Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Fishercrypts: Succession Game  (Read 13257 times)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
Re: Fishercrypts: Succession Game
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2009, 05:06:11 pm »

Also, can you please export ALL the layers. (except for the pointless underground and waaaay in the air ones.) I like seeing the top of the hills, and stuff like that.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2009, 05:12:50 pm »

Not to mention the multi story buildings.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2009, 05:13:42 pm »

Yah. Like that ligthouse.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2009, 05:17:08 pm »

Sure sure  ;)

I'm about halfway into summer.
Will continue tomorrow, goodnight people!
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2009, 04:33:02 am »

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BRO.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 05:14:48 am »

It looks pretty rad 8)
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2009, 08:13:55 am »

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BRO.

It's a freaking POI on YOUR map!

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2009, 08:51:43 am »

Alright guys, I'm done now.
Save: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFFUZUOJ

Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7105-fishercrypts

1st Granite 16
Lawec Seizurebook

All out of sudden, our leaders stopped barking orders. I have no reason why, and no dwarfs really wants to "lead" us.
So, I guess I have to do it. Although I am a Marksdwarf of trade, I think I have an idea on how to run our fishing outpost..
I gave the first order, building of a small tower, including a small room for me. Up there, I'll be able to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Meanwhile, I ordered some more coffins to be placed for the honorable dead.

5th of Granite
Lawec Seizurebook

I went into our tavern to grab myself a drink.. BUT BY ARMOK! There were none! I shall immediatly order the brewing of some!
Alas! We cannot brew any alcohol, because of the lack of barrels! I shall then produce more instead.

12th of Granite
Lawec Seizurebook

Elves has arrived!
Maybe those pointy eared bastards are bringing some barrels! I shall soon find out!
Bargh... We have nothing to trade for!.. If they ARE bringing in some barrels, then I shall CLAIM them!
I crave my beer!

15th of Granite
Lawec Seizurebook

I just heard a scream from Eral the Animal Dissector and his two children.
I fear he has been attacked.

Reports of goblins attacking have arrived! They are only few, and they shall be struck down fast!

Bah! They stole one of our children. Soon our mighty warriors shall engage the enemy!

Two of our warriors have fallen! One of the goblins was carrying a bow!
I am now engaging him in the art of sniping. May the best warrior win.
If there are no more entries, I have fallen.

22nd of Granite
Lawec Seizurebook

We fended them off, after I cracked a few skulls in hand to hand combat, they fled like cowards!
Our noble heroes shall be buried as all the others that have fallen.. My tower is soon complete!

1st of Slate
Lawec Seizurebook

I seized some elvish booze from them. It's only a bit better than drinking mulepiss. It seems as if the pansies got scared.

6th of Slate
Lawec Seizurebook

Suddenly. Rhesus Macaques. EVERYWHERE!!!

5th of Felsite
Lawec Seizurebook

Migrants arrived! New recruits waiting to be trained.

17th of Felsite
Lawec Seizurebook

A wrestler suffocated during the spar session today.
No room for the weak.

11th of Hematite
Lawec Seizurebook

Nothing interesting has happened for some time now. I am building a carp trap. I have no idea if it works or not.

16th of Hematite
Lawec Seizurebook

Ahh, humans have arrived!
Time to trade with our big-folk friends!
While attempting to trade our captured goblins, they escaped... Too bad for them our mighty warriors stood nearby.
I have also ordered the building of a palisade, we do not need more unneeded casualties due to goblins wielding bows.

18th of Hematite
Lawec Seizurebook

A kobold thief arrived. A human showed us what he called "baseball". He smacked the poor thing right into the river.

5th of Malachite
Lawec Seizurebook

Finally traded with the humans, they brought us plenty of alcohol, wood and leather! I sold them most of all the goblinarmor we looted.
I even bought a spare anvil! Armok smiles upon us.

19th of Malachite
Lawec Seizurebook

I noticed items from one of our clansmen was still floating in the lake he died. Including a steel battleaxe!
I shall have it drained more or less right away!
I have found out we also can use the pool to train our dwarfs in the arts of... Swimming...

6th of Galena
Lawec Seizurebook

As one of the first dwarfs, I am mastering the arts of swimming.
I hate water though.
Nothing special has happened for a while.

1st of Limestone
Lawec Seizurebook

It is now autumn. I am expanding the crypts a bit more. I fear we soon may have company.
My carp trap is soon complete. I hope it works.

15th of Limestone
Lawec Seizurebook

A caravan from the Mountainhomes have arrived! I shall bring out some of our fish to trade.

24th of Limestone
Lawec Seizurebook

We bought different stuff. Our manager Jervous seems to be better at traiding now.

17th of Sandstone
Lawec Seizurebook

HORRORS! I built something wrong in my trap... I do not have time, nor the will to fix it. It will still work though. I hope.
I shall now test it.
It didn't really work the way I planned.. Oh well.
I hope I can fix it.

5th of Timber
Lawec Seizurebook

I am now creating a road for the traders.

14th of Timber
Lawec Seizurebook

Our Spearmaster Iden gave birth to a little girl today.

21st of Timber
Lawec Seizurebook

We have found Bituminous coal! Then we can save our wood for everything else than burning!

17th of Moonstone
Lawec Seizurebook

AMBUSH! The goblins struck down one of our horses! I am now sending out our mighty warriors to strike them down.
I could not see any goblins wielding a bow.
No one was harmed, except of our spearmaster Iden, she received some damage to her spine. However, she is still okay.

6th of Opal
Lawec Seizurebook

I am now attempting to fix my carptrap before I retire.
I hope I can manage to finish it.

10th of Opal
Lawec Seizurebook

Vucar, our stonecrafter got a strange mood! He suddenly dropped all in his hands and began gathering stuff... I think he might create something of value..
The road is almost done, and I have almost fixed my trap. I might after all maybe be done before I retire.

16th of Opal
Lawec Seizurebook

Vucar created a Hematite Idol!
He has quite a bad taste in critters... It is worth about 57600 "Dwarfbucks" as the humans call our coins.

16th of Obsidian
Lawec Seizurebook

BY ARMOK! A pike took a life today! Our dear fisher Kumil was claimed! The waters turned red as quick as he died... We cannot bury him unfortunately..
The demonic pike is now known as Deathgrove...

22nd of Obsidian
Lawec Seizurebook

I have avenged Kumil! My dog claimed the life of Deathgrove. I will surely give her a treat tonight. All pikes in the lake. Fear my dog Vesselfree!

1st of Granite 17
Lawec Seiurebook

As I retire now, I hope another dwarf will take my place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2009, 09:08:51 am »

Any POI's? I really want to see the carp-trap.

Arkaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2009, 09:29:35 am »

Looks awesome, I'll try to start tonight

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2009, 09:35:05 am »

Nice dog :O

Remember that trading animals guarantees their escape..

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:05 am »

arkaine, try making a trap involving carp :D

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2009, 09:42:43 am »

Any POI's? I really want to see the carp-trap.

Forgot to add those  :-\
Well, basically, my attempted trap was the floodgate thingy near the lighthouse.

Nice dog :O

Remember that trading animals guarantees their escape..

And yeah, I'll remember that now  :D
Didn't know it before actually

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2009, 10:46:58 am »

Forgot to add those  :-\
You know you still can? Also, this seems to be the official series for Fishercrypt.

Arkaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2009, 07:39:09 pm »

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1464
Map: If I have time, I'll get an account and upload it.  If someone else can do it first, that'd be awesome.

Story below, images in -Spoiler- tags

1st Granite
Lawec, our previous overseer, decided that turning a block of wood into a pincushion was more fun that managing this fishing village, so I volunteered to take a break from engraving and start giving the orders

Upon review of our animal companions, I decided we had too many worthless ones; so I’ve ordered the butchering of our horses (except for one male and one female, in case a future overseer decides they make great pets) and I’ve ordered our dogs to be trained to help our hunters and our soldiers.

Some of our dwarves were unhappy sleeping in the same room as other dwarves, so I’ve ordered some of the empty bedrooms to be filled.  And, in order to make room for future expansion, I’ve ordered some more rooms to be dug out (with wider hallways, as I’ve always hated squeezing to let another dwarf by me in the halls).

I’ve ordered some more trees chopped down (I hope those pointy eared bastards complain later), however the last remaining grove of trees is very far from our defensive perimeter.  The area looks safe,  despite the horse bones and the blood and vomit soaked clothes lying there, so I wish the woodcutters good luck. 

12th Granite
Conveniently, Kogsak, the lazy planter, organized a party the same moment the elven caravan appeared on our border. I’ve designated a stockpile near our depot for any finished goods and any unusable armor and weapons from our slain enemies (except for the metal ones which we can melt down).

13th Granite
Hahaha! Those damn elves ran straight into a goblin ambush
I’ve told our military to hold inside our walls.

14th Granite
Well, we caught two goblins and the rest chased the elves away.  However, Ingiz and Bomrek were cutting trees in the haunted grove when they spotted another ambush! I’ve ordered the military to help them.  I can only pray they arrive in time.
Bomrek tripped and was immediately set upon by the entire ambush party. Lokum Tileshoslan, Olngo Ozseuksos, and Catten Cubuoronul Dallithsosh Ireg began attacking the ambush party, when woodcutter Atir, ignoring the possibility of even more goblins outside, ran into another ambush party!
I’ve ordered the rest of the non-military dwarves to stay inside. And I hope Reg Kolzon can use his spear to save Atir.

15th Granite

As Atir was killed, Reg ran away from the fight, screaming about being stationed in another area.  Lokum Tileshoslan managed to avenge Atir by killing the entire goblin raiding party.

All in all, we lost two dwarves, captured two goblins, and retrieved an entire caravan full of free supplies.

19th Granite

We just can’t catch a break! While salvaging the items from the caravan, Dastot Ostmosus found another goblin!  He claims he heard it mutter something about ‘supple dwarf children,’ enraged, he used this bow to kill the goblin instead of waiting for the military to arrive.

23rd Granite
Dastot ran into another pedophilic goblin right outside our gates.  Needless to say, he promptly shot it between the eyes.  I promptly assigned him 2 hunting dogs as a reward.

6th Slate
Construction has begun on a ‘death’ house, where we shall put any rotting corpses and body parts.  The stench will stay locked inside.

21st Slate
Some migrants arrived today!  The news of the goblin slaughter must of spread.  The total count was 21, including:

1 Metalcrafter
2 Furnace Operators
2 Woodcutters
1 Potash Maker
1 Animal Caretaker
1 Animal Trainer
1 Tanner
2 Hunter
1 Fishery Worker
1 Glassmaker
1 Metalsmith
1 Engineer
6  Peasants
1 Kitten
1 Bull

25th Slate
Due to our increased population, Jervous has decalred himself Mayor and thinks he deserves a dining room, a cabinet, a weapon rack, and an armor stand! I directed the other dwarves to see to his needs, only because I’m building much better quarters for myself on top of the ‘death’ house.

1st Felsite
In order to self-promote his promotion, Jervous threw a party!

17th Felsite
I’ve designated our pool as a meeting area so more dwarves will learn to swim.  Sooner or later we’ll be able to fight those carp on their own terms.

24th Felsite
Lokum Tileshoslan, our heroic spearmaster has given birth to a boy.  May he grow up to be as strong as his mother.

13th Hematite
A human carvan has been spotted! It immediately ran over a goblin snatcher.

14th Hematite
What is it with caravans and goblins? Olin, our Metalsmith ,and Vucar, a stonecrafter, were surrounded by goblins today.  I mobilized the army to protected them.

The caravan found another raiding party.  After stomping some goblins, the caravans prompty left.  I hope they don’t blame us!

15th Hematite
We lost Vucar in the attack.  It seems the caravan left because some of the guards died and a trader and his donkey were struck with melancholy.

4th Malachite
No one was using the pool and everyone was scared to build a statue in the pool, so I tried to collapse one into the pool so I could tell the other dwarves it was a ‘sculpture garden.’  However, the cave-in destroyed the statue and knocked a peasant unconsious.

7th Malachite
No migrants came this season.  I guess word of the latest goblin slaughter hasn’t spread.

8th Malachite
I was wondering what was holding up any stone construction..  It turns out our stonecrafting and mason dwarves got themselves trapped on top of the refuse house

28th Malachite
I decided to engrave my own tomb.  I’m not sure what came over me

15th Galena
Iden Solamiden,a spearmaster, has given birth to a boy.  I was wondering why all the military dwarves smirked every time they told me they were “sparring”

17th Limestone
A caravan from Bomrek Ilir has arrived! Maybe I should order everyone inside…

28th Sandstone
The merchants left.  I traded a lot of the goblin armor and elven goods for some alcohol, steel armor, metal bars, gems, cheese, meat, and seeds.

10th Opal
We finished expanding the underdocks today.  I’m not sure if we’ll ever be able to fish there, but at least it looks nice.

22nd Opal
We finished construction on a joint Sculpture Garden / Zoo.  Current inhabitants of the zoo include:
Cow
One-humped Camel
Fox
Cougar
Dog
Mule
Grizzly Bear
Donkey
Bull

1st Granite
Wow, this year has gone by fast.  The whole last month was spent partying at the Sculpture Garden/Zoo.  At last night's New Year's party, I had a little too much Dwarven Rum and admitted that I had no idea what I was doing when ordering other dwarves around.  Apparently, the other dwarves didn't like this fact and they decided they needed a new overseer this year.  Good Luck!

Notes for the next overseer:
-there are like 5 goblins in cages in the animal stockpile
-I'm not sure why everyone refuses to swim in the pool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7