Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41273 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Color Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 10:37:54 am »

Hello Mr.Person! How is your nap!

Yes, that was my vote.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:10 am »

Leafsnail is pretty FoS happy in most games he's in. And nowadays you punks use blue for your FoSing, which is a funny colour. In comparison to not using blue.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 10:48:01 am »

I'm fairly sure colors have an effect, but I'm equally sure it won't be something as obvious as "Your vote goes to the appropriate color".  I don't think we should color-claim, as it could have absolutely disastrous consequences.  Then again, it could be a "Presumably Vanilla Townie" style ploy, where we spend the entire game searching for a meaning in the colors only to find that there's none at all.

Anyway, Dakarian, I think he means that he doesn't like the way I tend to FoS people in blue.  Or something.  Why are you color-fishing?  Could it be that the mafia gains some kind of advantage through knowing people's colors?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2009, 11:03:00 am »

I'm color fishing because color fishing =! role fishing.

The mafia want to know our roles so that they can better attack against them.  That's the basis of Role Fishing. 

Color fishing, however, is an attempt to learn the game: the basis of solving a Bastard Mod.  No one knows what the colors do, whether they have an effect or whether they are red herrings.  Judging by how web phrased everything, no one currently knows the purpose of their color or anyone else's.  That makes the colors a wildcard that can, at best, divert us, and, at worse, tear the whole lot of us apart. 

Excluding power roles (and even then there's exceptions), Truth and honesty is a Town weapon.  It's by learning the truth of all of us that we win these games.  It's the mafia that hoards information and wishes the town to remain confused and uninformed long enough to finish their work. 

The point: Since color doesn't directly show role, I believe we're best off attempting to solve the puzzle so long as it doesn't detract us from the traditional scumhunt.  Mass Color Claiming is one way but not the only way.  Thus why I asked to bring about a vote and not just bully the town.

I imagine, Leaf, that your vote then would be No. 

Sidenote: *smack* for messing up my pressure questioning.  Answering someone else's question, even if you know the answer, doesn't help determine their town/scumminess, especially in RVS when the questions aren't exactly strong to begin with. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 11:15:40 am »

The point: Since color doesn't directly show role
How do you know?
Long Live United Forenia!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 12:34:12 pm »

Judgement based on my PM role. 

If you look at yours and can find some connection between your color and your role, you're either getting a lot more information than I have or you're better at puzzles.
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 03:25:07 pm »

Pandar, is there anything else you want me to answer?

Mr Person, until he posts and who would your two mafia buddies be?

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 03:28:46 pm »

Let's consider the scenarios:

A) There is a role which has a list of all the colours (and the roles that they have)

B) Scum have a list of all the colours (and the roles that they have)

C) This is a ploy by webadict to spread distrust throughout us all.

If B is true, then claiming our colours is the worst thing we can possibly do. If A is true, it's still bad, but not as bad. If C is true, it doesn't really matter either way. If A is true, then there's likely another role which can determine the colour someone has, but not the role.

Now, our lack of knowledge regarding this can be used by clever mafia very easily. They can try and trick us into thinking that:

A) Our colours mean nothing (if they do; they'll try and get us to claim in an effort to prove their theory while simultaneously getting a list of who has what role )
or
B) Our colours mean something (if they don't, then they'll try and spread misinformation, suggesting that our colours are important/do mean something and anyone who colour claims will immediately appear scummy. Admittedly, alone, there aren't many foreseeable advantages to this, but if there is a role that determines colours, and that role thinks that the colours mean something, then much fun could be had.)

Anyone suggesting that we claim our colours is scummy, Dakarian. I may have been more accurate with my random vote than I thought.

Furthermore, you say that your colour doesn't fit your role; this implies that you have a role which doesn't suit your colour.
Ex: Blue cop, green doctor, red mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 03:34:09 pm »

Vote Count (5 to Lynch)

Dakarian - Apostolic Nihilist
Apostolic Nihilist - dakarian
Org - Pandarsenic
Leafsnail - NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13 - dakarian
Mr.Person - Org

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 03:39:41 pm »

To assume that a role has a color chart is to assume that Web was lying about the possible roles, since the only role that can be affected by color is the Role Cop.  I guess this could be a true Bastard game but I'm hoping not.

And yes, I can't see HOW my color affects my role.

I've always been one to believe more knowledge helps than less knowledge. 

I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 03:42:58 pm »

Pandarsenic and Dakarian do a good job of hiding scuminess.

ExKirby,, why am I OMGUS'ing you?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 03:53:43 pm »

To assume that a role has a color chart is to assume that Web was lying about the possible roles, since the only role that can be affected by color is the Role Cop.  I guess this could be a true Bastard game but I'm hoping not.

And yes, I can't see HOW my color affects my role.

I've always been one to believe more knowledge helps than less knowledge. 

Quote from: webadict

And so on. That's "mostly" it. Remember, 0 is a number, too!

It's clear he's hiding something from us, or at the very least wants us to think he's hiding something from us.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 04:05:12 pm »

Gotta love those bastard mods.   

*having dark memories of a game that claimed to be normal but secretely everyone was a SK*
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 04:08:23 pm »

Gotta love those bastard mods.   

*having dark memories of a game that claimed to be normal but secretely everyone was a SK*
Hahaha.  I have thought of bastard mod games where secretly everyone's in the mafia, or noone's in the mafia, or everyone is a naive cop.  Wait, aren't most SKs resistant to night kills anyway?

I don't think webadict would bastard mod to that extreme (after all, we haven't had a vote mafia where everyone is a triple voter yet :P), but I do think the colors might have an important effect.  Like maybe the mafia is given a color chart, or people only color-flip.  Or something.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 04:15:36 pm »

It was a mess.  The SKs, each night would choose one person.  Whoever recieved the most 'hits' was killed.  Ties resulted in multiple kills.  Also, the roleflips were all faked, with people showing up as cops, towns, mafias, and what not.

There was a quirk in it where if all of the SKs died in the same time (i.e. if each person targeted someone different) then EVERYONE would win (since their win condition was "everyone else dies" without any need to survive themselves).  The group didn't find out though so only one person won.

Once you open the realm to Bastard Modding, everything turns to mush.

As a sidenote: I have a Bastard Mod in the works :D.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26