Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48844 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (TOOZDAI?)
« Reply #345 on: October 05, 2009, 12:46:21 pm »

Yeah, we shouldn't make our rep terrible straight away.  We've already established that clerics suck at healing, so we don't want to get into random fights immediately.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2009, 12:49:46 pm »

Yes, earn a bad rep and Mycharacter will get in right away and earn us tons of gold!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 05, 2009, 01:15:36 pm »

Yes userpay, we're using gametable.

And yeah, making yourselves enemies of the state at level 1 is a good way to die. At level 1 a horse can kick your ass, city guards would just slice you in half.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2009, 01:19:43 pm »

You guys seem to think I'm all about mass murder and mayhem, and I must say I am offended. There is more tact and subtlety in my left hand than in most of your bodies! Why else do you think I chose Charm Person as one of my spells? Without minions a ruler has nothing, and with nothing a ruler is not a ruler. And I do plan to be a ruler, so I can guarantee that I will be weaving many threads for my inevitable takeover of the kingdom...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2009, 01:24:13 pm »

You guys seem to think I'm all about mass murder and mayhem, and I must say I am offended. There is more tact and subtlety in my left hand than in most of your bodies! Why else do you think I chose Charm Person as one of my spells? Without minions a ruler has nothing, and with nothing a ruler is not a ruler. And I do plan to be a ruler, so I can guarantee that I will be weaving many threads for my inevitable takeover of the kingdom...
You are based on Richard.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2009, 01:29:26 pm »

I don't think you will have enough charges of Charm Person to undermine the loyalty of every single person in a kingdom...

Especially since the spell only lasts for 1 hour per caster level, and the spell description specifically says that you can't make people harmful or suicidal things.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2009, 01:48:23 pm »

This is what I thought of Richard in the little bit I read of LFG:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StupidEvil

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

LFG seems to be more of a story + comedy then a gag comic. Also, YOU'VE DOOMED THE DND THREAD! HOW DO YOU EXPECT YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY NOW!?!?

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2009, 02:43:59 pm »

Umm so session is tommorow! yay I'm so excited.
Still worried thou about my gametable not working :( (not connecting properly)
We should also have a chat during the session outside of gametable for OOC talk and stuff

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2009, 02:56:18 pm »

Okay did a few more adjustments like to my age and adding a description. I also fixed another money issue where I forgot to add in the extra hammers after I had added and retotaled by invintory this morning. Backstory will be forthcomming and maybe some more character fluff on the sheet as well.
Edit: backstory up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit2: okay is there a server up I can connect to to test my gametable?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 03:06:50 pm by userpay »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2009, 03:04:18 pm »

There are easier ways to become a ruler.  Medieval kingdoms are usually feudal, and slaying some monstrosity or leading the king's army in battle is a great way to earn yourself a noble title, and the land/knights/peasants/castle that come with it.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2009, 03:07:51 pm »

We should also have a chat during the session outside of gametable for OOC talk and stuff

We either create a free online forum with a chatroom for this, or just add everyone on msn. OOC chat is aways a must for those moments you can't just refrain yourself from saying OMGPWNT.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2009, 03:57:11 pm »

This is what I thought of Richard in the little bit I read of LFG:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StupidEvil

Actually his character undergoes a lot of development.  He does care about his friends, particularly Cale, and goes out of his way to save them on multiple occasions. He even says (out of earshot from the other party members, of course) that the reason he follows Cale is that he gave him a purpose, something to do with himself besides maim and kill.

Not to mention he is now the master of Sooba, originally Cale's pet, and has a surprisingly deep friendship with a rabbit.

As for the spell, you yet again underestimate my plans. There is more to it than I will ever tell any of you...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2009, 04:08:26 pm »

We either create a free online forum with a chatroom for this, or just add everyone on msn. OOC chat is aways a must for those moments you can't just refrain yourself from saying OMGPWNT.
You can say that if you have a low INT score.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2009, 05:41:07 pm »

I think we should establish early on--does the DM care if we work to the best of our abilities to play every moment for laughs, and destroy every piece of his drawn-from-the-heart plot?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57