Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48609 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (We need a host!)
« Reply #735 on: October 21, 2009, 02:34:53 pm »

Still isn't working.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 21, 2009, 02:38:52 pm »

Rooster just restarted the server. That's the last idea I've got. Needless to say your ports are cleared, right?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 21, 2009, 02:39:36 pm »

our ports shouldn't need alterting, after all those of us who cant host can join.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:35 pm »

Ports only matter if you're hosting, and I'm connecting directly to my modem, so it's irrelevant.

EDIT:  Well, I can't seem to connect.  This is going to make two games I've missed a large part of.  I don't want to end up being That Guy, so unless I figure out what's wrong I think I'm going to drop out.  Kill Simo, have a waitlister take him over, whatever's appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:07:06 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 21, 2009, 03:16:49 pm »

Ports only matter if you're hosting, and I'm connecting directly to my modem, so it's irrelevant.

EDIT:  Well, I can't seem to connect.  This is going to make two games I've missed a large part of.  I don't want to end up being That Guy, so unless I figure out what's wrong I think I'm going to drop out.  Kill Simo, have a waitlister take him over, whatever's appropriate.
but but.. we need a rogue.
edit: well simos currently passed out from getting bitten by spiders
edit2: simo was lit on fire and is likely dead now, update later.
edit3: so ya we were attacked by a swarm of fine sized spiders, simo got bitten to unconscience, then we poured oil on him and the spiders that were on him and lit it up. Simos dead but at least the spiders are to. me and rich got extra xp for it
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:06:25 pm by userpay »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 21, 2009, 04:30:38 pm »

You guys work fast.

Also, check this out.

You want it?  Don't lie, we all know you do.  Well you can't have it, because the computer you play it on is 10,000 dollars.
Shoes...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 21, 2009, 04:55:44 pm »

You guys work fast.

Also, check this out.

You want it?  Don't lie, we all know you do.  Well you can't have it, because the computer you play it on is 10,000 dollars.
well that certainly looks interesting. If they do come out with that game im sure they will have a version for those that have a regular computer but get a touch screen and even for those that have regular screen they can probably have it mouse useable. So we had two people die, gained some stuff from a few rooms and a bashed open chest.
edit: whats irritating is jod died from heart attack, i wanted to hit him with my axe for hitting me with a sling stone.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 21, 2009, 04:57:12 pm »

Oh, and I don't think we mentioned that we rested for the night, using Simo's corpse as our campfire. As for the subject of loot, I got myself a masterwork silver dagger and a cherry wand, along with a 2nd-level spell, Hideous Laughter.

EDIT: Oh, and now we're fighting an Earth Golem because Gurk tried to loot a wand before reading the warning that was written in Common.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:59:00 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 21, 2009, 05:00:31 pm »

I want that.

Of course I just killed our whole team  ;D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 21, 2009, 05:05:22 pm »

How'd you get a second level spell already?
Shoes...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 21, 2009, 05:08:05 pm »

There was a scrollcase by the chest we looted at the bottom of the dungeon. I found it, read the scroll with a really high roll, and got the spell Hideous Laughter.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 21, 2009, 06:11:31 pm »

Ye don't have it in your spellbook yet, ye haven't copied it yet so don't use teh scroll till you do. At any rate mayhap we can have lef talk to the golem in the hopes of calming it, the message seemed to suggest clerics might beable to grab it.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 21, 2009, 07:07:55 pm »

The adventurers delve deeper into the dungeon, their sorcerer suffering a fatal and tragic heart attack, and their rogue falling prey to a barrel of spiders and friendly fire. An office adjoining the torture chamber containing a locked chest - wait chest? SMASH IT OPEN! FUCK YEAH MAGIC LOOT.

I feel bad about you not being able to connect Cthulhu (and, subsequently, what happened to your character), but I have no idea what the problem was there. And where was you Leafsnail?

OOC chat is definitely moved to AIM for next time, only actions and actual IC-speak will be in the gametable window. It just gets confusing sometimes. Especially when certain people have actions are in parentheses. (open the door) looks like you're telling someone else to do it, less decisive than "I open the door." or "/emote opens the door", and since there's a lot of discussion it's hard to sort out the actual actions, especially when people are doing multiple things. Hence OOC chat.

Maybe it was kind of a dick move throwing a swarm at a newbie party. I figured someone would figure out the immunity thing, and when I planned it I also wasn't expecting you to go in there without useful spells...still, at least you figured out a decent plan to kill them. Fight smarter not harder and all that.

Session was still slow-moving, but it had it's moments. Like attempting first aid on an oil-covered, lit, -9 HP body.

but but.. we need a rogue.
I have a feeling Gurk is just going to smash every lock and trigger every trap until it kills him or another rogue turns up. That seems to be the trend.

whats irritating is jod died from heart attack, i wanted to hit him with my axe for hitting me with a sling stone.
You still could have. Ain't no rule against hitting a dead guy with an axe. Although it's sort of in poor taste.

There was a scrollcase by the chest we looted at the bottom of the dungeon. I found it, read the scroll with a really high roll, and got the spell Hideous Laughter.
To clarify CJ, you deciphered the scroll with the spellcraft check to learn what was on it. When you read the scroll it will activate, cast the spell, and disappear. Or you can spend a full day, make a spellcraft DC 17 check to copy the spell to your spellbook, and lose the scroll.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs
« Reply #748 on: October 21, 2009, 08:20:41 pm »

Ohhh hey, if Simo is out for the next sessions (and I somehow manage to properly join the next one), I could make us a replacement elven rogue instead of playing a crazy dwarven monk, Tis all up to ye anyway, I'd have lotsa fun with both.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 21, 2009, 09:55:11 pm »

Maybe it was kind of a dick move throwing a swarm at a newbie party. I figured someone would figure out the immunity thing, and when I planned it I also wasn't expecting you to go in there without useful spells...still, at least you figured out a decent plan to kill them. Fight smarter not harder and all that.

At low levels swarms in general are dick moves :P

But hey, if they enjoyed it, that's fine. Sometimes a good dick move livens things up a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57