Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Fall Of Reme: of Politics, War, Religion, Commerce, Technology and Exploration.  (Read 10765 times)

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile

This game needs some finnish influences!

Name: Häkkäpeliitat

Religion: Anything really. Mostly they are Pagan though.

HQ: Äbo, local name Tyrky. A smallish city at the southwesternmost coast of Finränd, although in local terms its the huge center of commerce and life.

Influence: A respected body of mercenary troops in northlands and cossacks, somewhat known on more southern regions like Holy remen empire and gaulland.

Interests: Wealth through warfare! Independence for Finränd, or atleast, its rule in finrish hands.

Description  The Häkkäpeliitat is a mercenary company of finrish warriors and other fighting men, banded together into a mercenary company led by their illustrious general, Tårsti Teräskäsi. Although most of the Häkkäpeliittas are finrish pagans who worship Ukkö and chums, quite abit of them are also Luthianists.
As such, religion doesnt matter within the company. This carelessness of religion has also spawned a disregard of religion in the company, giving them a somewhat infamous reputation of looting churches during deployments. This has caused the most devout of Luthianists to steer clear from them, and as such, those luthianists within the company are more likely to be those who have been born to the faith.
Mostly the company has been employed by the ruler of northlands (who i assume is actually the ruler of the counterpart swedish kingdom) in minor and major skirmishes. They find quite abit of doing in their homeland, since Finränd has a bloody history of being a contested terroritory between cossacks, northlands and even some southern nations like Paland.
Tårsti Teräskäsi, the general and the former of the company, sees this as somewhat of an injustice. He firmly believes that since the blood of finrish has flown quite freely in defence of northlands, they should have atleast some form of indepency. With Tårsti at the lead, naturally.
So far the rule of Finränd has been in the hands of the bishop of Äbo, but at these trying times as the unifist church is failing, the authority of the bishop is failing too. A true opportunity for Tårsti and his good fellows, an opportunity they are ready to seize.

(Finland was not really a very paganist nation anymore at that time, but since norse paganism seems to have a quite good foothold still too, i assume that in this history, finland is still mostly paganistic, with the people taking unifist church more as an authority than religion)

¤might be a subject to editing¤
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:25:45 am by Nhiphanter »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's not too late to join.

Spies and intrigue!

I hope I haven't forgotten anything important
Nope! This is a-ok!

Quote from: NUKE9.13
Thingies

Right, I see. I figured the rules were a bit more concrete, but this probably works better.

Stuff
Glad we cleared that up! This is fine!

This game needs some finnish influences!
Finnish Stuff
(Finland was not really a very paganist nation anymore at that time, but since norse paganism seems to have a quite good foothold still too, i assume that in this history, finland is still mostly paganistic, with the people taking unifist church more as an authority than religion)
All fine!

Ok then! Last chance to join if you want to participate in turn one! Tomorrow the game will begin!
Long Live United Forenia!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Sorry, but as indicated in my topic in GD I won't be here for next week.  :(
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is a shame!
But it is ok you can just play the second turn and say that you were all too busy dealing with personal issues to meet!
That is totally ok!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is now tuesday! Will you start sending us our assets and stuff soon? Good!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

ehm... il start with playing i think

I want to split my musketeers and add them to the other army
after that attack some weak nearby country

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ehm... il start with playing i think

I want to split my musketeers and add them to the other army
after that attack some weak nearby country
There is another thread for playing!
Also please please please roleplay? And attacking a country at random, I'm afraid, is something that would force me to intervene and override your actions :[

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, it started!
Now, the RP'ing...

EDIT: Bah. I don't have time to make the post right now. I'll do it tomorrow. Atleast I already know what I'm going to do.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 01:07:18 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Where does my king live?) A young guy runs up to lord (dunno),"Milord! what are your actions? or your plans? he king stood up and thought something, He said "Boy, of what does our army consist off?"The boy said it and the king said then"Hmmm.... interesting ,we cant conquer yet because we need to know our neighbourers cities and so on. I suggest that we explore south.""Which troops are you gonna choose?""Pick 100 men 50 swordsmen,and 50 musketeers""Yes milord,any other commands?" The king was thinkign again "Yes, i demand that they design new kind of ships that are fast and can carry much cannons""Yes,milord" The guy ran out of the room to the 2 couriers gave them a piece of paper with the commands and they quickly ran to the commanders\
is this fine?
This is sort of ok! Some points:
-You choose where the king lives.
-His name is Richard II
-Grammar and structure please? Like this:
(Where does my king live?) A young guy runs up to lord (dunno).
"Milord! what are your actions? or your plans?"
The king stood up and thought something. He said: "Boy, of what does our army consist?"
The boy said it, and the king said "Hmmm.... interesting, we cant conquer yet because we need to know our neighbourers cities and so on. I suggest that we explore south."
"Which troops are you gonna choose?"
"Pick 100 men 50 swordsmen,and 50 musketeers"
"Yes milord,any other commands?" The king was thinking again. "Yes, I demand that they design new kind of ships that are fast and can carry much cannons"
"Yes,milord"
The guy ran out of the room to the 2 couriers gave them a piece of paper with the commands and they quickly ran to the commanders

Much easier to read!
-You have been neighbours of all your neighbours for at least a few hundred years. The ins and outs of international politics and geography are known to you
-Which of those are minor actions? Once you have described what is happening you can give a summary.
-It's a bit short! Take your time, turns will take probably a week each or so! Think carefully what you are going to do, then write about it, spellcheck it, check it for errors, and then post it. It will make me like you!
-I guess you are not a native englishman! That is ok, I do not have crazy high standards, but do try to go over your post and see if it sounds englishish!

Yay, it started!
Now, the RP'ing...

EDIT: Bah. I don't have time to make the post right now. I'll do it tomorrow. Atleast I already know what I'm going to do.
Take your time, Digital!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

righto
and yes im not english :P
but polish

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game begins!
Some notes on the game so far:
EJ: That is some fine roleplaying there. I guess that getting some funds for a big expedition is your major action. If you want you can still do two minor ones, though!
Katsuun: Awesomesauce! Nothing wrong with this turn at all!
Barbarossa: Murder? Oh noes! But if there is going to be mysterious murder I am going to have to ask that you tell me what happened and why and what the solution is! Also you can say a bit more about how you are going to solve the murder, maybe.
Also 1)The king of Gaulland is called Philips and 2)I can't let you murder the king of gaulland! Not for a whim, anyway! Kings are well protected and them getting murdered is serious business indeed!
Digital Hellhound: Cool! Same as EJ, kind of. Your major action I get but you can also do minor ones if you want!
Istrian: Woo! Only... no major action?

Non-player Organisation!
Name: The Fuhtiatic League
Interests: Trade and growth.
Influence: High in all lands around the baltic sea, and medium down the north sea coast of the Holy Remen Empire.
Description: The Fuhtiatic League was founded in the 14th century but it traces its roots since major trade first occurred in the baltic. Most towns around the baltic are 'Fuhsa towns', and contains an office of the Fuhtiatic League. The swampy western coast of the HRE too is home to many Fuhsa Towns. The Fuhtiatic League provides the benchmark for trade in the area, controlling the prices of many goods, backing the currency, and providing standardised weights. In recent times the Fuhtiatic League has been losing power as piracy has all but been eradicated; the military protection they offer their members is nigh unnecessary. But with the fall of Reme they see an opportunity, to increase their power, and perhaps expand their influence south, into Gaulland, or west into Celtice.
(You can claim this organisation for yourself, potential new player! This turn at least I will control it, however)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, added a sentence. Minor action being attempting to take the pagans by surprise, so Stealth/Military otherwise I guess. But eh, can't really think of a minor action for this  turn, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 07:58:31 am by Digital Hellhound »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Ok, just reporting that I finally edited my post!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Too late to join?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5