Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41298 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2009, 02:14:54 pm »

You ignored someone accusing you AND voting for you.  I guess 2 votes isn't enough.

Perhaps 3 will make you notice us?  Perhaps with a noose on your scummy head?

I can't find it, could you repost it real fast?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2009, 02:19:30 pm »

Very well.  Pulling from your past post, which, was simply hanging on another person's argument:

Let's consider the scenarios:

A) There is a role which has a list of all the colours (and the roles that they have)

B) Scum have a list of all the colours (and the roles that they have)

C) This is a ploy by webadict to spread distrust throughout us all.

If B is true, then claiming our colours is the worst thing we can possibly do. If A is true, it's still bad, but not as bad. If C is true, it doesn't really matter either way. If A is true, then there's likely another role which can determine the colour someone has, but not the role.

Now, our lack of knowledge regarding this can be used by clever mafia very easily. They can try and trick us into thinking that:

A) Our colours mean nothing (if they do; they'll try and get us to claim in an effort to prove their theory while simultaneously getting a list of who has what role )
or
B) Our colours mean something (if they don't, then they'll try and spread misinformation, suggesting that our colours are important/do mean something and anyone who colour claims will immediately appear scummy. Admittedly, alone, there aren't many foreseeable advantages to this, but if there is a role that determines colours, and that role thinks that the colours mean something, then much fun could be had.)

Anyone suggesting that we claim our colours is scummy, Dakarian. I may have been more accurate with my random vote than I thought.

Furthermore, you say that your colour doesn't fit your role; this implies that you have a role which doesn't suit your colour.
Ex: Blue cop, green doctor, red mafia.

Since the only thing you added was WIFOM I imagine this is the inkstain.

As I said before, my color (red) does NOT fit my role.  Matched with my belief that there's a better chance that the colors are something to either red herring us (though that's more recently) or cause us trouble (original idea) than it is something that benefits the mafia, I do not see a problem with us learning more about our colors.

That's the reasoning behind my actions.

So far, your only response from you is WIFOM. 

If you believe I'm just plain old lying and that's that then you DON'T have an argument for me and you just want me dead.  Take responsibility then and get the town after me.  If you believe my argument mostly but still have some specific issue then stop referencing and voice them specifically.  If you believe me and you have nothing to add then what's left for you to consider me scummy?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2009, 02:22:22 pm »

You ignored someone accusing you AND voting for you.  I guess 2 votes isn't enough.

Perhaps 3 will make you notice us?  Perhaps with a noose on your scummy head?

I can't find it, could you repost it real fast?

I was talking to Nihilist about his lack of responding to your own statement, which was:

[quote author=Mr. Person)If you're going to say stuff about people, be ready to back it up, so unvote and voteApostolic Nihilist. Try posting something this isn't just you popping in and saying "Hey guys, he could be scum!", that's useless WIFOM that only the scum like.
[/quote]

It DID take 3 votes to get a response though it was less actual attack and more shrugging of shoulders.
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2009, 02:24:21 pm »

Dak, I think I saw a flash of WIFOM there. That or my eyes are faulty.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2009, 02:38:09 pm »

My eyes always were faulty.  If you see that flash again take a picture of it so I can see it too.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2009, 02:46:05 pm »

Mr Person, please answer the post. >:I

I already did. Look moar.

Unvote

I am watching you. >:

Org, you are doing nothing.  You aren't even playing attention to this game at all, it seems.  You make comments about your vigilance, but don't seem to even know who is involved.

Show up and scumhunt.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2009, 04:35:11 pm »

Mr Person, please answer the post. >:I

I already did. Look moar.

Unvote

I am watching you. >:

Org, you are doing nothing.  You aren't even playing attention to this game at all, it seems.  You make comments about your vigilance, but don't seem to even know who is involved.

Show up and scumhunt.
Hurr Hurr.
Oh wait this is color mafia. Huh.

And just because I missed a single thing doesnt seem good enough a reason.

Dak seems suspicious. Freaking out because of the color thing.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »

Pandarsenic

Hey there.  Who do you think we should be after?  Make sure to say specifically why. 

If you aren't sure of anyone.. then a general idea on how everyone looks (including why they aren't suspicious) will be useful.

@Person

After Nihilist's comments, how do you feel about him?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »

He's only gotten worse, in my eyes. I'm going to keep my vote on him until he votes somebody and starts scumhunting.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2009, 05:17:00 pm »

Dak, the colors. They meen nothing!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2009, 05:49:28 pm »

Colors = red herring is a possibility I'm willing to consider.  Beyond explaining why I did what I did I'm putting the color concept to rest and doing good old scumhunting.

You should go scumhunt too, Org.  Your rivals aren't too happy of your lack of hunting.
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2009, 05:57:11 pm »

Colors = red herring is a possibility I'm willing to consider.  Beyond explaining why I did what I did I'm putting the color concept to rest and doing good old scumhunting.

You should go scumhunt too, Org.  Your rivals aren't too happy of your lack of hunting.
>:

Yes. I should,

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2009, 06:22:52 pm »

I guess I should just start randomly voting again, then? I had my vote on Dakarian for a while, but that ended up fruitless.

I don't see NUKE as particularly scummy, a vote on Mr.Person would be an OMGUS, etc.

Er... actually, there's Pandarsenic. He hasn't said much in the past 4 pages. This was his last post of note:
While I believe the color has some influence on the game, there's now way for us to establish that except by simply playing.
Which is basically just a rehash of ideas already thrown around by everyone else.
He really has been silent. Extremely silent.
The sudden different behaviour doesn't seem right; Beginner's 2, for instance; he won, and was aggressive. I'll stick by my assumption that he's not mafia but an anti-town role.
He'd be more careful to deflect suspicion if he were mafia, but with a role he's not sure what to do.
Or something like that.

As for my last post being useless; it was really just explaining my views on the "Hey let's vote AN!" mentality that seemed to be sweeping through everyone.
I'm not going to fault anyone for it, of course — even if we do have a minuscule chance of actually voting and lynching mafia on Day 1, I suppose the practice itself isn't bad, right?
Actually, I can't easily recall many games that have had a mafia lynch D1. I'd say 90% of the time (at least) it's been a townie who dies.
That's why I don't like lynching for D1 mistakes; pushing & prodding, trying to draw out more mistakes, sure; but lynching? It's a bit much. At least wait until we have evidence to go off of, I say.

I've been trying to defend myself a bit overzealously, so I've probably dug my own grave, but even so...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »

Game of Assassins on my dorm floor and class in half an hour. Can't refute now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:09 pm »

I'm not going to fault anyone for it, of course — even if we do have a minuscule chance of actually voting and lynching mafia on Day 1, I suppose the practice itself isn't bad, right?
Actually, I can't easily recall many games that have had a mafia lynch D1. I'd say 90% of the time (at least) it's been a townie who dies.
That's why I don't like lynching for D1 mistakes; pushing & prodding, trying to draw out more mistakes, sure; but lynching? It's a bit much. At least wait until we have evidence to go off of, I say.

Unvote.  Org, let's see some scum-hunting PDQ.  It's the "not playing the damned game" more than anything else.

You have indeed dug your own grave.  Scum have different behavior when someone is being lynched than they do when we are just "scumhunting."  The lynch is almost necessary, especially if we are not going off of night actions.  We can't say if this is a "power role game" or not.  As such, we must go off behavior--and yours is suspicious.

You are not acting anything like your usual self.  I saw you in BM3, and you're being far more passive and submissive.  You seem like an ideal D1 lynch to get things cranking.

Sorry, Apostolic Nihilist.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26