Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Turnabout is fair play (HFS SPOILERS)  (Read 3736 times)

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turnabout is fair play (HFS SPOILERS)
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 10:56:27 am »

Also, could we refrain from using that phrase? It's such an idiotic thing to say.

Pics or it didn't happen? How is that an idiotic thing to say? In case you haven't noticed, people lie. Especially on the internet. So unless there's a picture of it happening, it is always best to assume it did not happen. I, personally, never believe anything unless empirically proven.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 12:49:05 pm »

Also, could we refrain from using that phrase? It's such an idiotic thing to say.

Pics or it didn't happen? How is that an idiotic thing to say? In case you haven't noticed, people lie. Especially on the internet. So unless there's a picture of it happening, it is always best to assume it did not happen. I, personally, never believe anything unless empirically proven.

I don't believe you. Prove it.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 01:37:10 pm »

But oh well, you chose a shitty harp.

I'll thank you to keep those sorts of comments to yourself. You had your chance to make a suggestion earlier, and I was getting impatient from not being able to actually play my fortress.
How is a harp better than a bag? Granted, the fact that bags can be built is not that well-known, but you knew it, so why did you choose a harp?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:57 pm »

Because leather bags are normal, and leather instruments are unique in that they can only be produced by strange moods.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 02:58:25 pm »

Sooo, make a one-tile stockpile in your main dining room, set to only allow artifact harps. Then, pretend some dwarf plays it to bathe the diners in beautiful music.
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 03:05:11 pm »

But oh well, you chose a shitty harp.

I'll thank you to keep those sorts of comments to yourself. You had your chance to make a suggestion earlier, and I was getting impatient from not being able to actually play my fortress.
How is a harp better than a bag? Granted, the fact that bags can be built is not that well-known, but you knew it, so why did you choose a harp?

A harp made of elf leather! Stiffened, creased, and very carefully cut. It's song is the song of tortured elves.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 03:27:32 pm »

Made of elf leather and menacing with SPIKES of human leather.

I think the harp is great.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 07:05:52 pm »

A harp is awesome to make from this!  Why?  Because in folk songs and myth harps made from body parts are a common theme.  Generally the spirit of whoever died makes the harp play itself.  For example, this bit of the song "The Bonny Swans," about a harper who makes a harp from a drowned corpse he finds.

"He made harp pins of her fingers fair,
He made harp strings of her golden hair,
He made a harp of her breast bone,
And straight it began to play alone"

This sort of thing would be a good addition to the magic arc
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:10:35 pm by atomfullerene »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 07:37:48 pm »

A harp is awesome to make from this!  Why?  Because in folk songs and myth harps made from body parts are a common theme.  Generally the spirit of whoever died makes the harp play itself.

Feh, this just means that the harp'll play some sissy song about being kind to plants and such...

Syff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 08:03:31 pm »

A harp is awesome to make from this!  Why?  Because in folk songs and myth harps made from body parts are a common theme.  Generally the spirit of whoever died makes the harp play itself.

Feh, this just means that the harp'll play some sissy song about being kind to plants and such...

Also known as dwarven stand-up comedy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]