Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Sparkgear 6: I made the game too hard  (Read 55890 times)

n.dravid

• Bay Watcher
  • A Rabbit is Enraged!
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear 6: I made the game too hard
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2009, 02:36:16 pm »

Well Sparkgear continues. Currently trying to drain the corridor of death in order to get all the nice steel items out of it.

I have hearby named myself Sparkgear's Savior and my first order of business is reorganize the fort on martial lines. I've created two squads of axe-dwarves/mace-dwarves to complement the marksdwarves. All tantrumers have been drafted so that they can let out their aggression on our cursed enemies.

I sealed off the bottom-most access to the magma pipe. If it leaks it won't be a problem plus no more smoke driving the dwarves insane.

Speaking of enemies I am currently besieged by three squads of elven ambushers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They killed a wanderer out collecting who knows what. I've decided that they'll make good sparring practice for my recruits. If not, I can just flood the world with magma again.

n.dravid

• Bay Watcher
  • A Rabbit is Enraged!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2009, 08:13:49 pm »

Since I got my turn early I figure I'll finish it early.

To Report!

The surface tower has been roofed completely with a second level currently under construction above that. Obsidian farm is refilling, and death road is almost empty allowing for the retrieval of +steel+.

When I saw the first orcs saunter into our domain I promptly told the dungeon master to let loose our War Machine. The orcs zipped around like flies, trying to avoid the stream of magma that came pouring out of the earth. Despite their best efforts they were baked like *cat biscuits* while seeking refuge in the shadow of our walls.

For the first time in months I allowed civilians to leave the fort and retrieve bodies from the countryside. During this time some migrants arrived to bolster our ranks. The caravan arrived but it's wagons bypassed our inaccessible location. Two traders were trapped outside with the arrival of the humans, who shot them to pieces. One lone axedwarf charge the human forces. He was surrounded and annihilated.

Three human squads have made an encampment below our walls. They campfires burn amid the blackness of the night and they have cleverly camped far away from the War Machine. They are waiting patiently, waiting for an opening. For now we must outlast the siege. I have tried to continue the tower but have been stymied by lack of stone and foolish dwarves getting shot on the ramparts by human archers. Even now an armorer screams on a precipice, a bolt lodged in him. Despite my commands everyone is hell bent on saving him. I fear that we will collapse from within before the humans can finish us.

SAVE
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:15:40 pm by n.dravid »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2009, 11:50:23 pm »

See? It is possible!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2009, 01:10:16 am »

See? It is possible!
it doesn't count as success if you die to a tantrum spiral afterward.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2009, 04:13:17 am »

I have downloaded. Will begin playing after ensuring that my internet supplier will not back out on me in the next few days.

'Edit: The download still won't be done for another 10 minutes. I've never even heard of 2share...when that's done, I'll see who's still alive...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:24:07 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

KFJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2009, 05:47:04 am »

Eh, is it alright for me to play, if I have little to no experience in building a fort? (My first fort died of thirst, then in the second one, I used up all of the food for the drinks, starvation death to them  ::) And in the third fort, forgot cats, they all ate cockroaches, went mad, and killed each other.)

So, is it okay for me to play? :)

Oh! And Iceland is a GMT Country :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:48:42 am by KFJ »

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:21 am »

Yeah, it's perfectly okay to play Sparkgear, if you know what a lever does. For example, there's this lever which can flood the entire site with magma, so that's all about enemies that try to siege you. If you pull the wrong lever however, the fortress might collapse and I guess that's not the goal. There's plenty of food in Sparkgear. When I played I could have just forgotten the game running and nothing would have caused the collapse of the fortress, but that was SGIV. I was under a siege but because I didn't try to do anything breathtaking on my turn, I could just be amazed at how team work had caused such a dwarf fortress to exist. For example, there was a yellow magmasubmarine atop of the mountain. I could have put all the dwarves inside it and enceal it with magma or something.

http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-6864-sparkgear4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:20:37 am by ajar »
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

KFJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2009, 06:25:19 am »

Ah, I've never used levers, so I think I'll try to wait for SparkGear 7, and nab an early position there, for maximum ruination.

Just kidding, I won't install any levers in my turn :D

Oh, and are you still dorfing members? If so, could I be dwarfed?  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:31:43 am by KFJ »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2009, 06:33:28 am »

i was the brewer of the original 7 :D but i'm no doubt long dead. and so was spoon ark nahkh barb etc. all dead no doubt
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

KFJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:40 am »

It's that FUN?  :o

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2009, 06:44:36 am »

well if you call tantrum spirals zerg rushes against orcs magma flooding the world and melt the bridge that just so happens to be the only thing between your dwarfs and the sieges then yes. it's very very fun :D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

KFJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2009, 08:45:05 am »

The living:
Andy Warhol
rosedrake
Dravid the Savior
nil
fake Nil
David Leatherman
Ark Delgato

If you're not there you're dead.

I dwarfed KFJ as a cook, because he was the first dwarf I pressed "v" on. You didn't write anything more specific, so...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2009, 09:07:58 am »

i want the current mayor if un named and call them Skaltum II

if not then i'll take captain of the guard or the hammerer

KFJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2009, 09:24:29 am »

Oh sweet, being a cook is really safe.

Oh, wait, there is NOTHING safe about sparkgear.

NOTHING, I TELL YOU.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24