Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Sparkgear 6: I made the game too hard  (Read 55901 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear 6
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2009, 06:44:50 am »

barb has his ways but this time there hasn't been any damage which is wierd for barb

Because I haven't started yet.

NOW I'm starting.  ;D

oh gawd NOOOOOOO!
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2009, 12:58:42 pm »

Ye mortals may keep your worrying for another time. I'm rather short on time this day, so I will request the 23rd in order to give myself a later date in which to enact my plans. At this moment, I am simply creating the Royal Palace, in which the defenders of the fort may defend.

Working.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2009, 11:19:41 pm »

You do know your turn is over right?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2009, 11:50:20 pm »

Yeah, it turns out my save got messed up.

I was gonna totally surprise you with my [MISCHIEVOUS] creatures and a field of lever-controlled spikes over everything.

oh well. Onward! Make sure to survive until my next turn!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear 6 Besieged by SOF
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2009, 11:06:46 am »

No word from Metal Militia yet, and Barbarossa has no playable save. There are about six hours remaining in the turn and this thread is dangerously dull. I suggest that we do the following:
The remainder of MM's turn is up for grabs as a conditional mini-turn. As far as I'm concerned, just post here to make me know and start from Danarca's Oct 3 save, the last one posted. If MM fails to show up by 2200 GMT, or shows up and gives permission, I'm going to consider the turn canon and play from the save provided. Ask for extensions if you need them.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2009, 11:43:45 am »

I approve of the plan, although I wish I could take a mini-turn.   Damn you school!! Damn you to hell!!!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2009, 12:06:58 pm »

Yeah, sorry about being so inactive and stuff, mini turn sure.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:09:02 pm by Demonic Spoon »

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2009, 12:09:12 pm »

Do you take it, or do you just approve of the idea?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2009, 01:21:05 pm »

Approve

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »

Alright, I'm in.

21st-22nd Slate, 305
Lokum 'ACP' Avuzkubuk was laboring on yet another of his famous mechanisms when Danarca entered his workshop. "My time is up, you're next." he said quickly, overwhelmed with relief.
At the sound of the final word, Lokum grew pale. He let the pincers tumble out of his hand, dropping an impossibly thin stone gear into a congregation of its siblings. "I thought Barbarossa was next?" Lokum pushed the mechanism aside and pulled out a scrap of giant cave spider silk. The faded remains of a Goblin word adorned the edge of the scrap, where it ended in an elastic strip. More recent writing indicated that Lokum was to follow Barbarossa, as he had suspected. "He is next! Leave me alone!"
"Barbarossa excused himself, I'm sorry." Danarca failed to show sympathy, he was simply happy to be done with ruling Sparkgear. He wasn't cut out for that job, not that it made him unique. "It turns out that..."
"He bribed you, didn't he?" Lokum's terror briefly moved aside to make room for anger. "This is a solemn duty, not a petty chore! When the King hears about this, he'll have both of you hammered!"
"Barbarossa won't be running Sparkgears in the near future. The reasons are justified but confidential, and consider that spoken under oath. The only one facing a hammering is you, if you fail to follow the succession protocol." Danarca fired the words in quick succession, turned and started to leave.
"I'm not ready. There's still..." Lokum was grasping for straws, but he knew that he was done for. He's going to run this hornets' nest, if the burden doesn't turn him into a babbling maniac first.
"Take the rest of the day off and meet me first thing in the morning for the official transfer."
Lokum went back to his work, and then pushed it away, got up and went to prepare. He did this mainly by crying himself to sleep, waking up in the middle of the night and watching the sieging orcs camping outside the fortress. Eventually, the sun rose and a fresh, beaming Danarcas greeted him and lead him to the office. Danarca cheerfully went through the motions while Lokum followed numbly, as if he were outside his body, directing the actions of an unrelated dwarf.

That's it for now. I'll post an update with substance as soon as I figure out what to do next. Most of the trap designs I've used in the past relied on the enemy being slow enough to allow for a reasonable reaction time. This obviously isn't the case with the zero speed orcs.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2009, 08:58:19 pm »

Oh God. I just realized that my turn is rigth after Barbarossa the Seal God's.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2009, 11:02:40 pm »

Oh God. I just realized that my turn is right after Barbarossa the Seal God's.

Yay! New sig!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 01:05:19 am »

You should download the nerfed version of the game and set the speed at 700.
Zero speed orcs aren't fun >.>
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2009, 04:05:48 am »

I won't use the nerfed orcs. The speed doesn't make them impossible, it just requires different methods.
The method in this case is a pair of magma showers.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2009, 04:24:19 am »

O_o
You'd have to use automatic showers to get them, and that would WILL make your dwarves burn.
Which is Fun™.
DO IT
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24