Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Fishercrypts: Succession Game  (Read 13248 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fishercrypts: Succession Game
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:18 pm »

Seven dwarves, sent from the mountainhomes are sent on a mission. To make the greatest fishery evar! The fishery is set on a lake, filled with longnoses and carpses. It has a river, lake, sand and also has an... Aquifer. (No shit)

Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7059-fishercrypts

Rules:

No sabotage.
If you fail too hard, like accidently dropping the entire dock in the ocean, you'll be skipped or even kicked out.
If you don't post your save within 3 days of your turn, I'll message you. One day later and you'll be skipped.
No pointless megaconstructions. Unless they are related to fish.
Name one of the dwarves after you and give it a custom profession.
Savescumming is A-OK.
There are no mods on this version, so you only need to give the save file.
Focus on fishing, metalsmithing and stuff can be used, but it is not top priority.
Making journals is appreciated, but posting a summary is ok aswell. Dates aren't important.
CATCH THOSE CARP!!

Signups:
1. Jervous
2. Wimdit
3. Shintaro Fago
4. Lawec
5. Arkaine
6. sava2004
7. Labs (skipped)
8. Time Kitten
9. Demonic Spoon (skipped)
10. Sava2004
11. Arkaine

ALL NICE AND FULL

After the six spots are filled I'll post a journal entry and we can get this show on the road, kapeesh?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:25:43 pm by Jervous »

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fishercrypts: Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:04 am »

Sign me up, chief.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:04:30 am »

How I mine for fish? Sign me up!

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:26:21 am »

This sounds interesting... I'm in!  ;D
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Arkaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:32 am »

Sign me up!

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:58:46 am »

Sign me up aswell.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05:09 pm »

Eh, I'll try. I'm not the best at sucession though.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 02:57:47 pm »

Checked back and noticed that all the spots where full, can't wait for your journal entry, Jervous :D

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 03:44:38 pm »

Wow? Six people already?! I expected nobody to even post! High fives all around!

It's coming, don't worry. Hopefully I won't write too much. I actually only had to savescum once. Geshud, my hunter, was dragged into the small carp lake. He got to Swimmer easily and wasn't drowning. I drafted him and he actually knocked the carp out and climbed out of the water...then bled to death >_>

This time it's going pretty well, Geshud actually shot the first carp he saw- one hit. It was pretty cool.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 06:11:39 pm »

I am finished. I had pictures for the journal, but I messed up and didn't want to take any more. I'll upload the map later.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1448

Jervous' Journal

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahah! We have arrived. The lake is quite splendid. Many trees, a few patches of sand, and a small soil hill to the northwest of our wagon. It is a very pleasant spot for a fishery, I believe. I suppose I should name our valiant dwarves:

Obok Vetekatis is our Miner. Unfortunately, all he'll be mining is soil- I don't see any ore or stone anywhere!

Ingiz Numuddom is our Woodworker. He'll come in handy. The dock must be made out of wood, you see. And there is much wood around!

Geshud Oddomilun is our Hunter. He is specialized in many trades. However, there are no animals to hunt! Oh well. We'll train him to be our active defense, eh?

Kumil Medtobcilob is our Metalworker. Oh dear. He won't be pleased. We haven't see any ore yet...lots of wood to burn, though.

Ilral Eralomet and Unib Therletducim are our great fishers! Ah, I can taste the delicious fish already!

Jervous Sastressazir is well..me! I am the cook and expedition leader. Well, that's enough for roll call, let's get started.

I started my command by telling Ingiz to begin chopping and Obok to begin carving a storage area in the mountain. The fishers got right on fishing without my command, however- I admire that. I asked them to stay clear of the lake though, apparently there are vicious beasts in there. All I can think of is Carp, but they can't be so bad, can they? Kumil, Geshud and I began to watch..soon enough, we will begin on the dock village. I'm thinking wood one story houses with basements, but we'll begin with a tavern or something like it. That way, everyone can sleep there without having to have many rooms.

Ah, the storage room is carved. I'll ask Obok to carve a bit more for some workshops. Exposed workshops could mean disaster. I also got Geshud to clean fish and gather plants. He's quite a worker.

Strange. While Geshud was hunting, he suddenly dropped his kill and shot a bolt into a water. I went over and looked: One dead carp. It was just a carp man! No harm!

We've got a few groundhogs to keep us filled and we're working on the farm right now. Hopefully we'll get it finished. Ingiz still needs to fell more trees before he gets to work on the floodgate though, and we need to make some mechanisms.

The floodgate is finished, the lever is being built. I hope this works. Also, we are beginning the tavern-thing! It shall be magnificent, and we shall have a roof over our heads and some fresh clean beds. Probably without sheets.

Damn, I never noticed how much it rains out here. I also never noticed how many filthy vermin are in our storage cave! Terrible rats...they are making me very unhappy. Same with these annoying flies. We need to finish that tavern fast.. I hate sleeping outside! What even makes me more mad? Rhesus Macaque. We saw some across the river. Geshud is training with his crossbow, and once the bridge is finished he will strike them all down.

No migrants..that bugs me. So much work, so little dwarves. Short joke not intended.

Traders! Yay! In autumn. I suppose that's when the Dwarven Caravan will arrive. We traded some bone crafts and some leather armor we made for some plump helmets, booze, meat, a few bars, and once again, no migrants. I ordered the most important things: More copper bars, food, booze, stone and maybe wood. I also added some bags for good measure. Hopefully we'll have more crafts next year to sell. The liason requests some random crap that I didn't care about and now we're back to work.

The farm is finished, the macaques are gone, and I believe this has been a good year. Not very productive, but still a good start. The tavern's architecture is almost finished. We'll put in floors later. The roof is almost finished. Once it's done, we'll put in beds. Then tables and chairs. The farm is also finished, so we now have plump helmets. It's winter and I'm not cold at all. Especially with my Unib by my side. We're lovers. I must've forgot to mention it.

Unib tells me there's nothing to catch in the northwestern swamps though. Hopefully we can fish somewhere else.

Oh..no..

Geshud..he was hunting and..a cougar..oh, Zuden, why? He was a good friend..and a good worker.

I'm going out, and killing that son of a bitch, Rodimsebsur. I will kill it!!

When I saw the cougar I saw that Geshud already mangled it's leg with a bolt. I'll grab his crossbow and finish it off.

I shot it. I shot and killed Wadedvales. I picked up Geshud's crossbow and charge, firing bolts wildly. I struck it and pierced it's brain, it died instantly. It helped my sadness, but not quite. Geshud will never come back. We will hold a funeral today in honor of him.

Zuden bless.

The funeral hasn't happened yet. They're taking too goddamn long. I tantrummed. I admit it. I took it out on our poor animals. Why is it taking so long?!

Geshud was finally laid to rest. Hopefully we don't lose another good friend like this...Well, back to work. The tavern is basically done, one more bed to install. Roofing is done. Need to add chairs and tables, though.

Ingiz keeps making meetings with me. He was a good friend of Geshud's too. I try to console him to the best of my abilities...

And so ends my turn of overseer. It was going good until Geshud's death. Oh well. Hopefully the next overseer will bring our operation into something magnificent. Good luck, whoever.

Let's see..The tavern is basically done, there are some tables and chairs being made so just place them in there. Good luck, Wimdit!

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 06:33:03 pm »

Very good. Are exploits allowed? I have an idea that involves a lignite bin...

EDIT: Scratch that, we don't have magma. Damn.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:35:35 pm by Wimdit »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:29 pm »

Exploits are allowed, just not cheating the traders. Unfortunately, I can never find magma in a good site >_<
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:41:44 pm by Jervous »

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 08:01:30 pm »

It wasn't named fisherCRYPTS for nothing :P.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 07:57:03 am »

WHERE IS THE UPDATED MAP YOU LAZY SON OF A CARP?

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 02:34:10 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7