Poll

Community fort or succession fort?

Community
- 17 (54.8%)
Succession
- 14 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Ork World Fortress: Orc Camp Capers.  (Read 9415 times)

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ork World Fortress: RECLAIM TIME! 41 vacancies! OH HELL!
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2009, 07:00:27 pm »

dont worry i am by your side most likely jervous :D

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:04 pm »

Sitting in a tree, Cazador signaled to Reasonableman

'Are you sure this will work?'

'No,' Came the reply 'but do you want to try to fight in a melee?'

'No.'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'So, what happened to the sentries, Bob?' Asked Mangua.

'They're in that bush,' he said, pointing 'Stupid things weren't wearing helmets, so we jumped 'em.'

'You know it's time to return to camp?'

'To see if any one has found a way in?'

'Yeah, get your dwarves.'

Bob turned round, and whistled a birdcall. Two dwarves emerged out of the brush. 'Come on guys, we've got a meeting to get too.

'Yessir!' Snapped Macgyver and Hetros.

About Macgyver, ND, do you want him to be like the real Macgyver?
'Professional' in mechanics, most of the military skills, carpentry, masonry, etc?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2009, 05:49:20 pm »

Get that dwarf a pen, a rubber band, and three quarters STAT!
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2009, 06:16:23 pm »

Whee!! :)
I'm no longer alone in my axe squad!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2009, 07:09:37 pm »

[quote author=Akigagak link=topic=42533.msg822500#msg822500
About Macgyver, ND, do you want him to be like the real Macgyver?
'Professional' in mechanics, most of the military skills, carpentry, masonry, etc?
[/quote]
sure,that sounds pretty good. what with there being alot to do in the story he would no doubt be useful.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2009, 12:16:34 am »

Yeah, Jervous.  Don't worry.  I'm riiiight behind ya.  And I'm the greatest swordsman in the world.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2009, 11:14:46 am »

Can I have a crossbowdwarf?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2009, 11:47:25 am »

Sure, why not?
Shymyro and the rest of his patrol had managed to get right behind the short creatures, he could almost touch them with his hand, they were easily within reach of his axe. Had he been a smarter orc, he would have realized how strange this was, but he had been promoted out of sheer physical strength. The other two members of his patrol were a tiny bit smarter, but even they didn't detect a trap.

Until iron bolts pierced their skulls, but by then it was too late.
Cazador's shot hadn't anticipated Shymyros' swing at the dummy's head, however, so it took him in the right shoulder instead. Shymyro spun round, almost tripped over the dummy's head, then got one of Funk's bolts through the chest and into his heart. That didn't stop him, though, it took Resonableman's second shot to bring him to the ground, and Cazadors' to kill him.

'I wasn't expecting that, this one was tough.' muttered Cazador.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Ork World Fortress: Orc Camp Capers.
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2009, 11:10:25 am »

Can I get a hammer or axedwarf? This is a fun read. It would be nice if he knew something about animal dissecting.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2009, 01:06:43 pm »

Okay, and that's it for now, no more request for dwarves until we're done here.

Speaking of:

It seemed to the slaves, the orcs, and the free dwarves outside the walls of the camp, that dusk came and went extremely quickly.
The free dwarves met, discussed their findings, and decided on a plan.
One group of Axedwarves, led by Bob, and the two groups of Marksdwarves, led by Cazador and Wok, would cause a distraction, leading the orcs into the woods, killing as many as they could. While this was going on, the rest of the dwarves would go in through a tunnel that would be dug under the repaired bit of wall. This group would then do two things: Try to find and free the slaves, arming them if possible, and finding out what the new orcs were doing at this camp.
They also decided to move that night, as the orcs would notice the missing sentries.

The slaves did what they normally did, which was sit and wait for death.

Ginji was less well off. It seemed the orcs had wanted her specifically, so she had been seperated from the rest of the slaves, and put in a cage on the back of an orcs mount. The orcs took every avalible oppertunity to harras her, telling her of dwarves, elves and humans they had killed, how they would kill her (slowly, painfully, the usual) and that they might decide to keep her alive, but crippled. But it was during this that she learned of Feshfikod, an attempt to build a new fort, but one that had gone so badly wrong that it had died before the orcs had even found it. It was far to the north, they said, and it proved that dwaves were not fit for this world.
Spoiler: tl,dr (click to show/hide)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:07 pm »

YARRR!! There's Orks to be skinned tonight!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2009, 04:49:50 pm »

Blood for the blood god!  Skulls for the thr...

Oops.

Wrong orks.

For Armok, mom, and +kitten biscuits+!
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2009, 01:14:15 pm »

As the dwarves moved in to position, the orcs realized that none of their sentries had came back. This wasn't that unusual, as orcs were easily distracted, often running off to hunt some animal, or simply forgetting that they had to come back at dusk, and continuing to walk round the camp until they got hungry.

So the orcs didn't suspect anything was a miss until iron bolts started slamming into the camp, coming from the north-east. The alarm was raised, the slaves were hidden, and the warriors gathered the weapons, with leaders shouting orders and questions at one another.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
During attacks, an orc was placed in the slave tent, to discourage any attempt to flee. Most of the slaves were eying it warily, except for Jervous, Lyrax, and Ascubis, all of whom were watching his weapons, waiting for it to be distracted by something outside...

'Now!' shouted Lyrax, throwing a rock at the orcs' head, then moving to one side, so that the orc couldn't see Jervous and Ascubis coming up behind...

Woo updates.

Comment more, people, I need criticism!

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2009, 01:18:39 pm »

lol still good. what weapon did he have? if a sword i want it :P.  u could have described it alittle better. u could have told how many orcs were hit/killed in the initial rain of bolts. and tell of how they scrambled to get into attack positions.. like i said still good :)

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2009, 11:46:01 am »

Awesome!

It's a little on the 'disjointed' side and I'm not always sure who your pronouns refer to but the story is good.  Also, I'm pretty sure my character is supposed to be 'Mad Mardigan' and not 'Lyrax'.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9