the examined pattern.

That said, Webadict's right.  The colors really don't do anything.  If I'm right about the detected pattern, I'm not able to act upon it for fear of being incorrect.  What a nightmare of foolishness.

Also, I'm going to continue to apologize for my lack of suspicions and such.  I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out anything in this game.  It feels like obsessing over colors is the best I can do  :-\
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2009, 01:37:45 pm »

To be true, I was hoping for that second post after your claim in order to see what's going on.

Well, let's go ahead and assume you are honest in order to play with the *leafsnail is survivor* card.

So, assuming that:
So, assuming you are a Survivor, ..yah, that'll make the scum team pretty clear.. or else we clearly lost.

Thing is, that assumes you are the survivor and the mafia believes you.

As to whether you are survivor...the claim is a big lean to support it, but I won't go 100%ing you.  If you aren't, you are making a BIG gamble. 

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2009, 01:46:28 pm »

What is lylo?

And can survivors not vote or does it not count or what?

Lylo = Lynch or LOse

It means that if the town lynches another town then the mafia will win.  Normally it means that the next day will end up with equal numbers of town and mafia (i.e. 4 town, 2 mafia.. town lynches a townie so it's 3 town 2 mafia, mafia kills at night, it's 2 town/2 mafia...game over).

Survivors are...well.. ugg.  ALL a survivor cares about is living to end.  Mafia or town win doesn't matter so long as they live. 

The problem with them showed up in a Paranormal game:

Day: 2 townies, 1 survivor, 2 mafia. 

Townies locate a mafia and vote on them.  Survivor (known at the time) is urged to join.

Survivor says "no".

Why?  The mafia contacted the survivor through PMs.  They threatened that if the survivor votes for the mafia then the mafia will win and so will the survivor.  If the survivor votes AGAINST the mafia, the town may win but the mafia will nightkill the survivor.

Result: Both Mafia come out and vote for a townie. Survivor joins them.  Mafia wins.

Now to this game: Leafsnail just declared himself Survivor.  If he is the survivor and we lynch a townie, we will be in exactly the same situation now as in that other game and the Survivor already said we WILL lose. 

In fact, given the vote setup, teh mafia can end the game RIGHT NOW by jumping on a townie and killing them. 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26