Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Space Arena RtD. Turn 14: It was a fox.  (Read 28438 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Arena RtD. Turn 12: Julian; King of Kings, God of Caves, Slaver.
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2010, 04:15:24 pm »

Knowing he'd face a very short and rough life in a normal prison, he opted for the arena.

Because you live a long and fulfilling life on Blovax, "filled with the most deadly forms of life in the universe and the criminals who choose the small hope of finding a way of the planet preferable to an execution."
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2010, 04:50:27 pm »

Knowing he'd face a very short and rough life in a normal prison, he opted for the arena.

Because you live a long and fulfilling life on Blovax, "filled with the most deadly forms of life in the universe and the criminals who choose the small hope of finding a way of the planet preferable to an execution."

Well, as opposed to being gangraped until dead, yeah.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:54 am »

Well, as opposed to being gangraped until dead, yeah.

You ever read Going Postal by Terry Prachett? It's that same idea of hope.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2010, 09:41:12 am »

Explore the village ostrichly
[4] - You explore the village atop your ostrich. It is a relatively small village, with 5 large building making up what seems to be the centre where you emerged near. A dozen people or so wander the streets, an there are 3 guards in watchtowers that you can see.

Follow julian and while doing that try to sniff things out
[2] - You become stuck in the hole that Julian came through.

FUCK, I AM SLAVE. Sigh and look for better rifle, one that uses the same kind of ammo my current rifle does.
I also want PMD :C
[5] - Your sigh evokes such sympathy in Julian that he sets you free. You are no longer a slave. You find a Less Crap Rifle.

I think it's been more than 36 hours, but I'm still in.
If the skeleton isn't calmed by the legal proceedings, I'll stand behind a big and strong Other Person. Maybe promise it improvements, or a burial.
If he is calm, I'll examine him with my iPMD.
Roll for Aggression![4] - The skeleton is relatively calm after enjoying the civility of a good legal document, though he is still slightly disgruntled at your attempt to steal his body parts. The scan reveals the most efficient was to deal with the skeleton is to crushing/shattering attacks or disassemble it on a molecular level.

Fiddle with my PMD and try to improve it.
[6] - The PMD becomes self-aware and takes control of the skeleton! It lunges at you [4] a decent hit that [6] you dodge, but leave your rifle on the ground. Reaction Roll! [1] VS [2]. You both leap for the rifle, but neither of you reach it! You managed to smack your head when you leapt for it! You are Dazed!

Actions: I'll secure my gear and start looking for the rest, while keeping an eye out for anything that may prove to be useful.
[3] - You wake up dazed, leaning against a tree. There is a small hut 200 yards east. On your immediate right is the curved wall of a hangar, torn open by some unknown force.

Points of Interest:
[4] - The settlement is still unaware of your encounter with the guard.
[5] - The party flips the jeep right-side up, and starts it.
- T.S Eliot

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:04 am »

Yeah he's one of my favorite authors.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Space Arena RtD. Turn 13: Self-aware Nightmare!
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:52 am »

Attempt to find an important looking person, and introduce my ostrich
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2010, 12:05:23 pm »

stop following julian

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2010, 12:44:21 pm »

Search around for any useful plants or other items I can find near the Hangar. Keep an eye open for any craziness coming from within.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:35 pm »

OSHT, SKYNET PMD! WHAT HAVE I WROUGHT?!

I try to run away from the skeleton, and determine if I can destroy the PMD attached to it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2010, 11:37:31 pm »

Yes! I am free! Take parts from the truck to make a recoil damper, to increase my accuracy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2010, 01:34:53 am »

I try to run away from the skeleton, and determine if I can destroy the PMD attached to it.

Quick! Disassemble it on a molecular level!

But I'll use my knowledge of medicine to help the skeleton regain his own consciousness and reject that of the pmd. He seemed like a nice fellow when he was calm.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2010, 07:15:42 am »

Attempt to find an important looking person, and introduce my ostrich
[1] - You shoot the mayor. [3+2] - the bullet is centred on the mayor’s head! [1] - The bullet goes clean through his skull, cutting him down! You are now at war with the village Little Hope.

stop following julian
You are unsure if this is a physical or mental request, though you manage to [1] - get stuck further in the hole while writhing around.

Search around for any useful plants or other items I can find near the Hangar. Keep an eye open for any craziness coming from within.
[1] - A fox steals your rifle. Godfuckingdammit.

But I'll use my knowledge of medicine to help the skeleton regain his own consciousness and reject that of the pmd. He seemed like a nice fellow when he was calm.
Joint Action![4]+[6]/2=5-Success! Using a combination of your mechanical and surgical expertise, you free the skeleton of the PMD. In his gratitude, he agrees to join your party.

Yes! I am free! Take parts from the truck to make a recoil damper, to increase my accuracy.
[5] - You decrease the recoil from your weapon. +1 to hit rolls.
- T.S Eliot

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:29 am »

Get out of that hole and go some random direction

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2010, 10:18:37 am »

Alright, sharpen the combat knife.

(Shouldn't I get EXP for fixing mah rifle?)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2010, 10:28:23 am »

"Let's get out of here!" Ride my ostrich away from the village, firing at anyone who may or may not be pursuing me.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14