Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48858 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (TOOZDAI?)
« Reply #390 on: October 05, 2009, 09:21:59 pm »

I managed to connect using Chaoticjosh's specifications.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 05, 2009, 09:22:45 pm »

Why am I the only one on the waiting list to produce a proper character sheet, I feel so left out  :'(

Bawwwww.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 05, 2009, 09:24:56 pm »

Yeah, it turns out I don't have a router, so my technologically inferior computer can actually do what everyone else's can't. Go me.

I keep getting alot of Illegal pog transfers that are "aborted", which I'm assuming is Kinseti's work, and I'm probably messing up somewhere.

Anyway, a little tidbit when we were just screwing around in the practice session:

Rashilul: Stupid Bandit Jerk
Jack: RAPE!
Josh-dar the Awesome: Roll to avoid rape
Rashilul rolls d20: (d20) : [1] = 1
Josh-dar the Awesome: HA!
Rashilul: OH SHIT

Made me laugh.

Why am I the only one on the waiting list to produce a proper character sheet, I feel so left out  :'(

Bawwwww.

Don't whine, get to making one.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »

I just figure that I don't need to bother until the waiting list makes some sort of progress...

But I could try for something I suppose...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 05, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »

So then, if someone took the pog of my character portrait

and put it in their game it would appear normally online?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 05, 2009, 09:55:41 pm »

I keep getting alot of Illegal pog transfers that are "aborted", which I'm assuming is Kinseti's work, and I'm probably messing up somewhere.

I didn't load any pogs during the test-session, so it was probably someone doing something else.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 05, 2009, 10:34:51 pm »

If you're having trouble with Gametable you might want to try Maptool instead. www.rptools.net

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 06, 2009, 01:52:22 am »

Leafsnail! I forgot to say, I did your character sheet earlier this evening. I quickly picked a bunch of spells for you to have prepared the first day because I don't think you ever told me what you wanted. You can change those when/before we start if you want.
I also gave your character a holy symbol instead of a spell component pouch, because I don't think divine casters need one. I couldn't think of a good holy symbol for an atheist, so it's in the shape of a brain.

If you're having trouble with Gametable you might want to try Maptool instead. www.rptools.net

Yeah, so I hear. No way I'm switching the day before the first session, but I'll look into it for next time.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 06, 2009, 02:03:21 am »

Leafsnail! I forgot to say, I did your character sheet earlier this evening. I quickly picked a bunch of spells for you to have prepared the first day because I don't think you ever told me what you wanted. You can change those when/before we start if you want.
I also gave your character a holy symbol instead of a spell component pouch, because I don't think divine casters need one. I couldn't think of a good holy symbol for an atheist, so it's in the shape of a brain.
Divine spellcasters still do need spell component pouch. Especially since some good spells use it(Augury, Bless Water, Restoration, Raise Dead, Ressurrection)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 06, 2009, 02:30:48 am »

Divine spellcasters still do need spell component pouch. Especially since some good spells use it(Augury, Bless Water, Restoration, Raise Dead, Ressurrection)

Depends on the spell. if it has a F/DF or M/DF in as focus then Divine casters substitute spell components for their divine focus (Identify for example is free for Divine spellcasters, as they use their Holy Symbol as a focus, while Arcane spellcasters have to use a 100gp pearl that is used up during the spellcasting.)

Actually this is a good comparsion;

Identify has this for Components;

V, S, M/DF

Notice the M/DF, this means Arcane casters use a material (which is stated lower down) while Divine casters use their Divine Focus, this is why Identify is free for Divine casters (also note that the material component for Identify is called 'Arcane Material Component'.)

Raise dead on the other hand, has this;

V, S, M, DF

Notice that it's M, DF. This means that it requires both the materials (5,000 gp worth of diamonds) and a Divine Focus if you're a Divine caster. You don't need the Divine Focus if you're an Arcane caster.

Finally, Spell Component Pouches are only for 'costless' components. For example Grease has the following component;

Material Component
A bit of pork rind or butter.

Note how no price is given for this component; this is the kind of component the Spell Component Pouch provides. If you don't have a pouch you'd actually have to find a piece of pork rind or butter to cast Grease, but with the pouch the entire process is handwaved and it's assumed that the pouch carries any and all relevant 'no cost' components.

Identify (which requires that 100gp pearl for Arcane casters) is entirely unaffected by having a Spell Component Pouch or not, as the component listed is 'priced' and therefore must be purchased seperately anyway.

So so long as he's not planning on casting any spells with required Material Focuses, he dosen't need a Spell Component Pouch. Same with Raise Dead, Ressurection, True Ressurection and Restoration (but not Greater or Lesser Restoration).

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 06, 2009, 06:30:26 am »

Nothing works
Somebody try mine.
Just in case shit happens I'll keep my computer on all time :D

IP 193.59.16.153
Port: The same as everybody 6812 (maybe the port is the problem?)
no password
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:34:01 am by Rooster »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 06, 2009, 09:48:40 am »

Nothing works
Somebody try mine.
Just in case shit happens I'll keep my computer on all time :D

IP 193.59.16.153
Port: The same as everybody 6812 (maybe the port is the problem?)
no password
Okay I got onto your but its freaking slow, big lag between typing and it being put up.
edit: better yet I've got maptool up from rptool site. I don't know what you'll need to connect so I'll just post the whole server info
name: b12
local address: 169.254.173.39
external address: 70.134.93.98
port: 51234
password should be dnd
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:07:15 am by userpay »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 06, 2009, 09:51:54 am »

But If I can make it work for everybody, even if slow, then this is the only choice we have now :(
I'll just see if it works for everybody

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 06, 2009, 10:04:22 am »

The spells look fine, I guess.  I don't need any cure spells, since I can just spontaneously cast those.  The only thing is that I'm not sure if I can cast "Doom" without needing Atonement - can I use it against an aggressive enemy without losing powers?  If not, I might switch it out for Sanctuary or Shield of Faith (although I don't have the Holy Parchment, I guess).
I won't need the spell component pouch for a while, I think (although there may be some that need it), and the holy symbol sounds fine.  I was trying to think of something that would convey independent mindedness, but a brain should do fine.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:52 am »

Leafsnail: You're an atheist! You don't need to atone to no one but yourself for breaking your own moral values  ::)

Kinseti: Please consider maptool. I don't know if it's as intuitive as gametable but I bet it will work better

EDIT:
Userpay: First IP: connection time out
             Second IP: Refuse to connect

I have bad luck with errors :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:26:32 am by Rooster »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57