Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Space Arena RtD. Turn 14: It was a fox.  (Read 28463 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Space Arena RtD.
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:14 pm »

Consider me on the waiting list.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 02:32:26 pm »

Scan area for items of interest and secret stuff with my iPMD

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 04:13:14 pm »

I pick up one of the PMDs.

I ask someone else to try shooting me, so I can practice my bullet dodging/(deflecting, with my rapier) abilities.

If no one feels like shooting at me, I'll take out my rifle and smash it on the ground, in a glorious display of fealty and worship towards the gods of my anti-technology homeworld.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:16:35 pm by Apostolic Nihilist »

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 04:14:50 pm »

I pick up the PMD, slipping it into my backpack. Eying the surrounding area, I decide it'd be best to head North. Starting my trek after I slipped my backpack back on, I'll keep an eye out for anything of interest. Hopefully finding materials to further amplify my rifle or to make my PMD more versatile. If I do find any such things, I'll go about the augmenting process. Ignoring the fact that the others may/may not be nearby and whatnot.
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 04:32:59 pm »

I look around for string, rope, maybe a vine.  If I find anything, I tie my knife to my rifle as a bayonet.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: Space Arena RtD. Turn 2: Plausible cause of Death from above!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 05:12:33 pm »

The transport flies away.
Turn 2 contains suprise kittens! Well, almost kittens.

I'll load my rifle, and do some exploring of the local area.
[1] - A large cat falls on your head. You are pinned. The cat growls at you, it’s sharp maw inches from your face.
It lunges toward your neck![1+1] - It misjudges and drives it’s head into the ground next to you! What the fuck! You try  to counter [2-2] but simply end up drawing its claws closer into your body! [2] - You are bleeding. The cat is stunned by it’s unfortunate faceplant incident.

I go and train my skills that can make deep injuries and pick up a PMD.
[1] - You try to train, but are quite distracted when a large feline falls on a one of the other gladiators.

Scan area for items of interest and secret stuff with my iPMD
[5+1] - You’re signalled of an object of interest in a nearby bush, but decide against retrieving it because of the feline.
The iPMD scans the creature, after a few seconds, it tells you the feline is a Blovian Gid. A relatively average creature, it’s main advantage is it’s ability to climb, which it uses to surprise potential prey. It’s claws are sharper than iron. The iPMD also marks all of the Gid’s weak spots (+1 to any attacks on Gid).

I pick up one of the PMDs.
I ask someone else to try shooting me, so I can practice my bullet dodging/(deflecting, with my rapier) abilities.
If no one feels like shooting at me, I'll take out my rifle and smash it on the ground, in a glorious display of fealty and worship towards the gods of my anti-technology homeworld.

[2] - You can’t convince anyone to shoot you. But you do successfully smash your rifle.

I pick up the PMD, slipping it into my backpack. Eying the surrounding area, I decide it'd be best to head North. Starting my trek after I slipped my backpack back on, I'll keep an eye out for anything of interest. Hopefully finding materials to further amplify my rifle or to make my PMD more versatile. If I do find any such things, I'll go about the augmenting process. Ignoring the fact that the others may/may not be nearby and whatnot.
[6] - You find a small bit of sticky liquid, leaking out of a hole in a tree. In a flash of inspiration, you cover the handle of Combat Knife in the sap, then stick it to the front of your rifle.
You know have an Improvised Crap Rifle. You notice a small chip, half buried in the dirt. It has the words EZ-installer. You stick the chip in the small slot in the side also marked EZ-installer. An option pops up onscreen: Install? You click “yes”. After a small loading bar, a window pops up informing you a messenger feature has been installed. You now have the Messanger function.

I look around for string, rope, maybe a vine.  If I find anything, I tie my knife to my rifle as a bayonet.
[6] - You find a vine hanging from a tree. You tug once and it gives way. You are surprised to find the end of the rope has a Steel Combat Knife. A bit of genius rubs of Zaccheaus, as you are struck by an idea. Strapping the Steel Knife to one end and your old knife to the bottom of the handgrip. You now have a Close Quarters Crap Rifle.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:16:34 pm by GruffyBears »
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 05:19:51 pm »

"Stand back, everyone. A true hero amongst men will be born today, under the blazing heat of a thousand suns, I will smite this villainous beast!"

I charge at the cat-like creature, attempting to slice it up with my rapier.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Arena RtD. Turn 2: A Plausable Cause of Death from above!
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 05:20:05 pm »

Scream for help

Claw it's face off!

Edit: (I find it funny that AN is going to slice with his rapier, considering that the rapier was primarily a stabbing weapon.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:26:39 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 05:25:07 pm »

Knife it! Then get the object of note!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:33:34 pm by Bogre »

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 05:27:08 pm »

I continue walking away from the group, ignoring the ruckus behind me. I'm quite pleased with my new equipment, so I decide that I've done enough augmenting for now.
On my way, I keep an eye out for any berries, fruits, etc. If I find any, I'll scan them with my PMD. I'm not too sure whether or not it'll read them and give me any information, but you never know! I use my best judgment to determine whether the items I may/may not find are edible, if the PMD can't give me such information. I'll store the food for later, if I find any. If I find any other objects of interest that are not food, I'll store them away in my backpack as well.
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 05:28:03 pm »

Goddammit, guys. What part of "Stand back!" don't you understand? A HERO WILL BE BORN TODAY.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 05:56:59 pm »

I take a moment to steady my aim, then fire once at the blovian gid.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 05:57:21 pm »

Grr, disregard this too

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2009, 12:31:13 am »

RIP IT APART!!!!

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2009, 01:36:19 pm »

"Stand back, everyone. A true hero amongst men will be born today, under the blazing heat of a thousand suns, I will smite this villainous beast!"

I charge at the cat-like creature, attempting to slice it up with my rapier.

[2] - You fall over your own feet. The rest of the group laughs at you.

Scream for help

Claw it's face off!
[6] - You leap forward, knife in hand. You lash at the Gid. Roll to Dodge! [2-1] - The Gid, momentarily confused, leaps in fornt of the blade, rather than behind it. Before he can rectify this mistake [5+1] - You slice him in half.

Knife it! Then get the object of note!
- With the Gid dead, you walk over to the bush. You find a EZ-installer chip, this one for radar.
Due to the unique nature of your PMD (it’s your fucking eye) you gain Radar vision.

I continue walking away from the group, ignoring the ruckus behind me. I'm quite pleased with my new equipment, so I decide that I've done enough augmenting for now.
On my way, I keep an eye out for any berries, fruits, etc. If I find any, I'll scan them with my PMD. I'm not too sure whether or not it'll read them and give me any information, but you never know! I use my best judgment to determine whether the items I may/may not find are edible, if the PMD can't give me such information. I'll store the food for later, if I find any. If I find any other objects of interest that are not food, I'll store them away in my backpack as well.
- You continue walking through the northern forests. [4] - You notice a diamond shaped berry on a bush. A quick scan reveals it to be a Valu Berry. You pick [3].

I take a moment to steady my aim, then fire once at the blovian gid.
- You decide not to waste ammo on a corpse.

RIP IT APART!!!!
- Nope. Instead, you laugh at Julian.

Points of Interest:
CJ1145 falls out of the Gid's entrails. He's unharmed. He has the Blovax Arena clothes and backpack(with all the stuff inside).
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14