Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48689 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Almost made it to the dungeon...)
« Reply #570 on: October 09, 2009, 08:35:17 am »

Damn.
Looks like I'm forced to I dunno. Change my availbility?
That's bad.
Just propose something doable (when I'm not in school which is from 7AM to 4PM my time)
I won't have ANY sleep just to be able to play.
Assuming we wan't me to have extreme lack of sleep then actually I'm availble anytime when I'm not in school.

But I'd rather not since I won't have time to study for my exams and other stuff I do on weekdays.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 09, 2009, 09:13:22 am »

If I have to hack around my router to use it, maptools is a no-go. Seriously, though, the /clearlog command works fine for decreasing lag, I'm starting to wonder if aim pays userpay to push their product or something.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 09, 2009, 09:36:50 am »

If I have to hack around my router to use it, maptools is a no-go. Seriously, though, the /clearlog command works fine for decreasing lag, I'm starting to wonder if aim pays userpay to push their product or something.
I'm not trying to push aim specifically, I'd be more than happy with msn. Its just my only experience is with aim. When we were using the gametable there was the little thing at the bottom telling us who was typing then noone actually said anything... and I even saw roosters name repeated twice somehow. I'm just trying to push for us to go for something with streamlined chat and that we don't have to deleat the logs in case we have to go back and check something.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:46 am »

We could have one non-participating person join the chat and just sit there, collecting the log.  Since the lag only affects people who haven't cleared the chat, he'll be able to retain everything when we clear our logs.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 09, 2009, 11:02:08 am »

I guess saturday and sunday are your best bet then. Otherwise we could just check everyone's account activity on the forums so we have a better idea of who is availiable at what time.

PS: Pl0x don't let this die.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:49:10 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #575 on: October 09, 2009, 01:49:39 pm »

You know, hypothetically, if there were enough interest, and an extra DM, it might be easier, and more sensible, to divide into two groups, at different times, so we can accommodate more people, more often. I'd be willing to participate, probably, and I'm pretty much free constantly. Very flexible schedule.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2009, 03:46:57 pm »

You know, hypothetically, if there were enough interest, and an extra DM, it might be easier, and more sensible, to divide into two groups, at different times, so we can accommodate more people, more often. I'd be willing to participate, probably, and I'm pretty much free constantly. Very flexible schedule.

This, if 1/2 sessions per week become impossible.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2009, 08:07:25 pm »

So, is Sunday good for anyone? I've got what is certain to be a long trip to the barber shop tomorrow (remember, still recovering from broken knee) that takes place right in the middle of when our session would be. If not, then Tuesday MAY work for me, based on how fast the hospital is. Of course, that's assuming the DM isn't working.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 09, 2009, 08:18:43 pm »

As i said previously; i'd be willing to dee-em some dee-nn-dees. I have a fair amount of free time.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 09, 2009, 09:04:27 pm »

So, I'm definitely working all weekend and probably through until tuesday. I'll have a normal weekly schedule, hopefully soon, probably once the boss hires another person. I would be happy to do a session on days I work, but as I said, after work just wouldn't work unless the europe people were planning on pulling an all-nighter. I'd be willing to wake up at like 6:00 AM and do one before work one day, if that works for everyone else and usepay doesn't mind playing at 6:00 AM too, but that seems pretty unlikely to pan out as well. I'll do my best to figure out my days off as far in advance as I can, but I don't want to antagonize the boss over something like this so soon. There are sort of a million other unemployed people right now he could hire.

Doing my best here, I'd feel like a bit of a douchebag if this crapped out after one session.

Participate as a DM? Because I'm sure no one on the waiting list would complain about someone starting another game up. And I certainly wouldn't mind. Especially if we could somehow coordinate the availabilities and split it up in a way that makes planning sessions easy. Because right now, it was hard to get a session planned when I was always free, and the way it is now it's pretty much impossible.

The last resort will be rearranging the group based specifically on availabilities, so we can be guaranteed a session a week, but I really don't want to start cutting people out based on that. I would feel less bad if aforementioned second group for different availabilities existed, and we could just shift them to that before we get too far into this game.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2009, 09:21:10 pm »

I'm not quite familiar enough with the rules, nor in possession of the writing skills to create and manage my own campaign; but I'd gladly fill out and role-play any character at all, just about, although I'm prone to a certain amount of silliness. And I wouldn't mind helping host, or just helping experiment with different platforms for online play.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:56 pm »

So would Dakk. Just don't ask me to DM, unless you want to be raped by a rabid warband of gay elves.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 09, 2009, 10:43:50 pm »

I have decided to run a DnD gaem on the Intertubes starting next week. You may find the thread Here.

So for those if you in the waiting list, noaw is a chance! Or something. I think i might be a little drunk at the moment.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 09, 2009, 11:07:33 pm »

So, I'm definitely working all weekend and probably through until tuesday. I'll have a normal weekly schedule, hopefully soon, probably once the boss hires another person. I would be happy to do a session on days I work, but as I said, after work just wouldn't work unless the europe people were planning on pulling an all-nighter. I'd be willing to wake up at like 6:00 AM and do one before work one day, if that works for everyone else and usepay doesn't mind playing at 6:00 AM too, but that seems pretty unlikely to pan out as well. I'll do my best to figure out my days off as far in advance as I can, but I don't want to antagonize the boss over something like this so soon. There are sort of a million other unemployed people right now he could hire.

Doing my best here, I'd feel like a bit of a douchebag if this crapped out after one session.

Participate as a DM? Because I'm sure no one on the waiting list would complain about someone starting another game up. And I certainly wouldn't mind. Especially if we could somehow coordinate the availabilities and split it up in a way that makes planning sessions easy. Because right now, it was hard to get a session planned when I was always free, and the way it is now it's pretty much impossible.

The last resort will be rearranging the group based specifically on availabilities, so we can be guaranteed a session a week, but I really don't want to start cutting people out based on that. I would feel less bad if aforementioned second group for different availabilities existed, and we could just shift them to that before we get too far into this game.
Which day would be a 6:00 am one? Its actually not to bad for me, if its a tuesday or thursday I could do it. To put my schedual back out there
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone who is currently playing post your schedual again.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:31:25 pm by userpay »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2009, 11:41:55 pm »

Everyone who is currently playing post your schedual again.

Or don't, they're all recorded in the second post of this topic. No way I could organize this if they weren't already in one place. Unless they've changed.

Cthulhu, is your Tuesday class 7-9:15 PM or AM? Because if the class is PM, and Leafsnail can make it (his schedule implies he can't, but it's pretty vague), we could still swing it this Tuesday.

I think the other options would be to do it on weekends and skip userpay for two weeks, at which point he'll be able to make weekends (sorry userpay, everyone else is good on weekends, it's the most obvious change to make this work), or just wait it out until I'm sure of my schedule and see if it sorts itself out.

Thoughts guys?

EDIT : OR if Leafsnail and Rooster are willing to play in the middle of the night.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:44:33 pm by kinseti »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57