Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48737 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (Almost made it to the dungeon...)
« Reply #495 on: October 06, 2009, 07:39:05 pm »

http://www.dndadventure.com/index.html
That's a good place for resources. I especially love the Tricks and Traps book in the Traps section.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 06, 2009, 08:24:05 pm »

Might as well throw it out there, but my original plan in the bar was actually to befriend the bartender with Charm Person, then give him a friendly pat on the bat with Fatigue Person, and convince him to go take a nap while I run the bar. I then proceed to rob him blind.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:00 pm »

Might as well throw it out there, but my original plan in the bar was actually to befriend the bartender with Charm Person, then give him a friendly pat on the bat with Fatigue Person, and convince him to go take a nap while I run the bar. I then proceed to rob him blind.

You DID get us free drinks (which didn't seem to benefit us that much really) and you THOROUGHLY creeped out that hooded stranger. Plus, you got us free directions from those commoners by threatening them with a badger.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 06, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...A hooded stranger?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 06, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »

No, he was too much of an asshole to be Strider. Strider was not an asshole, he was just flat-out awesome.

Also, I would like an honest opinion: Will Richard become grating? I mean, that's my goal to a certain extent, but I don't want to ruin the fun of everyone else just for my own amusement. Based on the first session do you think he'll be bearable, or should I tone it down a bit?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:06 pm »

You DID get us free drinks (which didn't seem to benefit us that much really) and you THOROUGHLY creeped out that hooded stranger. Plus, you got us free directions from those commoners by threatening them with a badger.

Actually, Cthulhu got the free drinks. He told the bartender if he started a tab he'd be able to pay him in a week, with a 19 or 20 on the bluff check. And the badger was completely unnecessary. The half-elf secret handshake was a nice touch though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...A hooded stranger?

Hey, you guys voted for generic fantasy world. Generic fantasy worlds have hooded strangers in taverns. It's a staple of the genre.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 06, 2009, 08:45:01 pm »

And the badger was completely unnecessary.

The best part? All I needed to do was grab a candle off the wall and I would have actually done it. Which reminds me, I'll need to borrow a candle before we head inside the dungeon.

And last question, I forget these things, but was my spellbook free? If so, I need to buy some more stuff.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2009, 08:45:49 pm »

No, he was too much of an asshole to be Strider. Strider was not an asshole, he was just flat-out awesome.

Also, I would like an honest opinion: Will Richard become grating? I mean, that's my goal to a certain extent, but I don't want to ruin the fun of everyone else just for my own amusement. Based on the first session do you think he'll be bearable, or should I tone it down a bit?
I don't know, Strider was a pretty big asshole in the tavern. A creepy one at that.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 06, 2009, 09:21:07 pm »

Wait. Candle? What? Candles summon badgers? That statement lost me.

Gah, I'm so disorganized. Yyyyyyes, I suppose the wizards spellbook being free would be fair, since it's basically a class requirement. I think when I decided the component pouches would be free we only had a sorcerer. But since you waited until the second session to ask you just get the gp, you can't go shopping in the forest. Also, I'm writing a note to myself to NOT FORGET that you have a donkey next session. I forgot about ThunderHoof in the chaos of getting everyone signed on and working properly.

Double-also, userpay, you told me to update your availability for Thursday but then I got sidetracked and forgot when you'd be busy. Could you remind me? Because thursday would be our shot if we were trying again this week.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 06, 2009, 09:28:30 pm »

Do I get to name my snake? I want to name him Jinglebells.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 06, 2009, 09:31:04 pm »

Jinglebells the trouser-snake?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:29 pm »

EXACTLY!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 06, 2009, 09:39:33 pm »

Thursday from about 12:30pm to 2:00pm or so.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 06, 2009, 09:45:34 pm »

EXACTLY!

I say sir, that is a fine name for a familiar.

Ah, I see. I just realized rooster wouldn't be available thursdays anyway. I guess we're stuck on Tuesdays until you can do weekends then.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 06, 2009, 10:02:10 pm »

EXACTLY!

I say sir, that is a fine name for a familiar.

Ah, I see. I just realized rooster wouldn't be available thursdays anyway. I guess we're stuck on Tuesdays until you can do weekends then.
I was gonna say, i mightof been able to skip this weeks meeting if i had to.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57