Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing Ramps / Hills  (Read 493 times)

DarkAvenger

• Bay Watcher
  • Greater Awesome
    • View Profile
Removing Ramps / Hills
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:16:47 am »

Hey guuys. I dunno what I'm doing wrong. I've been able to do this before but for some reason I just can't now

How do you remove the up ramps or hills. There is a designation to remove up ramps but I can't select the hills. It won't let me remove them

Im trying to remove some ramps that already started there when I started my fort. How do I do this?

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Ramps / Hills
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:28:37 am »

Under the (d)esignate menu there is a Remove Stairs/Ramps option (z?). Select this then designate all of your UP ramps to be removed (the designate won't work if you try to use it on down ramps). Your miners will come by and destroy the ramps eventually.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:21:40 am »

Also, ramps made out of soil may look the exact same shade of brown whether they're designated for removal or not. Rest assured, your miners will get around to them. That screwed me up for a while too.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

DarkAvenger

• Bay Watcher
  • Greater Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:45:59 am »

tfaal That was exactly my problem :)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 01:56:15 pm »

Also, ramps made out of soil may look the exact same shade of brown whether they're designated for removal or not.

And sandy loam and yellow sand look the same color as a designated tile that's about to be worked - flashes "yellow" - bonus.  :P