Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41299 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2009, 01:41:22 am »

I'm going to keep my vote on you until a better target comes along. Your attempt at self-preservation was oddly scummy.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2009, 01:55:12 am »

We're at an impasse then, because I think you really didn't like my randomvote and chose me to try to throw me off.  You then used Leafsnail's argument and filled it with WIFOM to try to complete the bandwagon.

You're now a little stuck since I called you out and handing on to my vote looks better than running away without someone else to target.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2009, 05:21:16 am »

HI I'M USELESS!!!
Thank you for this chance.

Pandar, do you not like me? Or what?

Votecount plox.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2009, 11:01:36 am »

HI I'M USELESS

No, but really, Org? I have no objection to you personally - only to your general refusal to scumhunt.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2009, 11:18:38 am »

Unvote.

Apostolic Nihilist, why is wanting to survive a scumtell?  The only role on the list Webadict posted that would want to be lynched is the Jester.  All other roles on the list would want to survive to help their team (or themselves, in the case of the Survivor and SK).

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2009, 11:19:49 am »

Pandar.  Just did a look over of the posts.  Org's been hunting better than you have this game so far.  He's been randomvoting various people for a while.  All you did is a failed randomvote (since you didn't wait for your target to speak up) and a very small poke at Org.  It's been extremely small posts commenting on other people's analysis after that.

FOS Pandarsenic for evoking another game of Org-hate to hide his own lack of scumhunting.

Oh, and also for Pot-Kettle-Black
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2009, 11:26:33 am »

OK, for all of you who are wondering why I'm usually inactive, I'm a brit who goes on after school, meaning 4PM-9PM GMT. Any time outside of that, and odds on that I'm not online.

Anyway, seeing as Mr>person has posted, my random vote holds no purpose, so unvote.

diakron seems scummy, with all the color thing. So voting Diakron for the time being.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2009, 01:34:39 pm »

Vote Count (5 to Lynch)

Dakarian - Apostolic Nihilist
Apostolic Nihilist - dakarian
Org - Pandarsenic
Leafsnail - NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13 - dakarian
Mr.Person - Org

This was probably just a mistake, but why does Dakarian have votes on both NUKE9.13 and me?

Also, as to why I'm keeping my vote on Dakarian for the time being:
One of the major flaws in my playing style is that I'm to susceptible to changing my vote if pushed. I tend to operate under the assumption that most of my accusations are incorrect; when confronted with evidence, I retreat rather than pushing harder.
So right now, I can either unvote Dakarian and look scummy for changing my vote with little reason, or keep my vote on Dakarian and look scummy for 'building a bandwagon', or rather, failing to build one.

As it stands, assuming that Dakarian is red, then I assume he's town simply because of his earlier reaction. ("There's no correlation between colours and roles.") Of course, this could be the behaviour of a sneaky mafia player, but we don't even know if the colours actually mean anything yet, so starting a WIFOM is really just anti-town.

I'm going to agree and say that Pandarsenic is less aggressive than usual, but I wouldn't say that means he's scum; in Beginner's Mafia 2 he was extremely aggressive and scum. I'd say he's probably a role like cop or doctor, or even a role like SK which he may not have experience with.

Similarly, I think that Dakarian has a pro-town role because of his behaviour. I don't think he's lying about anything, it's just that telling the truth will only serve to get him NK'd.

Given the large number of roles in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if there were only a few without any.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 02:07:43 pm »

So let's see..

You normally waffle your vote so now you decided to Toony Tunnel instead with no evidence except a WIFOM you placed on yourself.

You're already waffling.  Not  removing your vote doesn't change that: it just means you're trying to kill someone you believe is town.

I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2009, 02:55:46 pm »

I assume Toony Tunnel is "Continue going after your random vote long after the RVS has ended."?
I'm not familiar with the vernacular specific to Bay12 right yet, I've seen 'Toony Tunneling' thrown around a lot though, so I just want to make sure I know what you're talking about.

I assume we're waiting for the new vote count to get the verdict on your two votes.

I'm going to unvote, I suppose, simply because you do raise a good point — I don't think pursuing you any more is going to be fruitful. At best, nothing will come of it, and at worst, scum will jump on the chance to bandwagon you.
But... bah, if you really do turn out to be an anti-town role, I'm going to end up quite enraged at myself.

My current thoughts on what's what:

Dakarian: Has a role. Likely pro-town, is probably red.
Org: Active, uncharacteristic behaviour, but change isn't always bad. Aggressive, which is a slight town tell.
Leafsnail: Bandwagon on me (though, does valid reasoning make it less of a bandwagon?) seems off coming from him, but I don't take it as a particularly scummy action.
NUKE9.13: No real thoughts; hasn't posted enough.
Mr.Person: Hasn't posted much. Not inherently scummy, probably waiting it out.
Pandarsenic: Uncharacteristically silent; probably has a different/interesting role and is considering his options.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2009, 03:13:32 pm »

Shit, I forgot to unvote Org.

That reminds me, I have a randomvote to continue. ExKirby, what do you think the colors mean?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2009, 03:26:15 pm »

Well.
It's pretty clear that org is scum.
Vote org
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2009, 03:29:59 pm »

Shit, I forgot to unvote Org.

That reminds me, I have a randomvote to continue. ExKirby, what do you think the colors mean?
This is what I meant. :I

Nuke, please inform us of why you think I am scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2009, 03:52:10 pm »

Personally? I think the colors are not only related to the roles, I think they ARE the roles. For instance, let's say blue is... fuck it, cop. Everyone who's a cop is blue. Other than that, I think the colors mean nothing. Of course, I could be wrong. Hell, we might even have a color cop or something.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2009, 04:01:15 pm »

Personally? I think the colors are not only related to the roles, I think they ARE the roles. For instance, let's say blue is... fuck it, cop. Everyone who's a cop is blue. Other than that, I think the colors mean nothing. Of course, I could be wrong. Hell, we might even have a color cop or something.
If that's the case, what role would black, white, yellow, etc, be? I can see yellow being roleblocker, but perhaps that should go to orange? Green would probably be doctor, but who knows? The only way we could possibly figure it out is by colour-claiming, but that could potentially cripple us, and with little benefit.
We have to make assumptions based off of only our role and our colour until someone dies, so it's probably best we wait it out.

I wonder if scum have more information than we do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26