Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: D&D on the Interwebs  (Read 48794 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D on the Interwebs (TOOZDAI?)
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2009, 06:09:26 pm »

Is Ambidexterity not a feat anymore?

Do we just assume that everyone is right-handed unless otherwise specified?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »

Right, left, I'm pretty sure you can pick whichever you want.  Ambidexterity used to be (At least I think it did, was it like in my imagination or something?) a feat you could pick that improved your two-weapon fighting ability.

EDIT:  Alright, I see now.  Apparently it was rolled into Two Weapon Fighting.  Oh well, I'm not getting that until I have a higher attack bonus, which will have to wait until level 5 since I'm gonna get Weapon Finesse at 3.  Hurmph. 

Now what should I get?  Most of these feats are skill bonuses...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:16:07 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2009, 06:35:24 pm »

Odd, so rangers don't start with ambidexterity anymore?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2009, 07:04:25 pm »

I can't remember what it's called, but Richard is from a webcomic.  It's the one with the elf and Richard and maybe some goblins or something.  It's one of the few well-drawn humor webcomics I've seen.

Well, I read a little bit of Looking For Group, and for something that's supposed to be a humor comic, it's remarkably unfunny. It IS well-drawn though.

Will not be reading more.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2009, 07:24:56 pm »

I have one more question about game table : is there any way to view X/Y coordinates? I'm loading saved maps now and they're showing up waaay offscreen.

Another question: Will a person being targetted by the message spell KNOW that they're being targetted? Even if I don't say anything?

I don't think that's even specified anywhere, but I'd say no. My reasoning is since it's a transmutation spell it's physically affecting the sound waves and not the targets mind.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2009, 07:27:06 pm »

Question: Do I have to fill in my weapon details if I'm going unarmed?
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2009, 07:30:00 pm »

Yeah, put Unarmed Strike as your weapon.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2009, 07:42:15 pm »

Sheet updated:

Added weapon details.
Added total equipment weight.
Updated feats and special abilities.
Story updated.

[SIZE=+1]Lull[/SIZE][/URL]
Male Lawful Evil Dwarf Monk, Level 1, Init +2, HP 9/9, Speed 20ft
AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Unarmed Strike 0 (1d6, x2)
 (+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 9, Wis 18, Cha 8
Condition None
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:02:01 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2009, 08:49:37 pm »

Odd, so rangers don't start with ambidexterity anymore?

Rangers pick their combat style at level 2, they get Two-Weapon Fighting if they're going Melee, or Rapid Shot if they're going ranged.

First level characters are pretty useless; they're very fragile and often capable of 1-shotting level appropriate monsters while themselves getting 1 shotted in return. It's a very good idea to take Toughness at first level and retrain it out later, as well as to be very paranoid until you're level 3 or so and have enough HP to not die when a Goblin looks at you funny.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2009, 10:25:40 pm »

Yeah.  Richard Dawkins also reminds me of a CofE vicar, and he sortof sounds like one too, which is vaguely ironic.

Anyway, I'm sure me and Richard the Evil Fiend will get on just fine as long as he doesn't start torturing innocent things, or randomly purging people with fire.  If he does... well, there's not much I can do, other than whack him with a mace and lose my powahs.
Lawful good is very much like lawful Evil, you don't just randomly run around beating up Evil-doers it should be more of a methodical effort towards a purpose. I could see the LG putting up with the CE because they are working towards the same goal and the CE putting up with the LG because they are 'fun'.
I think that good and Evil have more to do with planes than gods. The alignments all have their own specific planes but the gods are subject to the same alignments that the characters are. Looking through spells with alignment descriptors can also be a good guideline...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2009, 11:45:42 pm »

Okay so clothing is assumed which means I can change my equipment set a bit, I'll fix that money thing tommarrow and work on my backstory as well. Also are we using the gametable thing we were discussing earlier to play?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2009, 12:08:04 am »

Yeah.  Richard Dawkins also reminds me of a CofE vicar, and he sortof sounds like one too, which is vaguely ironic.

Anyway, I'm sure me and Richard the Evil Fiend will get on just fine as long as he doesn't start torturing innocent things, or randomly purging people with fire.  If he does... well, there's not much I can do, other than whack him with a mace and lose my powahs.
Lawful good is very much like lawful Evil, you don't just randomly run around beating up Evil-doers it should be more of a methodical effort towards a purpose. I could see the LG putting up with the CE because they are working towards the same goal and the CE putting up with the LG because they are 'fun'.
I think that good and Evil have more to do with planes than gods. The alignments all have their own specific planes but the gods are subject to the same alignments that the characters are. Looking through spells with alignment descriptors can also be a good guideline...

Good and Evil are generally seen as levels of selfishness; a Good character will choose to help other people more often than not, even if it means disadvantaging himself personally and he gains nothing from doing so. An Evil character will generally not help people unless doing so nets him some sort of gain, and may even actively choose to harm people if doing so would benefit himself.

Law and Chaotic are basically levels of trustworthyness and orderliness. A Lawful character will follow the rules to the best of his ability and if he gives his word he will stick to it. Chaotic characters will do what they personally feel is the best choice, potentially disregarding rules if they feel those rules are worthless.

A Chaotic Evil character is therefore a character that is out for himself; he will do whatever he can to improve his own personal standing regardless of the wellfare and rules of others. He'll cheerfully break taboos and laws if doing so is advantageous.

There is an important difference between Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Retarded. A Chaotic Retarded character will go "LETS SLAUGHTER THE ENTIRE TOWN BECAUSE WE CAN! *Grin*" A Chaotic Evil character will go "I will kill these people if i have reason to."

Evil characters are also entirely capable of using more subtle means to get what they want; extortion, threats, intimidation, mind control. These are all tools of the Evil character, he doesn't have to run around killing everything because he's EVIL! RAWR!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2009, 09:04:42 am »

Damn it, stop revealing all the Evil trade secrets! You just listed almost half the ways I had planned to burn down the first town we entered!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2009, 09:16:53 am »

Don't walk into town and lob a fireball at the school, that sort of thing will ruin the parties reputation. What you need to do is to leave enough subtle hints and rumours that the town will choose to burn itself down as you leave, which is good because then nobody will notice when you start lobbing fireballs at the orphanage...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2009, 09:36:03 am »

Okay made some changes to what I'm carrying (added a few things and dropped the travelers set I had since clothing is assumed). I'll double check my new amount of money when I get back from classes and I'll work on my backstory while I'm in class. And noones answered my question on if were using the gametable thing (though I assume we are).
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57