Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48572 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
D&D on the Interwebs
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »

D&D Session 4
Well fuck

So, what's going on here? A Dungeons and Dragons campaign using the 3.5e core rules, in a generic fantasy world, running on GameTable. That's about all there is to it right now.

If you want to be added to the waiting list just say so and you're on. I'm only letting in 6 PCs play at a time, but people drop out and characters die, so there's no harm getting your name on the list. Even though it's massive at this point.

Current Player List:
CJ1145
Leafsnail
Rooster
userpay
Dakk
Akigagak

Waiting List:
Emperor_Jonathan
Jervous
Gorjo MacGrymm
Muz
Jetsquirrel
theevilmonk
Rashilul
RAM
alfie275

Spoiler: PROTIPS (click to show/hide)

And I think that's about all the information required. I was just going to make a sample character sheet but I have to go so I'll do it later. Just make it legibly formatted. If you've never played before and you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:01:01 pm by kinseti »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:51:11 pm »

We're using the Myth Weavers character sheets, anybody who can make their sheet on there will make me happy and save me time.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Availabilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:11:49 pm by kinseti »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:01:57 pm »

Add this to protips. It lets the player link you what they got for their rolls.
Just in case someone doesn't want to use the chargenner. :\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:11:39 pm by Jack_Bread »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:15:00 pm »

Which char gen are we using anyway? I'm on west coast of USA so that puts me on pacific time I do believe,availibilitys a bit wonky but thursdays i have completely free, tuesdays are free cept for 10:40-12:00, mondays and wensdays won't be availible till 12:00, fridays not untill 7:30-8:00, and for the next 3 weekends (namely till after Oct 18th) I'm busy though I'd be on for a bit after 8:30 or so on those sundays (might have some time to play on Oct 10th since something different is going on). Char gen sheet pending.
edit: wait so we are using 4th edition rules? If we are we just might want to use the char builder from dnd insider
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/characterbuilder

Found that the 3.5 builder for the site you gave was further down the page, my bad. So I assume that 1, we can't do say a half fire or earth dwarf, and two we will buy the extra stuff in game so I only selected my weapon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:48:12 pm by userpay »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:03:25 am »

I'd join the waiting list, but I'm busy for the next 3 weeks, so maybe after then. Can I play as some mystery character who pops in every once in a while, instead of a party member? XD

I think there's been a D&D game on the B12 forums before which didn't work out. Let's hope this one does ;)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 12:13:08 am »

add me to the waiting list

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 12:14:44 am »

Add this to protips. It lets the player link you what they got for their rolls.
Just in case someone doesn't want to use the chargenner. :\

Oh, you don't need to use the chargenner I linked. Hell, you could roll it by hand if you want. Whatever way you do it though it pretty much has to be honour system :-\ You can reroll that one you linked as many times as you want too...

edit: wait so we are using 4th edition rules? If we are we just might want to use the char builder from dnd insider
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/characterbuilder

Found that the 3.5 builder for the site you gave was further down the page, my bad. So I assume that 1, we can't do say a half fire or earth dwarf, and two we will buy the extra stuff in game so I only selected my weapon.

Did I not say 3.5e in the OP? Gah, I was rushing it. No half-elementals or vampires or ghosts or any of those templates. I don't want to open that door. Regarding gear, you can buy your things before we start based on the prices listed in the link. I might start you guys in a small village where you can't buy much anyway.

I think there's been a D&D game on the B12 forums before which didn't work out. Let's hope this one does ;)

Yeah, Cthulhu had one, at the very least. Probably were other attempts. We'll see how this goes.

Waiting List + Muz and Jetsquirrel

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 12:22:33 am »

Okay so start estimating the stuff to buy using the insiders char builder then, got it.
edit: Just relized that I should have done a battleaxe instead of a handaxe, ah well I'll change it tommarrow.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:25:49 am by userpay »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 12:31:09 am »

I meant this link (and the armour one). But is the insiders char builder the official one? That should work too I guess, I don't know.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 01:20:16 am »

im always up for more dnd, what books are we allowed to use from? i can provide any books i use

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 03:51:32 am »

I'm reserving half-orc barbarian. Just in case so there won't be a party of regular mercenaries

IN case we're playing on gametable or any other NON-MSN (I don't use this and won't )
I'm in Poland europe. As I'm posting this it's 10:50
I'm availble on weekends and tuesdays from 12-24 my time.
We have to synchronise somehow

I'll generate the character a little bit later

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:49 am »

Ok, had a go at making a character.  Rolled like you said, with 3d6, but I'm 95% sure I got something else badly wrong (probably the equipment - I just sortof guessed for it.  Feel free to suggest changes if I've taken too much of it or buggered something else up).  Never mind, here's what I got.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:13 am »

I've got my perfect character up and ready to post, but before I do, I should ask: Does anyone here mind that my character's personality is based off Richard the Warlock from Looking For Group? As in, a Chaotic Evil character that enjoys wholesale slaughter more than any living being should?

If you'd prefer not to have him along for the ride, I can roll a better character.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 06:24:09 am »

Ok, had a go at making a character.  Rolled like you said, with 3d6, but I'm 95% sure I got something else badly wrong (probably the equipment - I just sortof guessed for it.  Feel free to suggest changes if I've taken too much of it or buggered something else up).  Never mind, here's what I got.

That's too bad about your 11 Wis though. You'll only get the first level Paladin spells (unless my memory of the rules is horrifyingly off.)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 06:27:45 am »

I've got my perfect character up and ready to post, but before I do, I should ask: Does anyone here mind that my character's personality is based off Richard the Warlock from Looking For Group? As in, a Chaotic Evil character that enjoys wholesale slaughter more than any living being should?

As long as the wholesale slaughter is not the party (/allies) then I reckon they'll accept you :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57