Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48733 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Almost made it to the dungeon...)
« Reply #525 on: October 07, 2009, 12:36:44 pm »

That java char-genner  ;D

If we needed an actual sheet for the sake of simplicity, none of us owned anything like Mythweaver's, so we just sort of listed them on a blank sheet of notebook paper.

And thanks for the info on the familar. Will add the rest of that stuff to my sheet.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 07, 2009, 02:34:26 pm »

We haven't done one issue still

(I bring it up cause it's so silent here)

We should pick up a party leader that does all the talking.
My heart almost stopped when Richard crossed the counter and cast that spell...
Also it would ease greatly our DM, cause we constanly try to do our actions simultaneously to others.

I vote Chaotic Josh for obvious reason of having the highest social skills

We should also discuss our basic formation. (we took 20 mins to figure that one out)

I think I should be in the front at all times ! Also a rectangle like formation will not work cause we're exposing our weakest party members to side attacks.
I think we should do a triangle. I'm in the front (1st row) obviously then our fighter and cleric
with wizards covering the back along with simo.

Like this :
Code: [Select]
  R S J
    E L
     G

Everyone agree?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 07, 2009, 03:03:04 pm »

This is the formation I think we should use, even though I don't really know much about formations:

ESJRL
  G

Squishy spellcasters in the center, and the guys with more HP covering the sides and powerhouse Gurk leading the party so he's able to close into any monsters we encounter asap. Provided we never pause for significant lengths of time or move backwards for any reason, I don't think monsters will ever be able to attack us directly from behind.

And yes, I think I should be the first person to try to talk to people, so we make good first impressions.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 07, 2009, 03:09:43 pm »

Works for me I suppose rooster, I was going for enson or gurk in the lead (mind you this is diagonal) a sort of box in the middle and either enson or gurk in the rear.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 07, 2009, 03:20:28 pm »

ESJRL
  G

Not bad. I even kinda like this formation.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 07, 2009, 03:46:31 pm »

I am a cleric, but I do seem to have quite a bit of HP compared to some other party members, as well as not too bad armour, so I suppose I can go on the edge.  Remember that my melee attack is d8-2 though...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »

I feel i should point out that it costs 100gp and takes 24 hours to acquire a familiar, so generally you don't have the resources to start with one unless the DM is feeling charitable and gives you one. Also note that Familiars are even more fragile than you (which is an impressive feat in and of itself) and there are huge-ass penalties for losing your familiar, so if you intend to use him to deliver touch spells in combat make sure you buff him good.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:10 pm »

To the guys who are DM's what is the roll for figuring out your health? I've used the char gen but I'm making another char for a different group and I relized I don't know the correct roll, the guys a lvl 3.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:52 pm »

I like josh's formation, as long as the dungeon does not allow for an uber attack directly from behind it should work marvelously when we enter tomorrow. Also, keep in mind that Richard gets a +3 to all Bluff checks, so if we need to lie keep in mind that he's particularly good at it. Also come to him for anything magical. ANYTHING. +7 in Spellcraft is a wondrous thing to behold.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 07, 2009, 05:25:01 pm »

To the guys who are DM's what is the roll for figuring out your health? I've used the char gen but I'm making another char for a different group and I relized I don't know the correct roll, the guys a lvl 3.

Your class will have a Hit Dice (it'll be a D4, D6, D8, D10 or D12 depending on class). Each level you get you roll the appropriate dice and add your constiution modifier (not the score, the modifier is the +1 you have for a 12 Constitution for example. If you have a negative modifier, you subtract it.) And add the final number to your HP. You always get at least 1 HP per level, so if you have a negative con modifier and the final result is below 1, you get 1.

You also get max HP for first level (So if i have a D10 HD, at first level my HP is 10+Con Modifier).

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 07, 2009, 05:38:19 pm »

Your class will have a Hit Dice (it'll be a D4, D6, D8, D10 or D12 depending on class). Each level you get you roll the appropriate dice and add your constiution modifier (not the score, the modifier is the +1 you have for a 12 Constitution for example. If you have a negative modifier, you subtract it.) And add the final number to your HP. You always get at least 1 HP per level, so if you have a negative con modifier and the final result is below 1, you get 1.

You also get max HP for first level (So if i have a D10 HD, at first level my HP is 10+Con Modifier).
So for a fighter I'd be rolling a d10 right? So in the case of a new lvl 3 it would be 10 + 2d10 + 3?.
edit: also I'm looking up some extra feats and I see some that say in prerequisets weapon focus (weapon) which I understand but what I don't understand is that some say Proficiency with (weapon). Does that mean just being able to use that weapon (like having martial weapon feat) or some specific feat for that weapon?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:57:00 pm by userpay »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 07, 2009, 07:01:02 pm »

So for a fighter I'd be rolling a d10 right? So in the case of a new lvl 3 it would be 10 + 2d10 + 3?.
edit: also I'm looking up some extra feats and I see some that say in prerequisets weapon focus (weapon) which I understand but what I don't understand is that some say Proficiency with (weapon). Does that mean just being able to use that weapon (like having martial weapon feat) or some specific feat for that weapon?
Proficiency with (weapon) means you have the <Simple, Martial, Exotic> Weapon Proficiency with the weapon. If you're a fighter, you are already proficient with Simple and Martial weapons, so you can get it unless you're using an Exotic weapon.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 07, 2009, 07:25:41 pm »

Proficiency with (weapon) means you have the <Simple, Martial, Exotic> Weapon Proficiency with the weapon. If you're a fighter, you are already proficient with Simple and Martial weapons, so you can get it unless you're using an Exotic weapon.
Okay cool, heh this is gonna be one badass warforged.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 07, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »

I like josh's formation, as long as the dungeon does not allow for an uber attack directly from behind it should work marvelously when we enter tomorrow. Also, keep in mind that Richard gets a +3 to all Bluff checks, so if we need to lie keep in mind that he's particularly good at it. Also come to him for anything magical. ANYTHING. +7 in Spellcraft is a wondrous thing to behold.

Simo's bluff bonus is +4 and he's not a creepy weirdo who casts hostile enchantments on people in public places, so I think he should be doing the lying instead of Richard.
Shoes...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2009, 08:36:37 pm »

You guys keep forgetting the fact that not only did I NOT get us killed by the bartender, I also creeped the hooded man into telling us about the fort, and then threatened a villager with a badger to tell us the exact location. I also have a donkey to put our loot on.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57