Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48622 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (in the dungeon)
« Reply #690 on: October 15, 2009, 09:30:40 pm »

This is why I'm wondering why the badger is not evil. Have you ever encountered a badger in the wild? Those things can mess you up!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 15, 2009, 09:54:37 pm »

The hypertext SRD has a bunch the summons already statted out with their templates applied, but the templates really are very similar so if Richard wants to summon fiendish badgers and celestial centipedes I really don't see it breaking the balance in any way.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:35 pm »

Considering the only noticable difference between Fiendish and Celestial is one gets Smite Good, the other; Smite Evil, they're pretty easily interchangible.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 16, 2009, 09:04:54 pm »

Alright, I was giving some thought to a Sunday (before work) session, but it seems not only will userpay be unable to make it, but it's the day josh leaves so we won't know at that point whether or not he'll be able to continue. So I'm thinking next Tuesday (Tues/Wed should be my regular days off, for a while at least), I'll know my days off for sure tomorrow after work and I'll figure out a session during the week immediately after I get home and we'll just hope Cthulhus internet holds up*, and then we can start weekend sessions following that. Dakk, be ready in case josh disappears over this weekend and has to drop out. So the tentative schedule for next week is:

Spoiler: Saturday (click to show/hide)

*how bad is your connection cthulhu? Is being gone for an hour going to be normal if we try week-day sessions? Because right now it's the only thing keeping us from playing twice a week.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:54:07 pm by kinseti »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 16, 2009, 09:08:56 pm »

This is good for me. Sunday is not, however, as I am currently in the other D&D Campaign as well, and I believe we have a session on that day.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:39 pm »

cthulhu I don't know what kind of internet you have but unless its satilight chances are it connects to phone line somewhere. Get a internet technision to your place asap and I bet you the wire that gets the internet from the phone line is corroded.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Tuesday)
« Reply #696 on: October 17, 2009, 07:26:37 pm »

It's not the internet, it's my laptop.  There's something wrong with the wireless card.

And no, that thing last time was the worst it's ever been.  I'm normally never off for more than a minute.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:28:25 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #697 on: October 17, 2009, 07:46:13 pm »

I played D&D today! I did neato things. It's sorta renewed my interest in DMing, specially the bit where I cast obscuring mist, our cleric blessed the water vapor, and it smited (smote?) some baddies with holy mist. I gotta get me a campaign and DM's handbook and stuff.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (I don't even know)
« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2009, 08:05:13 pm »

JOB RAEG. Explanation:

My boss is bad at planning things. Tuesday/Wednesday this week are cheques-from-the-government days (some indian thing and welfare) and therefore the busiest days of the month for a pawn shop and he was unable to tell me today if I'd have them off this week. He said he could figure it out by tomorrow morning though. So there may or may not be a change to the schedule I just set. I can't apologize about this enough guys, just bear with me here. Weekend sessions will be non-job-dependent and therefore regular starting next weekend, I'll do my best to figure out weekly sessions as soon as possible and get the bastard to commit to a schedule. There will still be a session this week, I just can't tell you when until tomorrow. Fuck. raeg.

I played D&D today! I did neato things. It's sorta renewed my interest in DMing, specially the bit where I cast obscuring mist, our cleric blessed the water vapor, and it smited (smote?) some baddies with holy mist. I gotta get me a campaign and DM's handbook and stuff.

That's pretty awesome though.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2009, 11:47:36 pm »

I just might have to steal that.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 18, 2009, 04:37:12 am »

Aren't you a warrior?

Reasonableman: I don't know what Kinseti thinks about this, but if you would help us as a DM assistant that would speed things up.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Wednesday Again! For Sure This Time!)
« Reply #701 on: October 18, 2009, 08:04:52 pm »

OK. Have Wednesday off, so same time as last week.

Spoiler: Wednesday (click to show/hide)

While I don't have a specific objection to that idea Rooster, I've also never done the co-DM thing and I don't really know how it would help with an online game. As I understand it the DM handles locations and NPCs while the assistant manages encounters or something? If RM wants to we can give it a shot, but hopefully we can get things going a bit faster this session regardless.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2009, 12:07:18 am »

I don't know how I could help, but supposing I don't get terribly busy for some weird reason or another, I'll poke around and see if I can't do something useful.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2009, 01:05:28 am »

Aren't you a warrior?

Reasonableman: I don't know what Kinseti thinks about this, but if you would help us as a DM assistant that would speed things up.
Well not for this game obviously. I tried applying for a game on myth weavers and eventually wasn't picked (there were alot of applicants, I even got special info from the DM for backround related stuff because I was going to use a warforged). I'm currently applying for another game that I think I'll get into (dead line appears to be tommarrow for apps and the max ammount of people possible hasn't been hit yet it looks like) and I'm using the same char with alterations. I posted the link earlier in the thread I think, its undergoing renovations to have it where it needs to be for the campain. Its about halfway done besides certain info from DM.
edit: err I meant I can't do it for this game at least.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:12:07 am by userpay »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 19, 2009, 05:13:40 pm »

Once I get more definite info on my schedule, I'll tell you if that works for me or not. College is sorta dominating my life at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57