Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48684 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Wednesday! TAKE THAT REALITY!)
« Reply #630 on: October 13, 2009, 08:37:42 pm »

If we do the same time every time, I'll actually be able to play.

Sweet monkey jesus that guy is a tank.
I get 10 HP from fighter and 3 from con but the sheet says 15, what am I missing? I am getting kind of paranoid that I might have fogotten how to calculate HP or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 13, 2009, 09:44:03 pm »

If we do the same time every time, I'll actually be able to play.

Sweet monkey jesus that guy is a tank.
I get 10 HP from fighter and 3 from con but the sheet says 15, what am I missing? I am getting kind of paranoid that I might have fogotten how to calculate HP or something...
Did ye get that from a character generator?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 13, 2009, 10:33:33 pm »

I don't see the extra 2hp either, unless he got confused and thought endurance was toughness, but even that  is 3hp.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 13, 2009, 11:40:46 pm »

Yep, I didn't notice that skimming over it. That extra 2 hp is a mystery to me too.

If ye can drag it around without getting in the way, I fer one an't gonna be dragging the damn things around.

Why do you think he brought a mule, if not for hauling corpses? Dude planned ahead.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 13, 2009, 11:52:18 pm »

Is Jinglebells a poisonous snake?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 14, 2009, 12:26:13 am »

Slightly poisonous, yes. Ineffective against anything tough, but strong enough for the stuff level 1 characters deal with.

Specifically, when it bites, if you fail a Fortitude Save of 10, it deals -1d6 Constitution. 0 Constitution will kill something.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 14, 2009, 12:38:43 am »

Plus, for every point of constitution damage you suffer, you take 1 damage per level of the character.

So if you're level 3 and you suffer 4 points of Constitution Damage, you'll take 4 x 3 (12) HP damage, as well as the Con damage.

Con damage is nasty.

Oh, and of course if you suffer enough Con damage to drop your Con modifier, you lose 1 hit point per level entirely until you can return your Con to normal (So in the above example, if we assume you have 16 Con, suffer 4 Con damage, and are level 3. Your max HP is reduced by 2 x 3 (con drops from 16/+3 to 12/+1) so your max HP is reduced by 6 HP, and you then take 12 damage (4 x 3) on top of that, and to add insult to injury if your Con ever reaches 0 you immediately die (unless you're Undead.)

Con damage is really really nasty.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:44:51 am by Neruz »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 14, 2009, 01:16:48 am »

Are you sure that HP damage isn't a house rule or something?
This seems to be the relevant section from the SRD and it doesn't seem to mention anything other than the change in con modifier and the resultant reduction in max and subsequently current HP and I don't remember such a rule from when I used to play.
 It also raises the idea to me that con loss can't actually drop anyone below 1 HP per level, that would make my much more comfortable about barbarian rage which I always used to worry about for fear that I would die when it ended...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 14, 2009, 01:50:16 am »

It's in the DMG if i recall, i'll see if i can hunt down the relevant passages inna bit.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 14, 2009, 09:13:39 am »

*Sigh* fixed again. Don't know why I put 15.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:50 am »

about 5 hours left

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Second Session Today!)
« Reply #641 on: October 14, 2009, 12:59:59 pm »

So, I went to go have a shower today. All of a sudden, this spider comes scuttling at me out of nowhere. Around here we have these spiders that are...big. Not tarantula big, but a good two inches across, they are pretty damn freaky. I don't know where it came from, one moment I'm alone, the next this creepy little bugger is sprinting towards me. So I go, "GAH! SWEETMARYMOTHEROCHRIST!" and I step on it. And I'm standing there alone in my bathroom, spiderguts all over my bare foot, and I just think to myself,
Yesssssss. 25 exp.

See you guys in an hour and a half.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 14, 2009, 01:09:59 pm »

Guys, we have a slight issue. Before I explain, let me just say: I will still be there and I will still be playing.

BUT, the problem is my physical therapist is coming today, and he was originally going to be here now, but he got delayed. He will be here at 3:00. He's usually here for a good hour, so I'll be somewhat distracted during the first 30-40 minutes of the game. Thus, please do not be too surprised if I do not type anything for a few minutes, take a while to type my actions, or accidentally type "AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHOHGODOHGODSWEETMONKEYJESUSMYLEG!!!"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 14, 2009, 01:11:51 pm »

"Physical therapist"

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 14, 2009, 01:40:37 pm »

Yaaay I'm gonna watch it :o Mind posting the server details again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:44:00 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57