Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Sparkgear 6: I made the game too hard  (Read 54812 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear 6
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009, 09:34:34 am »

hrmmm...   SOF?

Do we have sand?

If so, I can probably set us up an anti-everything defensive system.

Probably.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009, 09:35:30 am »

or make teh super mega nukey thingie sky cieling drop pods of magma ^_^
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 09:37:06 am »

Sadly no sand D: . We have plenty of magma safe rocks though so go crazy with those magma defences. And solarn, it's not about being fair, it's about being fun:P 

If you want to pussy out I guess I could mod SOF into harmless groundhogs...that breathe fire.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009, 09:38:43 am »

or in this case. FUN and MAGMA and DWARFS!!!!!!
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2009, 09:43:09 am »

Wait a sec, gormenghastian? You read those books as well solarn?

Solarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2009, 10:39:36 am »

Wait a sec, gormenghastian? You read those books as well solarn?
Once, a long time ago, at a friend's place (yes, I'm the kind of person who goes to visit a friend and then reads books for the entire time). I've been looking for them since, but Hungarian bookstores apparently don't carry them, since they've never been translated to Hungarian.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2009, 11:37:17 am »

Meh wanna join^^ Put me 21th

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2009, 01:45:46 pm »

DS--I suggest heavy, heavy nerfing of the SoF in the main save file.  I tried to fight those fuckers, and do it as fairly as possible....  but after several cycles of "boost dwarves/nerf SoF die almost instantly anyway/try again" cumulating in speed one dwarves (supposedly fire immune but they burned anyway so I don't think it took) fighting against size one, non-flying high-neg-damnblock SoF without fireballs and with all of the [NO_*] tags taken off and still dying miserably, I just modded the speeds until the dwarves were fast enough to patch the walls in time.

I don't usually (read: ever) mod the raws mid-game like that, but, srly, SoF civ with a progress trigger of one?  There's not much else a person can do, other than playing a rousing game of Turtle Fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2009, 01:55:00 pm »

Oh very well. I'll try, but I'm not sure which changes will take effect without regenning though.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2009, 02:01:13 pm »

Anything in the creature raw, nothing in the entity raw.  It may not be possible to mod their temperature info, but I think that only didn't work for me because they were already on the map.

My recommendations:  Take away flier, building destroyer, and maybe firebreath (but leave their innate temp), then make them as slow as possible.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:12:07 pm by nil »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2009, 02:10:14 pm »

Well, progress triggers in the entity raw can definitely be added after world gen to allow the civ to behave normally, so entity is not set in stone.

Not an expert enough modder to know what can be changed though.

Also, magma glass is like the heart and soul of DF...infinite resources and transparent towers that reach to the sky...or transparent spikes that impale nobles...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:15 pm »

Well, progress triggers in the entity raw can definitely be added after world gen to allow the civ to behave normally, so entity is not set in stone.
Nice, I did not know that.  In that case, my recommendation is to leave the creature raw as is and bump the progress trigger up to 4 or 5.  Let future generations prepare for the onslaught.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2009, 02:28:25 pm »

Well let's just try the nerfed SOF's first while I upload a normal one with nerfed progress triggers:

http://www.2shared.com/file/8184200/6fcdaa1d/SG_Dwarf_Fortress.html

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 03:00:06 pm »

Well let's just try the nerfed SOF's first while I upload a normal one with nerfed progress triggers:

http://www.2shared.com/file/8184200/6fcdaa1d/SG_Dwarf_Fortress.html
just out of curiosity why don't you use DFFD?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2009, 03:09:11 pm »

IT won't let me login anymore for some reason, also you can just change the progress triggers yourself until I upload a new file, going to sleep now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24