Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mixed-Race Migrants?  (Read 1943 times)

TatersAndTots

• Bay Watcher
  • Doo dee doo
    • View Profile
Mixed-Race Migrants?
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:23:37 pm »

Is there any way I can have more than dwarves appear in a migrant wave?

You see, I genned a world with no dwarves, and not much humans or elves. Orcs EVERYWHERE. I wanna do a succession/community fort with an alliance between the surviving 'good' races. Can anyone help me?
Aren't Rhesus Macaques actually whales?
They're actually a special ore. Instead of being mined, they're hunted from between the trees and instead of producing metal, they produce food: rhesus pieces.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mixed-Race Migrants?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 05:10:29 pm »

By mixed race, do you mean something like half human half elf, or half dwarf half orc? Not until genetics gets in.....

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »

I think he means migrants who are elves and drwarves and humans. No there isn't yet.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:14:48 pm »

I vaguely remember that if you have CIV_CONTROLLABLE on more than one entity, than the races of those entities will all exist within your fortress.

I don't have time to check it though, and I'm not sure that was true. But you can try!

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 08:42:53 pm »

I vaguely remember that if you have CIV_CONTROLLABLE on more than one entity, than the races of those entities will all exist within your fortress.

I don't have time to check it though, and I'm not sure that was true. But you can try!

Pretty sure that isn't true.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Phelix

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining is Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:38:40 pm »

Its a cool idea, I would like too try it out
"An Ambush! Curse them!"

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 03:02:19 am »

Make your civ tagged by [BABYSNATCHER] ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

GD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 03:43:01 am »

You can add civ_controllable to humans and elves
1)start fortress with humans race
2)abandon
3)start adventure mode with play now! adventurer (you start at fortress and all humans still here)
4)give in to starvation
5)Reclaim with elves
6)abandon
n)Reclaim with final race
This metod allow to have creatures of different races in one fortress, they will be friendly, but not controllable.

Another way is to bring elves and humans like pets.

Or you can just start in human town.

Ps as i remember [BABYSNATCHER] don't help with migrants, they always from main race. But if you tag  humans  with this, you can create dwarf fortress in human town with humans and elves.

Pps if you want to play with mixed race you can use some utilities that can transform creatures

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:14:32 am »

I tried it and failed (in some way). This way you won't be at war with goblins, but have NO TRADE with them. It's not funny to have no enemies, however if you make goblins [CAN_CIV][CAN_LEARN] instead of intelligent (without CAN_SPEAK token) this may return the war status.

Also I saw a few people reporting a gremlin immigrant, and I think I had one once (long time ago, so I am not sure), so there may be some bugs which allow it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 04:30:49 am »

Citizens from other races cannot be assigned tasks, and cannot eat or drink.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 05:39:42 am »

I tried it and failed (in some way). This way you won't be at war with goblins, but have NO TRADE with them. It's not funny to have no enemies, however if you make goblins [CAN_CIV][CAN_LEARN] instead of intelligent (without CAN_SPEAK token) this may return the war status.
Haha. There's modding forum, so if you don't mind to change your civ, why don't you change other civs and add some enemies?

I had already posted this picture in population cap topic, but i think its the moment to repeat it here:
Finis sanctificat media.