Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41351 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2009, 08:47:08 am »

Quicknote:

You wonder why I seem rushed with my accusations...

But the only reason you have your analysis of those people (including me) is BECAUSE of my 'rushed accusations'.  Everyone I havn't touched yet is lurking and those I have are active.

That's not a coincidence.  That's scumhunting. 

RVS didn't work.  Randomquestion didn't work.  Randomaccusations.. .oh, that works well, especially when you include a bandwagon.

Yes, the claim of you lying is included.. it got you to explain yourself instead of lurk.  It also meant I wouldn't have to bring it up uselessly later on because you already explained it. 

Now what I don't like are 'what would you do as a doctor' questions.  How is THAT useful to the town?  On the other hand, I HAVE seen it useful for the mafia, since they learn who the town feels is 'most trusting' (you tend to protect those you believe are pro-town). 

Passive accusations aren't much better. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2009, 09:22:55 am »

Quicknote:

You wonder why I seem rushed with my accusations...

But the only reason you have your analysis of those people (including me) is BECAUSE of my 'rushed accusations'.  Everyone I havn't touched yet is lurking and those I have are active.

That's not a coincidence.  That's scumhunting. 

RVS didn't work.  Randomquestion didn't work.  Randomaccusations.. .oh, that works well, especially when you include a bandwagon.

Yes, the claim of you lying is included.. it got you to explain yourself instead of lurk.  It also meant I wouldn't have to bring it up uselessly later on because you already explained it. 

Now what I don't like are 'what would you do as a doctor' questions.  How is THAT useful to the town?  On the other hand, I HAVE seen it useful for the mafia, since they learn who the town feels is 'most trusting' (you tend to protect those you believe are pro-town). 

Passive accusations aren't much better. 

So what about the question: "Who do you think is town and why?" Do you think that question is good for scum? It's pretty much the same thing, but it's a good question, imo. Also, your claim that everyone who's active is someone you've prodded and everyone's who lurking is someone you haven't prodded is, of course, a lie. Now why would you make such an outrageous claim like that when you know it's not actually true. Sure, the people you've prodded are active, yes, but there are active people you didn't prod.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2009, 09:52:33 am »

'who you think is town' I don't like but now we're getting more personal than regular theory.  There's town uses for it is viewed properly.  Worst case is that you cause the cop to give up their innocent inspections (when past day 1). 

I 'personally' don't like it because I'd rather a town focus more on 'who is scum', but changing up the questions isn't so bad.

Role questions, though, are less useful for town, help to show the mafia who might get hit with that power (if the town is thinking it, the doc is thinking it.  Yes you could misdirect them but now you're also misdirecting the town too).  An added fear is if the real role answers the question in a way that gets the mafia's attention.

As for the claim.. it's hyperbole and brovado.  I didn't do much research.  I WILL say, though, that the town was going into silent-lurk before I shook the tree.  Point was to demonstrate the rational behind my attacks, which Nuke put up to question: to scumhunt while waking up the town. 

I'm not fully sure it's not true with a slight stretch.  I CAN actually feel I can bet that the activity of the day is by either me accusing a person, someone who noticed something during my accusations, or someone who found something odd about what I said.
I KNEW IT!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2009, 11:07:53 am »

So dakarian
Who do you think is town?
Long Live United Forenia!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:24 am »

Me, DUHH!!

No one is confirmed as a townie, or even to the point of being 'town' but that's dodging the real question.  I DO put people into 'possible' catagories that will change as things go on soooo.

Note, this is without a deep analysis. 

Nihilist I'm currently considering for possible 'novice town'.

Org was a Reformed Townie: I townie done with acting silly and trying to be aggressive.  He's gone active so I'm reevalating.  That's not a bad thing: it's just to keep me up to date.

Don't know Person, but I like his last post. 

The rest are either worrying me or flying under the radar. 
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2009, 02:40:18 pm »

Yes, Apolic. I'm the Jester. Well it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm screwed beyond belief anyway! "Whee, let's all go fo the easy lynch!" Seriously. One game, I get day 1 screwed for following people's advice. Here, I do the opposite and stick to who i think is scum and I'm screwed. Sheesh, this community is not being fair on me.

*sigh* Sorry if I seem a little more offensive as per usual-the people on the IB Forums have made me overly sad. Leafsnail, if you want the details, PM me.

Oh, and Vote Me.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2009, 03:03:23 pm »

Vote Count (5 to Lynch)

Apostolic Nihilist - NUKE9.13
ExKirby - Leafsnail, Vector, Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby
dakarian - Org
Pandarsenic - dakarian, Mr.Person
NUKE9.13 - Pandarsenic

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2009, 03:10:21 pm »

Wait what you are the jester?
Is that what you are saying?
Jester that makes everyone else loose when lynched?
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »

A jester in a game of this size shouldn't make everyone else lose when lynched.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2009, 04:08:34 pm »

...my suspicion was right? I doubt that. It's possible he's scum trying to get the votes off of himself.
If he's dead tonight by NK then we'll know the truth. Scum shouldn't want him to win, so they should probably kill him... unless he is scum.
Unvote.

Sadly, this means we're back virtually nothing.
Also, just to reiterate: My argument wasn't so much, "Day 1 is useless," as it was, "Day 1 lynches based on random question answers are useless,"

I'll answer NUKE's questions simply because.

-Would you believe that ExKirby did not know day one is useful?

I think ExKirby is scum pretending to be jester. He wasn't sure how to act, someone called him out on his scummy behaviour and then he said he was a jester to cover it up. A jester roleclaiming as jester doesn't make much sense as it only serves to get the votes off of you -- you want people to lynch you. Scum roleclaiming jester, however, makes much more sense.

-Who do you consider the most suspicious player right now?

ExKirby. See the above paragraph for why.

-Why were you lurking?

Because everyone else was! That's an atrocious reason, actually. I was lurking because no one else was posting and I didn't really see any point in tearing apart everyone else's random vote answers sentence by sentence.

-If you were the doctor or equivalent, who would you protect tonight? (if the day ended right now with a no lynch)

Definitely not ExKirby. Besides that, it doesn't really matter — he's who scum should go after unless they want to lose.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2009, 04:12:46 pm »

Yes, Apolic. I'm the Jester. Well it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm screwed beyond belief anyway! "Whee, let's all go fo the easy lynch!" Seriously. One game, I get day 1 screwed for following people's advice. Here, I do the opposite and stick to who i think is scum and I'm screwed. Sheesh, this community is not being fair on me.

*sigh* Sorry if I seem a little more offensive as per usual-the people on the IB Forums have made me overly sad. Leafsnail, if you want the details, PM me.

Oh, and Vote Me.

You aren't being offensive.. just overreactive.

I applied PRESSURE on you.  That's really all that was, even right down to the near lynch.  I forced you to talk.  You DIDN'T just follow the crowd and because of it, I pulled off you and went for Panda.  Now you have 3 people on you and not really THAT close to a lynch.

I actually put you in a "wait an see" section: not townish but not ready to lynch.  I definitely wouldn't have put the hammer on you. 

Not following the crowd will bring you suspicion (though if you realized, EVERYTHING brings suspicion..or should) but should not bring a lynch.  In fact, I notice now that the folks with their vote on you are...well... one person is trying to use half-formed meta on you while another, unless I'm reading it wrong (did a quick read) doesn't realize he's still voting for you.  You aren't under direct threat to be killed.

In other words, your change up worked..  risky.. dangerous.. but it kept you alive.

You're outburst though.. ruined you.  Why?  Because I don't think you're the joker.

Joker has their requirements CLEAR as day: they need to be lynched to win.  Let's put aside the whole 'town dies/no town survives' deal and think about it.  You are complaining that te town is trying to kill you while holding a role who's only goal.. ONLY GOAL is to be town killed?  Shouldn't you be happy?  Shouldn't you be going "MAN!  Dakarian dropped his vote.. how can I make him attack me again?"  Shouldn't you be hoping to 'get screwed'?

Instead you tell us you are a jester?  Why?  If we believe you, you will not only avoid getting lynched-the key to you winning-but you'll die by the mafia-who, if they believe the 'jester wins, all else lose' theory would REALLY want you dead.

So either you forgot your role saying you WANT to die, you're VERY good at reverse psychology, or, what I believe, you paniced and tried to scare us with that Jester role.

If you ARE the jester.. you just won.  However, I honestly believe, all that will happen is that you die.

Unvote,  Vote  ExKirby

Fake Edit:

#*&$ Apostolic If he's jester he WOULDN'T want to stop the lynch.  he's LYING!
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2009, 04:23:08 pm »

You're right, he wouldn't want to stop the lynch. However, I suspect it's possible that ExKirby orchestrated this; he could be more clever than we're giving him credit for. What's the best way to draw attention to you and gather more votes? By doing something jester would never do — roleclaiming. We all know he's either scum or jester, so he eliminates the possibility that he's jester by roleclaiming him.

Anyone seeing this will immediately think, "Hey, obviously scum just trying to get votes off himself," and then vote for him.
After all, no jester would roleclaim jester (I'm assuming ExKirby knows this much) so now everyone should think that he's scum. It's the best move to make as jester.

We'll know for sure by tomorrow; scum should want to eliminate him by NK so he can't win. If he isn't killed, then he's scum and we lynch him D2.

Actually, Dakarian; I don't see how you didn't realize this while writing that huge post. You seemed a bit eager to hammer him, don't you think? There's a high chance that he's jester.

Why do you want ExKirby to get rid of him right now and probably let him win, when we could just wait until tonight? Do you not want to waste your NK on him?

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2009, 04:27:17 pm »

— Actually, Dakarian's actions make sense if we consider one thing.

ExKirby is actually scum.
Dakarian lynches ExKirby, who claimed jester. ExKirby flips scum. No one would lynch their scumbuddy D1. Dakarian is cleared of suspicion.

Is this possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.
It is, however, the only way to absolutely ensure that jester loses.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2009, 04:36:18 pm »

If I believed he was the jester and I was the mafia.. WHY in the WORLD would I want him lynched?  If the 'jester wins, else loses' kicks in, mafia loses if the jester dies. 

No.  If I was mafia, I would run from that vote.  Instead, I would just let him stew since it's a non-power role and his presence would upset the town. 

You say he's smart.  If he is and he's the jester, why would a smart man try to stop a bandwagon with this mess?  3 votes already on him and it wouldn't take much to get the rest of us going. 

That's a crazy gamble.  It's less crazy for a mafia to claim jester and let the town go nuts with the WIFOM.

Seriously.. "I'm the jester, so I'll get people to vote for me by claiming I'm the jester?"  Even if he's smart enough (can't say he isn't) that's balliser than a mafia screaming that he's mafia to get people to stop voting for them.   He may be that smart, but I don't think he's that crazy.

Fakeedit:

Apostolic.. simply put.. Stop feeding the town WIFOM.

"He's claimed jester, but that's what he wants us to think"

"Dakarian is trying to kill the 'jester' when scum would rather kill the jester..but that's what he wants us to think"

"Dakarian is trying to kill scum.. but that's what he wants us to think"

WIFOM kills towns dead.  Suspect me if you must but stop trying to 'outguess' me.  It doesn't help anyone.
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2009, 04:41:05 pm »

Fair enough. Let's lynch him and see what happens.
ExKirby.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26