Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48663 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (in the dungeon)
« Reply #660 on: October 14, 2009, 07:00:07 pm »

As I've come to expect, Rashilul, your insightful contributions to this topic are without peer.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 14, 2009, 07:10:12 pm »

So, did I summon that badger?

But Rash and you all are right, we spent over half the session debating things that seemed logical then, but in hindsight are REALLY stupid. However, I for one think that's what is fun about this game. Not just the game itself (although that's major) but the hijinks that the players partake in, and the futile efforts of the DM to stop them.

I first got into D&D after reading DM of the Rings, and to be honest that's the kind of game I enjoy playing: One where stupidity and hilarious moments are not necessarily to the DM's liking or to the plot's development, but are still enjoyable by all. One where session long debates about whether anchovies are good, whether the wizard or the warrior should get the sword, or whether or not we should assassinate the king, despite him standing well within earshot are not only seen, but are commonplace. To me, this IS D&D. This is FUN.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 14, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »

Actually, instead of a badger, we had you summon a medium monstrous centipede instead. I don't know why.

You should say "thank you" by the way, for using my candle for your spell. I want to be paid back you know.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 14, 2009, 07:24:14 pm »

Not that I don't think hijinks are fun. I was laughing when you were all trying simultaneously to break a set of steel bars, Enson swinging at them with both weapons, Gurk using his bare hands and Richard intermittently casting frost bolt and hitting them with your wooden staff. The problem is not the existence of hijinks. The problem is that at this rate, you'll be a half dozen sessions in and still be level 1 in the first dungeon.

Actually, instead of a badger, we had you summon a medium monstrous centipede instead. I don't know why.

You should say "thank you" by the way, for using my candle for your spell. I want to be paid back you know.

The candle doesn't actually get used up, he just needs to be holding it. He could just give you back your candle later.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 14, 2009, 07:31:15 pm »

Not that I don't think hijinks are fun. I was laughing when you were all trying simultaneously to break a set of steel bars, Enson swinging at them with both weapons, Gurk using his bare hands and Richard intermittently casting frost bolt and hitting them with your wooden staff. The problem is not the existence of hijinks. The problem is that at this rate, you'll be a half dozen sessions in and still be level 1 in the first dungeon.

The candle doesn't actually get used up, he just needs to be holding it. He could just give you back your candle later.
Ya for some reason all of us forgot simo was a rogue (since his controler lost connection and I was controlling him) so that took awhile. We summoned a centiped because otherwise it would have been a celestial badger which doesn't fit as well with richard.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 14, 2009, 08:05:43 pm »

Maybe Richard should get special permission to swap all of the celestial and fiendish templates on the summon list...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 14, 2009, 08:25:18 pm »

Not to mention the fact I specifically requested a badger. Considering the battle cry of the Richard I'm basing mine off is "For Pony!", I don't see why I can't have a pet celestial badger.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 14, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »

He's an evil wizard.  The celestial gods aren't going to give him one of their badgers.
Shoes...

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #668 on: October 14, 2009, 09:17:28 pm »

Has anyone considered using VOIP? Xfire works fairly well for that sort of thing. It's a small download, largely non-obtrusive, and relatively simple to set up. I could even host the server for that, too, if I'm around. If that doesn't work for everyone, there's Ventrilo, but I know much less about that.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 14, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »

He's an evil wizard.  The celestial gods aren't going to give him one of their badgers.

He could get a Fiendish Badger.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:19 pm »

A wolverine?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 14, 2009, 09:38:20 pm »

A wolverine?
No, a Badger with the Fiendish template. It's the demonic equivalent of the Celestial template.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 14, 2009, 09:45:03 pm »

A wolverine?
No, a Badger with the Fiendish template. It's the demonic equivalent of the Celestial template.
I've seen one of those once. Nasty.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 14, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »

A wolverine?
Not really. In theory the Fiendish\Celestial templates are supposedly worth +2 ECL. In practice they're really not. You get the mostly useless Smite Good ability and if you're high level you get some handy DR and Magic Resistance, but most higher level creatures already have DR and MR, and the other bonuses Fiendish gets are pretty damn common too.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2009, 10:12:35 pm »

A wolverine?
Not really. In theory the Fiendish\Celestial templates are supposedly worth +2 ECL. In practice they're really not. You get the mostly useless Smite Good ability and if you're high level you get some handy DR and Magic Resistance, but most higher level creatures already have DR and MR, and the other bonuses Fiendish gets are pretty damn common too.
Actually, it just bit a few people and ran away.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57