Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48860 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (TOOZDAI?)
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2009, 07:44:36 pm »

Depends on how much of a dick the DM is.

Darkmantles can pop up in any cave, anywhere, so be careful of caves. They probably won't appear inside houses though, unless they're underground houses or the owner of the house has some very strange ideas.

Traps can appear anywhere, entirely dependant on the level of DMD (Dungeon Master Dickery)

Way to make me paranoid.

"NO! Why's there a fire trap on the Pub Entrance?!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2009, 07:48:46 pm »

Gah, I was planning to do a lot of preparation today, but I just got pulled away for 6 hours of absolute bullshit. There goes my free time for today >:(

I think we should establish early on--does the DM care if we work to the best of our abilities to play every moment for laughs, and destroy every piece of his drawn-from-the-heart plot?

No, I don't have a problem with a few curveballs and general hijinks, they're fun, but...

I don't think Kinseti's the type to try to railroad us.

I realize how annoying it is when a DM is trying to railroad the PCs. It is, however, just as annoying when a DM tosses out a couple plot hooks he's planned ahead for and the PCs go "Fuck that, let's start a fight with an important NPC and the run off into the wilderness!" or something. So yeah. It's a balance.

Unarmed Kobolds\Goblins and Small Monsterous Spiders are the standard fare for 1st level characters.

But they're so booooring. It's fun once or twice, but after a certain number of low-level games you just start off thinking, "so, kobold cave or goblin fort this time?", so I generally try pretty hard to not do that for the first adventure. Hope no one will be disappointed by that.

Kinseti said that RP actions, and doing clever things like sneaking about and avoiding conflict will also net us EXP.

Yeah, as long as you're working towards some sort of goal or RPing, I'll be handing out some non-combat exp. I'll also go a little easy with the encounters/traps for the first session so I don't accidentally one-hit-kill a newbie right away. I would feel a little bad if that happened. I'll do my best to keep the veterans interested too, I'll just be playing it by ear I guess.

We either create a free online forum with a chatroom for this, or just add everyone on msn. OOC chat is aways a must for those moments you can't just refrain yourself from saying OMGPWNT.

Is everyone OK with OOC and IC stuff in the gametable chat? The games I play usually have a decent amount of OOC discussion mixed in with the IC and I've never done this online, I figured it would be fine to just keep it all in gametable.

well i was told 1 pm my time so ill go by that, and does anyone have a server i can try to conenct to?
I'll host a server starting now for hopefully a couple hours for anybody who's nervous about getting gametable to work, although I may be AFK for a lot of the time.
Port : 6812
Password : dnd
IP : 96.54.19.144

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2009, 07:52:41 pm »

Server's not working for me.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:29 pm »

Me either

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2009, 08:10:45 pm »

I can't eitehr, someone else host.
hell try mine, ip:70.134.93.98 password dnd

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2009, 08:18:57 pm »

RAWR NOTHING WORKS FOR ME TODAY. I don't even know. Someone else can host if I can't get this shit to work.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »

RAWR NOTHING WORKS FOR ME TODAY. I don't even know. Someone else can host if I can't get this shit to work.
have ye tried mine?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:49 pm »

Yours didn't work either.  The ports are the problem, I'll try unblocking mine and see if I can host.

IP: 74.215.124.24
Pass: dnd
Port: 6812

Password is dnd, port is 6812
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:35:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2009, 08:38:54 pm »

Can't get in! What's a port?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2009, 08:43:26 pm »

Yeah, none of these have worked for me. Which is stupid, since the port's open and it worked the other day.

I honestly don't have a full enough understanding to define what a port is with confidence. But you got on before, didn't you josh? So it must be unblocked in your firewall.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2009, 08:46:44 pm »

The host is what matters.

If anyone here doesn't have a router, he can host and we're fine.  The router is what messes stuff up.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2009, 08:48:42 pm »

Let me try:

No password

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »

Damn! I have a router AND wireless internet! I'm not sure how that works, but it still means I can't do it. And kinseti I'm fine with OOC chat inside Gametable. That way when you post the logs for those who weren't there they can see the fun parts as well as what actually happen.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2009, 08:54:39 pm »

Let me try:

No password
I think i managed to join.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2009, 08:57:35 pm »

I failed. I enter, but it says "disconnected" at the bottom left.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57