Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone else have Fantasy Grounds?  (Read 3039 times)

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have Fantasy Grounds?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:31 am »

Only one player will need the full version, unless you like to share the GMing. Each player will need a lite license which only allows them to store their own character sheets and notes. The other reason to use a non-chat ( text only ) model, is if you can get your players to roleplay ( and use the OOC tags when they want to talk out of character ) your chat log becomes a ready made session summary. If you do a lot of the conversation in chat, sure its a bit quicker but you lose all that delicious text. I've seen the 4th ed criminal ruleset but haven't used it - since Guild Wars, none of my regular gamers want to commit time to FG. I'd be happy to show off the system to anyone with a lite license; I've got plenty of modules already loaded to play around with. I took a bunch of WOTC modules which are free now off their website, and transferred the goodies from the PDF's straight into FG. It takes a little formatting to translate a module ( especially if you are translating 2nd ed monsters and characters into 3rd or 3.5 edition ), but frankly any time you spend setting up the text is time well spent; by the time you're playing, its really troublesome to have to be writing your own content or correcting other text, drafting or finding maps ect at the same time as managing your players!  FG is great, and if you have a core group of remote players you can convince to play regularly, so different from tabletop gaming, in a good way.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 03:27:28 am »

Yeah, the games i've managed to get going in FGII have been great, in some areas superior to face to face games, the problem is just locating a group of people who stick around for more than a month or so. Grah.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 03:54:09 am »

it looks awesome im gonna try the demo

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 03:55:49 am »

Considering a sudden DnD obession seems to have swept the forums, i'd be willing to run some DnD games (3.5 or 4e, whichever) instead of SW if that would garner more interest.
Pages: 1 [2]