Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48626 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 04:28:07 pm »

on Josh's character sheet he has too many diplomacy ranks, its a cross class skill so its impossible to have 4 ranks in it right now

He gets +2 from his feat.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:51 pm »

then it should say +2+2+2 not +2+4

also persuasiveness is only +2 to bluff and intimidate

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2009, 04:47:27 pm »

Ok, modified my Human Cleric a little to have more useful feats.  The cleric page on the D&D wiki was a bit confusing - what does it mean by storing spells?  Will I have to do much more than "Heal player x" to heal?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:12:34 pm by Leafsnail »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2009, 04:48:15 pm »

+2 comes from stats, anything beyond that is added into the calc as a single number, this being skill points and feats. That 4 represents the +2 from skill points and the +2 the feat gives.

@Leafsnail: Spellcasters in D&D get certain slots for different spell levels. You start with 3 (or 5, don't remember) slots for level 0 clerig spells of the domain you chose at level 1, 1 or 2 for level 1 spells too, don't remember quite well. When you level up, you gain more slots for spells.
You see, D&D has lots and lots of spells, but you can only cast those you pre-memorize, those slots represent the number of spells you can memorize of a certain level that you can memorize at a time. So you can't just cast all spells you know, just the ones you pre memorized. You also have a certain number of casts per day, if you have 3 for level 0 spells, this means you can cast each level 0 spell up to 3 times a day. Spells you put in your slots are automatically recharged after you finish resting or a day passes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:55:31 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2009, 04:53:30 pm »

How close are we to an actual game?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2009, 04:54:03 pm »

no it doesnt, go actually check his sheet. the total is 6= +2 +4 which isnt possible

hate to complain so much but it bothered me ><

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2009, 04:58:46 pm »

then it should say +2+2+2 not +2+4

also persuasiveness is only +2 to bluff and intimidate
+2 comes from stats, anything beyond that is added into the calc as a single number, this being skill points and feats. That 4 represents the +2 from skill points and the +2 the feat gives.

No, he's right, persuasive doesn't add to diplomacy. My bad. Josh must have checked the box beside Diplomacy and made it not-cross-class. No biggie though, we just change it to 2.

Leafsnail : Looks good. Stored spells...every day you have to prepare your spells by praying. So, say, at level one you prepare one casting of Light, Mending, Virtue, Cause Fear and Bless.  If you need to cast a healing spell, you can cast it instead of another spell of the same level. So you could cast Cure Light Wounds (level 1) whenever you want but you would lose your casting of Bless or Cause Fear (both level 1) for the day. Does that make sense?

How close are we to an actual game?

I'm working on it. I only volunteered like yesterday.  :P I've mostly figured out GameTable but I should draw maps and stuff before we start. I'll probably mostly end up winging it but I would like to be at least slightly prepared.  If the current players would like to speed it all up you can format your character sheets for me the way I did Roosters in the updated second post so I don't have to do them all, or at least the skills, so I can actually read them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:08:35 pm by kinseti »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2009, 05:04:11 pm »

Hey, I formatted it like that anyway.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2009, 05:04:48 pm »

Copy them onto Myth Weavers character sheets.  They're way better.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2009, 05:09:34 pm »

Ah, ok then.  So, at level 1, I can choose 3 non evil non chaotic spells to cast in the next day, in addition to a "good" type spell due to my domain (I think?  The table confuses me).  Due to the fact that I'm a "good" cleric, I can also change any of the spells I have charged into a Cure spell.  As far as I can tell, there's no penalty for doing this, so I may just pick a bunch of non cure spells every day and then change them into Cure spells when I need them (if this goes how I think it will, I'll probably need quite a few healing spells...).

EDIT: No, wait, I understand now.  I get 3 level 0 spells of my choice, 1 level 1 spell of my choice and 1 level one spell that's tied to my domains (I think I choose Healing and Good as my domains, so that should be fine).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:11:36 pm by Leafsnail »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2009, 05:13:18 pm »

Yeah, at level 1 I think you get 3 Level 0 spells, 1 Level 1, an additional Level 1 spell for high wisdom that I initially forgot about, and a Level 1 Domain spell. Any of these can be switched for healing except the Domain spells.

EDIT: Hah. Yes, you understand. But you also get an additional level 1 for high wisdom that I forgot about.

Copy them onto Myth Weavers character sheets.  They're way better.

But...but...I'd have to sign up :(! I'll check it out.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:15:08 pm by kinseti »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2009, 05:16:36 pm »

Since my domains are Good and Healing, I suppose that means I can pick spells from the list that are along those lines?  Can't see anywhere where the cleric spells are sorted by domains, but I should be able to guess.

And how does the Wisdom bonus works?  I guessed I might've got a bonus for having 16 wisdom, but does having higher wisdom levels get you more?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »

It takes less than a minute to sign up, and the sheets are identical to actual 3.5e character sheets.

These are your domains.

Good Domain
Granted Power
You cast good spells at +1 caster level.

Good Domain Spells
Protection from Evil: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
Aid: +1 on attack rolls, +1 on saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
Magic Circle against Evil: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
Holy Smite: Damages and blinds evil creatures.
Dispel Evil: +4 bonus against attacks by evil creatures.
Blade Barrier: Wall of blades deals 1d6/level damage.
Holy Word F: Kills, paralyzes, slows, or deafens nongood subjects.
Holy Aura: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against evil spells.
Summon Monster IX*: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
*Cast as a good spell only.

Healing Domain
Granted Power
You cast healing spells at +1 caster level.

Healing Domain Spells
Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +25) for many creatures.
Heal: Cures 10 points/level of damage, all diseases and mental conditions.
Regenerate: Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35).
Cure Critical Wounds, Mass: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +40) for many creatures.
Heal, Mass: As heal, but with several subjects.

The +1 caster level, of course, means that you'll be treated as a cleric of one level higher than your actually cleric level for the purpose of determining how powerful a spell is.  A level one healing cleric would heal 1d8+2 damage instead of 1d8+1 with cure light wounds.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:20:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2009, 05:19:23 pm »

Goddamnit I get ninja'd in this thread every time I post.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healing_domain
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Good_Domain

I can't seem to find this chart on the D&D wiki, but I think this is correct for bonus spells:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_modifier

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »

Ah, thanks very much.  Glad I picked Healing, that looks like the most useful domain to me, hehe.  Actually, since my wisdom is 14+2, according to the chart I get a bonus level 1, 2 and 3 spell.  Does this mean I'm allowed to pick a level 2 and a level 3 spell?  Seems like a silly question, but without the bonus I wouldn't be able to do level 2 or 3 spells at all...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:27:42 pm by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57