Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41341 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2009, 12:26:30 pm »

Out of hand!?

This game was so half dead that the host had to go prod crazy to get some life into it.  The town was out of ideas and pretty darn silent and ready to, at best, no lynch and forget about the day or, at worst, abandon the game.

Now we've gotten past that and starting to get into the meat of the story.  Now we're debating and arguing and trying to come up with content that will be analyzed later.

For example, now I know your argument for my death was vaporware.  You used someone else's argument to try to pin an attack on me and kept flinging side comments to try to ride it out.  When I finally pinned you down to the topic and pressured you, you showed you HAD no argument.

So let me sum up the last few days for you:

You tried to kill me using no proper argument what so ever.

I tore it apart like it was confetti.

Now while you are asking us to no lynch and panicking over what's going on, you have the most votes and are about to be our first lynch.

NOW do you understand?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »

Out of hand!?

This game was so half dead that the host had to go prod crazy to get some life into it.  The town was out of ideas and pretty darn silent and ready to, at best, no lynch and forget about the day or, at worst, abandon the game.

Now we've gotten past that and starting to get into the meat of the story.  Now we're debating and arguing and trying to come up with content that will be analyzed later.

For example, now I know your argument for my death was vaporware.  You used someone else's argument to try to pin an attack on me and kept flinging side comments to try to ride it out.  When I finally pinned you down to the topic and pressured you, you showed you HAD no argument.

So let me sum up the last few days for you:

You tried to kill me using no proper argument what so ever.

I tore it apart like it was confetti.

Now while you are asking us to no lynch and panicking over what's going on, you have the most votes and are about to be our first lynch.

NOW do you understand?
You only tore the skin up. From my point of view, it's still informed vs uninformed. And you seem far too informed.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2009, 01:05:31 pm »

You say your argument stands but I had to pull your argument from the archives (and find out it's not even your argument).

You claim I WIFOM but can't bring up when I did it.

You say I'm too informed yet don't explain HOW I know more than the town.

You underestimate your opponent.  10 paragraphs to me is one sentence to you.  I can tear apart your arguments for far longer than you can dream them up.

Of course, that's only good for stopping your debate on me.  I still need to prove you're not just foolish but actually a scum. 

For that, it deserves another post.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2009, 01:26:46 pm »

Meh.. Day 1 analysis in Day 1 is messy. 

You randomvoted Person.  Null tell since we don't know Person.

You then started in on me 'for the color' thing.  When pressed you bring back Nihilist's argument.

The problem: you ignore the fact that I responded to it already.  Instead of presenting an argument against my response he just reflings the same argument before my response. 

This, in truth, is the whole summary of your actual debate.  Everything else you've thrown involves small comments saying I'm scummy.. I did something wrong.. you're confused.. everything's gone crazy.  No scumhunt.  No self thinking.  All you have is someone else's old debate point to fall back on.  The rest is confusion: a scumtrait formed due to the fact that every person who accuse you know is town making it very hard to truly argue for someone's death.

To sum that up: I'm arguing that you ARE an informed minority that can't argue because you know everyone's alignment already.

Now, I wait your response.
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2009, 05:39:56 pm »

Game of Assassins on my dorm floor and class in half an hour. Can't refute now.
What is assassins?
It's a game where you are given a target and someone has you as a target and you kill your target without being killed.

You then get the target of the person you killed and so on until you kill the last person or you are killed.

We play with spoons!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2009, 05:41:50 pm »

BUY

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON GUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2009, 05:50:17 pm »

BUY

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON GUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD
I made a glove with spoons on the fingertips. It works better when people fear being clawed by Freddy Kruger.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2009, 10:29:30 pm »

Is there a deadline, or are we endlessly throwing around votes and will ultimately end up in limbo forever?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 14, 2009, 11:08:46 pm »

Let's not keep ourselves in limbo.  Ultimately, I think I'm going to have to agree with Dakarian and

Unvote.

Exkirby.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2009, 11:16:45 pm »

This game works differently from others.  Instead of a deadline, there's a Hammer.

Basically, the host is waiting for over half the town to vote on the same person.  The second that happens, that person is considered lynched no matter if the host is there to report it.

Since we have 9 people, it takes 5 people on the same person to lynch.  The SECOND that 5th vote comes in, Exkirby will be lynched and the day is over.  Even if the host doesn't show immediately.. even if someone unvotes right after, it doesn't matter: he's dead and once the host comes it will be night.

With Vector's vote, ExKirby is at 4 votes, known to some as N-1.  At this point, he has as much pressure as you can give him without actually killing him.

Traditionally, we leave him on this point and make him talk to make SURE that the person is scum before killing.  It's not over for him yet: you can be at this point and still live if we pull off (and it's normal to do so) but the time for jokes and 'maybe' comments is OVER.

The last person to put a vote in is called the hammer.  Once that vote goes in, the day is DONE and ExKirby is dead.  Depending on how web is playing this, he might not even allow him or anyone else to talk after that point even if the host hasn't showed up.  In case that's true, it's best to get EVERYTHING you want to say to him and us out NOW before that happens.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 14, 2009, 11:51:23 pm »

L-1, you mean.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2009, 12:05:29 am »

Er... wouldn't that mean that this game could theoretically drag on forever, very easily? Especially once we get down to the lower numbers. I guess that just means all players have to be active. Lurkers are something we cannot tolerate, then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2009, 12:25:48 am »

This game works differently from others.  Instead of a deadline, there's a Hammer.

Basically, the host is waiting for over half the town to vote on the same person.  The second that happens, that person is considered lynched no matter if the host is there to report it.

Since we have 9 people, it takes 5 people on the same person to lynch.  The SECOND that 5th vote comes in, Exkirby will be lynched and the day is over.  Even if the host doesn't show immediately.. even if someone unvotes right after, it doesn't matter: he's dead and once the host comes it will be night.

With Vector's vote, ExKirby is at 4 votes, known to some as N-1.  At this point, he has as much pressure as you can give him without actually killing him.

Traditionally, we leave him on this point and make him talk to make SURE that the person is scum before killing.  It's not over for him yet: you can be at this point and still live if we pull off (and it's normal to do so) but the time for jokes and 'maybe' comments is OVER.

The last person to put a vote in is called the hammer.  Once that vote goes in, the day is DONE and ExKirby is dead.  Depending on how web is playing this, he might not even allow him or anyone else to talk after that point even if the host hasn't showed up.  In case that's true, it's best to get EVERYTHING you want to say to him and us out NOW before that happens.
Quite. When the hammer happens, further talking will result in some severe modkilling. Best pay attention, lest ye wind up dead.

Vote Count (5 to Lynch)

Apostolic Nihilist - NUKE9.13
ExKirby - Pandarsenic, dakarian, Leafsnail, Vector
dakarian - ExKirby, Org
Pandarsenic - Apostolic Nihilist
Vector - Mr.Person

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2009, 12:35:30 am »

If individuals decide to overlurk or just plain flake, the mod then starts prodding, then replacing them.  Note we have a karma system so such things are now tracked.

If the town as a whole starts to drag on, web CAN establish a deadline.  It's usually a bad sign since it means we aren't attacking/asking questions/analyzing or other assorted scumhunting.  There's really NO reason for us NOT to keep talking until all mafia are 100% known.

note, the person under fire, ExKirby, has an odd playing time so bear in mind that all of the questions we have for him won't get addressed until we're all mostly away from the comp.

Also note: at this point is IS best for us to give him a chance to speak before lynching him off.  I know I'm still at the "deeply question him" phase.  When I get to "Ok, he needs to die" you'll spot it very easily.
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2009, 01:44:14 am »

Eh... I saw no answers, dak. But, if it makes people happy, Unvote. I can't see anyone else acting on suspision though.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26