Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Providing larger than 1x1 tomb for dwarf who didn't have tomb at time of death  (Read 546 times)

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to provide a larger than 1x1 tomb for a dwarf if he didn't have one at time of death? If a tomb is defined from a constructed unoccupied coffin, deceased dwarves are excluded from the list of dwarves when assigning it, and if "use for burial" is enabled on a constructed unoccupied coffin, a tomb cannot be defined from it once it has been occupied.

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've tried to find a way to do this myself, but can't. I'm sorry, but I don't think it can be done at all.

A handy hint, though: dwarves fill up available tombs in order of death. So, if 3 soapmakers died, then your champion, you could build three coffins anywhere, use them for burial and the soapmakers will fill them. The next coffin you use for burial will be used for the champion.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My workaround is just to construct the tomb, deconstruct the coffin that said dwarf was interred in, then construct a new coffin in the new tomb.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..

Since the dwarf is dead, they are unlikely to care about the room value of the tomb. Why is it important to have the tomb room designated as such? Does it influence relatives?
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sentimental value for a particularly epic death.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is not possible to assign anything to a dead dwarf, the game gives them a coffin, or removes all their room ownerships except the tomb, this bit can not be changed by the player for now.

As for reasons to give dwarves big tombs, when you have the economy, you can assign tombs as big as you want to them, and they will get a happy thought from it, and use it to store their stuff when they get kicked out of their room.

If it's about your own sentimental value for burying a good dwarf, place his coffin in a tomb, and control what your dwarves put in his tomb by garbage zones and dump designations on what you think he should be buried with.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.)