Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Fishercrypts: Succession Game  (Read 13252 times)

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fishercrypts: Succession Game
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 08:27:13 pm »

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1450

Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7073-fishercrypt

Dusty's Log

1st Granite
Our expedition leader, Jervous, has inexplicably stopped giving orders. Hence, I have claimed rulership over the fishery. Oddly, none of the dwarves questioned my newfound authority; I guess I'm just charismatic. There is a lot of work to do: the living quarters and dining room share the same space, which happens to be above ground. There isn't even a floor in the shack - trees are actually growing inside. The storerooms, farm, and workshop are all far away from the living area, making the place very inefficient. It will have to do for now. We need to pierce the aquifer so that we can dig our homes out of some nice solid bedrock. Being the only miner, I quickly sprang into action. I was on break, so I ordered myself drafted into the military, then I released myself from service. This made me unhappy, but it can't be helped.

8th Granite
There... doesn't appear to be an aquifer. Odd. Living quarters, closer workshops, and dining room will come soon, much to the relief, I am sure, of the other dwarves.

15th Granite
Hematite has been found while digging out the dining room. Since I'm too busy mining to make proper furniture, I've ordered our metalsmith to get to work on that. Jervous is also hanging around the fishery too much, so I've ordered him to go and work on counting our fish. We'll stick with two fisherdwarves until we get more dwarfpower.

20th Granite
Gemstones in the dining room. A good omen, I think.

8th Slate
A monkey stole one of our precious bolts. A crushing loss. There sure are a lot of monkeys across the river. We'll have to avenge our bolt later on.

7th Hematite
Well, it's the beginning of summer and we finally have some decent living quarters carved out. Work is now beginning on transferring our food production to the new fort.

4th Malachite
It occurs to me that a dwarven caravan will be arriving in autumn, and we don't have much in the way of trade goods. I've ordered that some roasts be made. Traders like roasts.

9th Malachite
Still no migrants. I'm beginning to think that our meagre wealth may have something to do with that.

4th Galena
The new comestible production facility is online, but the food stockpile is infested with vermin. We need a cat.

18th Limestone
The traders have arrived. There haven't been any human or elven caravans... I wonder if goblins have access to this site. The liaison is trying to have a meeting with Jervous, but he's too busy hauling wood. It's rather amusing watching him rushing around. It'll be a while before we actually get to trading, since we're all occupied with our own tasks. There's so much work to do and so few of us to do it that none of us has been idle since I took command.

31st Limestone
Jervous has traded some of the old crafts lying around and a few roasts for some food and metal. And a dog.

7th Timber
One of the fisherdwarves - I can't be bothered to learn their names - found a kobold thief. Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough to catch it.

9th Timber
Migrants! Sweet, sweet, disposable labourers! Nine in all, with two woodcutters and a hunter who brought their own equipment.

16th Timber
While digging out bedrooms for my new minions, I struck damp stone. Perhaps there is an aquifer here after all? Not wanting to risk flooding the fortress, I redirected my efforts elsewhere.

15th Moonstone
Work on the Underdocks will begin soon. While we don't have an underground water source to provide us with cave fish, we can still drain the lake in order to make a gigantic fishin' cave. Naturally, the docks will be made of wood despite the fact that it would be much easier to carve them out of stone, because wood is what docks are made from.

20th Moonstone
One of the new woodcutters, who I'd designated as our engineer, has been torn apart by carp. In retrospect it might have been a bad idea to designate trees so close to the pond to be cut. I'll have to drain it in retaliation. Or maybe just shoot them. Or, does the pond freeze over in winter? Probably not. 

23rd Moonstone
Well, our marksdwarf got the carp that killed our woodcutter, but was then slain in the line of duty. Odd how three dwarves have died so far, but none have been fisherdwarves.

26th Opal
Found another aquifer while digging out the Underdocks. Thankfully, it's below them. A future level even lower down may have to account for it, however.

21st Obsidian
Ordered a bunch of spears forged, both so that we can form a ragtag untrained militia should bad guys come, and to train my metalsmith so that he's no longer considered a 'fish cleaner.'

13th Granite
Elves! It must be spring. I don't really feel like dealing with them, so I'll just go back to being a mindless drone and let someone else take care of them as he sees fit. I do hope he finishes the Underdocks: they're not looking particularly impressive at present.

Status

Underdocks

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 07:47:32 am »

*applause*

Wow, that was quick.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 07:56:09 am »

Oh I can't wait :D
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 09:00:24 am »

downloadan, playan n fishan~

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 10:18:28 am »

Is it okay to name an immigrant after me?  :P

When it's my turn that is ;D
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 10:41:25 am »

Yup. I just got 14 migrants.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 11:43:25 am »

That's just lovely  8)

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 07:55:51 am »

Mind if i hop on with a migrant?
Name: Harry
Idea: Harry has moved out here in the dear hopes of setting up his own fish and chip shop.
Job: preferably a cook/fish cleaner/plant gatherer (need bloated tubers for chips!)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 10:45:17 am »

Still fightan with everyan. My second artifact was created the same moment the creator of the first one died. Scary.

Enjoy the tavern v2

TauQuebb, this isn't a community game, but, hell, I named named one of the fisherdorfs Harry and don't you dare to kill him.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 10:47:27 am »

what the heck is that thing in the top right corner of the picture?
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 11:01:12 am »

A lighthouse in the making.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 11:02:58 am »

Uhh nice  :D
I'm still pondering about what I should construct when it's my turn... ::)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 02:47:58 pm »

Nice work fellows. Lawec, maybe the dock part?

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 03:15:04 pm »

I'd like to have a go.

Slums, I think any deadly fishing town needs slums.

I alwasy wanted to build slums.

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 04:09:26 am »

I still have difficulty knowing the real difference between community and sucession, except sucession you take turns in playing. Are there other differences i have missed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7