Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41261 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2009, 04:50:33 am »

MrPerson stop lurking it is annoying!

For that matter, everybody, stop lurking, it is annoying!

Anyway. Apostolic Nihilist hasn't really done anything that is obviously scummy. But from the way his posts read and the actions he has made I feel that he is acting in a way unfamiliar to him. Of course, in mafia, we all act, all the time, but seeing as we spend less time as mafia and have more need to act, our acting as mafia is less refined. It is not a solid accusation. However, it is enough that, given no better targets, I consider him a worthwhile lynch.
Long Live United Forenia!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2009, 02:47:14 pm »

{unvote}
Well, you're quite right. I'm acting in a way unfamiliar because my usual town strategies (I don't even think I have a usual town strategy. I've only played a few games) don't work well under the 'hammer' rules. I'm not generally an aggressive person. As town, I have to be aggressive, so I'm mostly forcing myself to say and do things I don't really think, which can lead to this strange discontinuity between my posts. It's quite disconcerting, looking back.

Just a question (to everyone), but do you think that the people who continued voting ExKirby after he 'revealed' that he was the jester are suspicious?
Leafsnail both posted a reaction to it, but didn't change his vote.
Scum should have approached the situation more cautiously. If they knew he wasn't mafia, then he had to be town, which means he could very well be the jester.
Leafsnail's argument was, "We won't lose even if he is jester, so let's lynch him,"
Everyone's initial reaction should be, "Well, claiming jester makes ExKirby look even scummier." That's what Dakarian's was, and that's what mine was.
Care to explain, Leafsnail?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2009, 02:55:17 pm »

Claiming jester makes him look scummier, of course.  That's a given - a jester wouldn't claim, a jester would probably just lurk until deadline.  I was, however, pointing out that on the off-chance he was a jester, it still wouldn't lose us the game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2009, 03:43:08 pm »

Honestly, I seem to remember being one of those people.  His jester reveal makes him even more suspicious, and at that point he was almost worth killing just to teach him a lesson (... almost).

You, on the other hand, I don't trust.  I've seen you in two other situations as town, and you're not playing town.  The disconnect and "forcing yourself to be aggressive" so people will think you're town is ridiculous, and I call bullshit.  We've got reads on you, and you've insta-changed into a different player.

I also think you're trying to spread blanket suspicion for an innocuous act--that is, offing someone who is either 1. lying town 2. SCUM or 3. the dumbest jester ever.  Those are all reasonable lynches (except for the jester one, that is... but as I said, there's other reasoning for that).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2009, 09:08:39 pm »

... Yeah, AN is lurking.  Folks need to get out here and claim, dude.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2009, 09:25:05 pm »

Ok guys.. enough with the Exkirby matter. 

Now we move on to the Nuke matter. 

Voting for a lurker is easy, and not that necessary when the person truly hasn't posted, since we can Prod them instead. 

Then you throw a 'soft attack' on Nihilist with plenty of wish wash. "He's not acting scummy, but he's not acting normal, but we always not act normal in mafia, but not as well as we could."

Then you say he's suitable for lynching for that.. then forget to actually vote for him.

Easy killer + passive aggressiveness + WIFOM creation + suggestion without follow through = Ugly Mafiascum.

I'd vote for you, but I'm already voting for you so instead I'll just hope you get lynched.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2009, 09:27:29 pm »

... Yeah, AN is lurking.  Folks need to get out here and claim, dude.

Wait, WTF?

Sorry, I was thinking about the potential benefits of color-claiming for the town.

Substitute "talk" for "claim." >_>

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2009, 06:50:38 pm »

Mr.Person.
We need to get the discussion going again.
What do you think of NUKE's accusations toward me? What do you make of ExKirby flipping town?

You haven't made many posts at all recently and furthermore your most recent posts have contained little of substance.
Vector: Mr. I've made 7 posts in the past four pages. Mr. Person has made 3. I'm hardly lurking as much as he is right now, so it's interesting that you're targeting me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2009, 06:52:19 pm »

Web: a prod or a replace on Nuke. 

it's hard to drive a discussion when your targets go awol.
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2009, 07:22:39 pm »

That's his second prod this game... >:(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2009, 07:38:06 pm »

Mr.Person.
What do you think of NUKE's accusations toward me? What do you make of ExKirby flipping town?

You haven't made many posts at all recently and furthermore your most recent posts have contained little of substance.
Vector: Mr. I've made 7 posts in the past four pages. Mr. Person has made 3. I'm hardly lurking as much as he is right now, so it's interesting that you're targeting me.

Ah--I say you're lurking based not on post density, but because you've been active in other threads after I asked you questions and yet you haven't showed up over here for a couple of days.  As far as I know, Mr. Person hasn't had anyone targeting him for the past little bit.

My allegations are not that you are lurking.  They are a couple posts up, if you would bother to read and address them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2009, 08:42:03 pm »

Mr.Person.

Although I'm not getting the vibe, vague feelings are the bread and butter of mafia games. Thus, I can't say I disagree with him.

I'm not so much disappointed ExKirby flipped town as I'm disappointed that his role didn't flip. I am glad he didn't flip "You all lose" jester, though.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 22, 2009, 08:48:46 pm »

Nuke is AWOL but I've seen enough to believe he's a scum that's disappeared.  Not all who get replaced are town.

Bah, just do a mass prod.  A good few people are trying to forget about this one.
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 22, 2009, 08:59:00 pm »

That's his second prod this game... >:(

Yeah, Mass prod.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2009, 09:19:40 pm »

Honestly, I seem to remember being one of those people.  His jester reveal makes him even more suspicious, and at that point he was almost worth killing just to teach him a lesson (... almost).

Lynching him was probably one of the most pro-town things we could have done then, given the information we had. Discussion was all I was trying to start, as it's sadly lacking.

You, on the other hand, I don't trust.  I've seen you in two other situations as town, and you're not playing town.  The disconnect and "forcing yourself to be aggressive" so people will think you're town is ridiculous, and I call bullshit.  We've got reads on you, and you've insta-changed into a different player.

I really am forcing myself to be aggressive, and it looks horribly scummy. I'm finding it difficult making accusations with so little to go on and it shows. I've never played a hammer-enabled game before and other circumstances prevent me from having as clear a head as I'd like.
I was prodded a bit earlier and panicked a bit, so I said some strange stuff which caused a downward spiral, resulting in the position I rest at now. I can't really deny how suspicious I look at this point. You're all perfectly justified in lynching me, but I'd rather we go after scum.

I also think you're trying to spread blanket suspicion for an innocuous act--that is, offing someone who is either 1. lying town 2. SCUM or 3. the dumbest jester ever.  Those are all reasonable lynches (except for the jester one, that is... but as I said, there's other reasoning for that).

I wasn't trying to spread blanket suspicion. I was asking if others felt the same as I did.
Actually, looking at it again, I'm sure I had it completely wrong. If someone had unvoted then they would've been more suspicious because of it -- ExKirby was very obviously scum to any town player, but to the scum they would've had to consider the possibility of him actually being jester more seriously.

As per request.
It's important to note that I didn't respond earlier because these allegations are a bit difficult to defend against — you say you don't trust me, which is logical considering my actions.

Er, could we get an updated votecount, by the way?
Also, {for future reference} if anyone's about to hammer me, give me some time to make a last statement. I want to clear stuff up that I can't really do now.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26