Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48589 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 08:57:59 am »

Hey people! Meet Gurk, a half-orc one quarter human one quarter dwarf barbarian! He loves booze!
(Read story, I think I finally made a climatic character)
I think I got pretty good rolls three good ones (17,15,15) and three bad ones wich I gave to stats I don't need anyway so yeah! I'll kick asses just to get my booze!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:01:52 am by Rooster »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 09:28:32 am »

Ya I'll work on tweaking my char thats on the front page a bit tonight after classes. With my currect schedual you might want to stick me in the waiting list and move someone else up so that I have a chance to watch and see how it works while I wait for my schedual to clear up a bit more.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 09:35:16 am »

Pick me! Pick me!
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 09:48:55 am »

I work best on a weekend. I'm on Eastern US time (Ohio).

Also, because people seem so determined to not have me be a Necromancer, and because Clerics seem like a pain in the ass to prepare spells with, I went with a simple Fighter.../Ranger.

Spoiler: ??? (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 09:51:04 am »

Two weapons, but not a ranger? Weird.

And we are going to need a healer.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2009, 10:04:22 am »

Plus, necromancers are done to death.  Every twelve year old who just found out about Dungeons and Dragons wants to make a Necromancer.  The only thing more cliche is a drow who lives among humans and is rebelling against his heritage.

Simo Goodman
M CN Human Rogue, Level 1, Init +3, HP 7/7, Speed 30 ft.
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +0, Base Attack Bonus 0  
  Short Sword -1 (1d6-1, 19-20 x2)
  Sling (20 Bullets) +3 (1d4-1, x2)
  Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 9, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 11, Cha 13
Condition None

There's my character.  The full sheet is at the link, and I have the pathguy version if you guys would rather I use that.

FFFFF JUST CLOSED IT WITHOUT SAVING NOW I HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER

Did it over, we're good now.

As for time available, this is my schedule

Monday-College from 5-8:50
Tuesday-College from 1-2:15 and 7-9:15
Wednesday-College from 7-8:50
Thursday-Same as Tuesday

Friday and the weekend I'm free, except today.  I have important business today.

All times are GMT-5
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:07:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2009, 12:48:58 pm »

Dakk joins! I aways wanted to make a dwarven monk guy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm availiable everyday from 9am to 4pm, and 70% of the time after 9pm.

EDIT: You know what, fuck that quarterstaff, i'm going unarmed like a true wisdom monk.
EDIT2: Added money info.
EDIT3: Fixed items.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:13:12 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2009, 01:16:45 pm »

So, it looks like...

userpay - Dwarf Fighter
Leafsnail - Dwarf Paladin
CJ1145 - Half-Elf Necromancer or Human Paladin or Half-Elf Fighter (???)
Rooster - Half-Orc Barbarian
Cthulhu - Human Rogue
chaoticjosh - may or may not actually want to play
-----
Dakk - Dwarf Monk
Akigagak - Human Fighter

You guys need some healin' for that tankin'. I'll get to updating the OP with availabilities and character sheets a bit later, I have to do some stuffs today.

I'm reserving half-orc barbarian. Just in case so there won't be a party of regular mercenaries

So...if you don't want to be mercenaries (which, I'll be honest, is my fallback when I can't think of something better), do you guys have another reasonable excuse for why you're traveling together? Prison escapees? Royal task force? Treasure hunters? Deserters? Something more interesting?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009, 01:35:56 pm »

Seriously, we don't need two fighters, a paladin, and a barbarian.  Someone needs to be a dedicated healer.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 01:37:58 pm »

And yes, Paladins are restricted from knowingly associating with Evil characters.

Also, if you really want to be a Negromancer, be a Cleric, not a Wizard. Wizards suck at Negromancery. (it's useful to them as a means to get bodies to perform menial tasks and whatnot if they're planning on setting up shop somewhere, and with the right multiclassing and prestige classing you can get a decent necrowizard going, but the Cleric is far superior in almost all respects.)

I can point you to some wonderful guides on how to be a Negromancer and not suck big hairy gorilla balls, as 3.5 seems to be very carefully crafted so as to provide the illusion of being able to be a competant Negromancer and contribute to the party without actually doing so. The designers were (and still are) very big on playing the good guys, and they never really liked giving people bad guy options (as shown by the fact that they generally suck.)

But Negromancery is hard, very hard, i highly reccomend that you do not persue that path until you've gotten a decent mastery of the system. If you're determined though, then know that Negrowizards are basically 'death dealers' in that they throw around lots of nasty death effects and debuffs, but don't expect to command an Undead Army. If you want an Undead Army, you're gonna hafta be a Cleric, at least to start with.

I'm not sure if this is a hilarious string of typos, or if there's such a thing as "Negromancy".

And yes, I'll play.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 01:44:25 pm »

Aye, so so many fighters, only one spellcaster, no priest, one rogue.

You guys better put CJ to watch that rogue closely. Also, its not impossible to play without a priest, its just easier. And I'm not a fighter, I'm a monk, its like, different!
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 01:47:13 pm »

So, it looks like...

userpay - Dwarf Fighter
Leafsnail - Dwarf Paladin
CJ1145 - Half-Elf Necromancer or Human Paladin or Half-Elf Fighter (???)
Rooster - Half-Orc Barbarian
Cthulhu - Human Rogue
chaoticjosh - may or may not actually want to play
-----
Dakk - Dwarf Monk
Akigagak - Human Fighter

You guys need some healin' for that tankin'. I'll get to updating the OP with availabilities and character sheets a bit later, I have to do some stuffs today.

I'm reserving half-orc barbarian. Just in case so there won't be a party of regular mercenaries

So...if you don't want to be mercenaries (which, I'll be honest, is my fallback when I can't think of something better), do you guys have another reasonable excuse for why you're traveling together? Prison escapees? Royal task force? Treasure hunters? Deserters? Something more interesting?

How about "You all meet in a tavern"?  ::)

But yeah, I've decided that I'm going to stick with that fighter I made. If it'll help you, I'll delete the other character sheets.

And if absolutely NOBODY wants to be a healer, I'll make a cleric on two conditions:

1. You all accept the fact that your healer is a newb whose only experience with alchemy and similar practices is watching Full Metal Alchemist.

2. You all accept the fact that your healer is as likely to save your life as fail to, and then re-animate your corpse to serve as his thrall.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »

In the future, when you say CJ, you're going to have to specify whether you mean CJ1145 or CJ (ChaoticJosh, my name abbreviated) in order to avoid confusion.

Can someone give me a little help in making my character sheet, or whatever it's called?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2009, 01:50:27 pm »

Josh, what do you need? There's a chargen in the first post.

@CJ1145 I'm fine with reanimated copses provided they don't take up a PC spot.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2009, 01:50:53 pm »

Use the character generator kinseti posted on the OP, helps alot. Use the item chart he als posted to asign items to your character, but remember you only have 25 gp to spend, check online for recommended character builds if you need.

Also, no one with huge intelligence, charisma or wisdom to watch the rogue, there goes all loot. There's my monk, but he's on the waiting list.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:54:46 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57