Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48821 times)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (TOOZDAI?)
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2009, 02:17:41 pm »

For the people complaining about alignment: the Good vs. Evil arc can truly be questionable ALWAYS. A thing is: people never commit their cause for "Evil", because what they are doing they think is Good. Likewise, is slaugtering creatures that you HAPPEN to wander into their home truly justified if they are "Evil"?
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2009, 02:20:03 pm »

Ok, I fixed everything according to your answers, and since I'm not sure where to put them my list of 1st level spells are listed in the Other Notes section.

Under spells per day, you should have have 3 level 0 spells and 1+1 Bonus 1st Level spells, not 4 and 3. The spells in your book go under Spells and Powers, the #Cast/Mem is for how many of each you've prepared for the day. You shouldn't need to put every level 0 spell in there, just the ones you want to prepare.

Actually, if you check my java char-gen on page 2, you'll see it gave me 4 level-0 and 3 level-1. Or is that for something else?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2009, 02:30:09 pm »

Can I change my familiar from a bat to a snake?

Sure, that's fine.

Actually, if you check my java char-gen on page 2, you'll see it gave me 4 level-0 and 3 level-1. Or is that for something else?

Oh, right, you get to memorize an extra spell of each level for being specialized in Necromancy, but they have to be Necromancy spells. Which two schools of magic did you give up for your specialization? I can't immediately find it on the sheet.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2009, 02:35:02 pm »

Can I change my familiar from a bat to a snake?

Sure, that's fine.

Oh, right, you get to memorize an extra spell of each level for being specialized in Necromancy, but they have to be Necromancy spells. Which two schools of magic did you give up for your specialization? I can't immediately find it on the sheet.

I noticed that problem as well. They were Illusion and Transmutation. Since we weren't using that supplement I put my specialization and prohibited schools in the traits/flaws section.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2009, 02:41:31 pm »

Alright, I suppose my spells will be:

0th Level:

Create Jelly
Mage Hand
Ray of Frost
1st level:
Magic Missile
Charm Person

Does that look good?

What's a 'focus' anyway?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2009, 02:55:06 pm »

For the people complaining about alignment: the Good vs. Evil arc can truly be questionable ALWAYS. A thing is: people never commit their cause for "Evil", because what they are doing they think is Good. Likewise, is slaugtering creatures that you HAPPEN to wander into their home truly justified if they are "Evil"?

The gods define what's good and evil. So if they say that killing evil creatures just because they're evil is good, then it's good. I'm not saying it's not stupid, I'm just saying how it is.

Also the initial argument came up because Leaf's backstory had clerics of Pelor apparently murdering those of different faiths (in the specific instance halfling worshippers of Yondalla). The point was that the act was evil, and something Pelorian clerics would literally not be able to perform without losing access to their powers, necessitating the Atonement spell.

Because Pelor just doesn't roll that way.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2009, 03:03:03 pm »

I noticed that problem as well. They were Illusion and Transmutation. Since we weren't using that supplement I put my specialization and prohibited schools in the traits/flaws section.

Alright, works for me. I assumed the traits/flaws were for RP style traits and flaws, like Cthulhu did for his character sheet. Doesn't really matter though.

Does that look good?

What's a 'focus' anyway?

Focus components are in your spell-pouch, they're just something to...focus on while you cast a spell. They're pretty ill-defined and unimportant, unless a spell lists a really expensive focus. And yeah, those spells should be useful.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2009, 04:00:20 pm »

One question: with the spell "message" I can whisper to things over long distances, and receive replies. Can I do this from a hiding place without giving myself away? And can my social abilities still work when using this spell?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2009, 04:10:12 pm »

Also the initial argument came up because Leaf's backstory had clerics of Pelor apparently murdering those of different faiths (in the specific instance halfling worshippers of Yondalla). The point was that the act was evil, and something Pelorian clerics would literally not be able to perform without losing access to their powers, necessitating the Atonement spell.
Not entirely.  Those were not clerics but an unruly mob of people blindly following the priest.  Since the priest didn't do anything bad himself (just cast healing and strength spells), he didn't lose his powers (since you're allowed to buff and heal people who are doing evil things, according to D&D rules :P).

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 04, 2009, 04:19:28 pm »

Oh. I thought they were all clerics.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »

Nah.  Clerics don't tend to club and stab people to death.

Anyway, he's more anti-organized religion than anti-gods.  Although he's sortof anti-god too for Pelor's non involvement in the affair.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:28 pm »

But it was night time! Of course Pelor wasn't involved!

(I'm kidding)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2009, 04:25:32 pm »

Heh, a god who couldn't help you when the sun doesn't shine wouldn't be very useful in Dungeons and Dragons.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »

Nah.  Clerics don't tend to club and stab people to death.

Anyway, he's more anti-organized religion than anti-gods.  Although he's sortof anti-god too for Pelor's non involvement in the affair.

Stay away if you an easily offended religious person. Like the half-dozen people who posted badly done video responses that missed the point.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 04, 2009, 04:35:51 pm »

THAT GUY

I like his voice, it's soothing.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57