Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48815 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (TOOZDAI?)
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2009, 05:41:52 pm »

I don't think Kinseti's the type to try to railroad us.

Then again, I've never played a game with him.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2009, 05:48:31 pm »

Also, what time zone is forum time? I need something to compare it to, unless someone is willing to calculate for me when I'll need to be on for the session.

EDIT:Durp-de-durp-durp. It appears that it is, in fact, Eastern. But just to confirm, what does it say to someone besides a person in my timezone the time I posted?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:55:47 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2009, 05:48:40 pm »

There is something that we're quite good at, and that's derailing trains.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2009, 06:02:57 pm »

Alright, gametable seems easy and freeform and good.

Looking at everyones schedule, I think we can get the first session together Tuesday:
1:00 PM for userpay and I
4:00 PM for Cthulhu, CJ, and (I think) josh
9:00 PM for Leafsnail
10:00 PM for Rooster

Would this work for everyone? With my understanding of the schedule we could even give or take an hour, it just might be hard for me to get on right at noon, I have stuff that morning. So let me know if that works guys.

I'm Eastern Time zone too, so we're the same CJ. We're -5 GMT, so Userpay and Kinseti are -8 GMT, Leaf is 0 GMT, and Rooser is +1 GMT.

Do I have that right?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2009, 06:05:41 pm »

Yes, but what timezone does the forum go by?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 05, 2009, 06:09:46 pm »

I always assumed that it auto-adjusted to your computer's clock, since it's always in-synch with my time.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 05, 2009, 06:10:34 pm »

In that case, kinseti made a big boo-boo by saying 4:00 PM FORUM TIME

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 05, 2009, 06:44:31 pm »

well i was told 1 pm my time so ill go by that, and does anyone have a server i can try to conenct to?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »

*Facepalm*

Ignore my last two posts. God, I'm retarded.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2009, 07:05:54 pm »

I feel i should warn you; at level 1 a Housecat can be a serious threat. If you're a Wizard and you come up against a housecat, run, because it will win. If you're a fightery type (Melee Cleric, Barbarian, Fighter) then you'll probably come out on top. Anyone else is about 50/50.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2009, 07:16:57 pm »

I feel i should warn you; at level 1 a Housecat can be a serious threat. If you're a Wizard and you come up against a housecat, run, because it will win. If you're a fightery type (Melee Cleric, Barbarian, Fighter) then you'll probably come out on top. Anyone else is about 50/50.

Kinseti said that RP actions, and doing clever things like sneaking about and avoiding conflict will also net us EXP.

Neglecting that though, would you suggest we swat horse flies or something for experience?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 05, 2009, 07:19:14 pm »

Kinseti said that RP actions, and doing clever things like sneaking about and avoiding conflict will also net us EXP.

Neglecting that though, would you suggest we swat horse flies or something for experience?
Naw those horse flies would probably kill us to.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2009, 07:20:48 pm »

Unarmed Kobolds\Goblins and Small Monsterous Spiders are the standard fare for 1st level characters. Watch out for the Spiders (they do have venom, it's weak but dangerous), and if you get any bigger than Small then get the hell out. With the Kobolds and Goblins same thing; watch what they're wearing though. If one is wearing nice armor and wielding something more advanced than a pointy stick he probably has class levels and will whup your ass.

If you're feeling brave you can probably mob an Orc or two.

Oh, and if you end up indoors, keep an eye on the roof. There's a low level critter called a Darkmantle which is basically a flying carniverous stalagtite, while not particulary dangerous, they're difficult to spot and if one plops onto the head of a squishy the squishy is probably toast.

Also; always check for traps. Traps in 3.5 are usually 1hitkills or 1hitfuckyouups, you get one save, fail it and you're screwed (and possibly the entire party is screwed), so always check for traps. Cursed items are less likely unless the DM is a dick, but unfortunately there's nothing much you can do about cursed items anyway (the only surefire way to uncover curses is a high level spell you won't have for ages.)

Now that i think about it; it's like Nethack or Adventure Mode. Play low level DnD the same way you play Nethack or Adventure Mode at low levels. High level DnD is an entirely different ballgame, but you don't need to worry about that yet.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:24:35 pm by Neruz »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 05, 2009, 07:30:02 pm »

Can I trust that these "Dark Mantles" or traps won't appear in humdrum villages? Or just in places like caves or particularly hostile dwellings?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 05, 2009, 07:39:04 pm »

Depends on how much of a dick the DM is.

Darkmantles can pop up in any cave, anywhere, so be careful of caves. They probably won't appear inside houses though, unless they're underground houses or the owner of the house has some very strange ideas.

Traps can appear anywhere, entirely dependant on the level of DMD (Dungeon Master Dickery)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57