Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Space Arena RtD. Turn 14: It was a fox.  (Read 28422 times)

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Space Arena RtD. Turn 14: It was a fox.
« on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:35 pm »

My forum game, Faction Wars, is dead. But, ye; from the ashes springs an RtD!

The Story: You're in prison, or your planet's equivelent. Maybe you've been set up, maybe you pillaged and raped the entire northeast coast, or maybe you kicked some dude in the nuts, it's up to you.
What is fact, however is that you were given a choice. Death, or the Blovax Arena and for whatever reason, you chose the Arena. You'd heard of it, everyone has. A planet, bought by the Blovax Network, terraformed and filled with the most deadly forms of life in the universe and the crimanals who choose the small hope of finding a way of the planet preferable to an execution. You docked to the orbiting space station, where a backpack is shoved into your hands, you are then shoved into a sub-orbit transport and dropped onto the planet.

As you are shoved out of the ship. You notice some others being dropped at the same place. You are in a small clearing in the middle of a dense jungle. There are mountains to your east.

You open your backpack and find;
A Crap Rifle
Clothes
Combat Knife
10 Rifle Rounds.
20 Blovax Dollars.

"One other thing" says the masked figure from the transport. He kicks down a box. As the box hits the ground it bursts open, revealing a PDA-like device. You pick one up, and notice a camera on the other side. "That's your Pocket Monster Detector. Just aim it at any creature, then take a picture. If the machine recognizes the creature, you'll get an in-depth analysis of the creature, with weaknesses, behaviour patterns etc. It'll also use a complicated series of neuroscanners, pulse monitors and other advanced who-ha to give an idea of your current condition, or status. Any questions?"

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

I will be playing a kind of DM role as I will take the roll of the CEO of Blovax Network, so will be interested in making good television. In other words, I'll be a prick who covers you in hordes of monsters instead of an impartial dice-rolling monkey. Magic Everything is in.

6 Places to start.
1.Name: Jarlakot (Jetsquirrel)
Species:Lycantroph
Skills: Dabbling Leaper , Wrestler
Backstory: Jaralkot is one of the first lycantrophes ever made by the human kind. They dont know his capabilities yet so they set him into a arena to fight and measure his skills.He himself can speak a little , but mostly communicates just like a dog

2.Name: Julian Silvester(Apolistic Nihilist)
Species: Human
Skills: Dabbling Fencer(/swordsman, if fencing falls under the same skill), Persuader
Backstory: Julian Silvester hails from a world on the outskirts of humanities' colonized planets. People on said world have a flair for the extravagant and model their lives after the 'Renaissance' era that took place on Earth. He prefers flamboyant and unnecessary dramatics.
Once a noble, he was imprisoned for messing up a Shakespeare rehearsal.

3.Name: Zacchaeus Tension.(Matyr Syndrome)
Species: Human; or the modern equivalent.
Skills: Engineer, Dabbling Rifleman.
(If these fall into the same category, place that singular skill into the "no-adjective" slot, and place Marksman/Gunsman in the dabbling slot.)
Backstory: Zacchaeus grew in an environment filled with geniuses. The most intelligent of his kind lived on the planet which he grew upon. Artists, Engineers, Generals of War, and many more. As great as the society would have seemed, the planet lacked in many of the small-jobs that make real society function properly. As a result, children were pushed desperately to become as great as they could be, and immediately moved off-planet, once they were educated to an exemplary state. Following suite, Zacchaeus was moved off-planet after receiving top-of-his-class grades in Engineering and Mechanics. It was nothing for him to sit down and design blue-prints for a spaceship, or maybe for a government building. Having been sent to a new planet, Zacchaeus was entirely oblivious to the laws that this new place enforced. Who knew that practicing with a firearm in public would ever be illegal? All things aside, he was sentenced to death when he accidentally hit a bystander. Something that typically wouldn't be such a big deal on his home planet, what with masterful doctors being common. However, he chose to enter the Blovax Arena, in hopes of using his Engineering wit to outgun and outcreate the other combatants.

Name: Remalle
Skills: Dabbling scavenger, Marksman
Backstory: Born on a military outpost planet an unknown number of years ago, "Remalle", as he was known, was given basic marksmanship training before the compound and nearly everyone in it was destroyed by an unknown saboteur.  He spent two weeks living off the land before he was picked up by scout ships, and was named as the saboteur by another survivor.  Remalle was sentenced to life in prison on multiple counts of murder, with extra terms added for various escape attempts, and after ten years he took the opportunity to attempt to escape without fear of retribution, the Blovax Arena..

Name: Cylith
Species: Nekomogh (cat people)
Skills: Dabbing Brawler, Acrobatic   
Backstory: Cylith was an amateur theft and con artist, hopping planet to planet to avoid local police. Then one day, she decide to pull to big time heist, not only robbing the man, but when they found him he was hand cuffed to his bed. However, her victim was a very influenced religious leader, and when she was caught, her trial was extremely stacked against her. You would have thought she destroyed a planet or something.

Name: Otto Leharnt
Species: Synapse (Human with neuromechanical cybernetic melding surgery)
Skills: Pilot, dabbling Knifer
Backstory: Otto used to be a melder, or one altered to link into complicated navigational systems on spaceships and other machinery. He was pretty good, but got into an argument over a mind-chess game with his co-pilot and crashed the ship out of spite. A large space-liner. Left a mile-long scar in a part of the city that 'used' to be bustling.

Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill levels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic/Power levels (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:19:32 am by GruffyBears »
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Arena RtD.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »

Name: Jarlakot
Species:Lycantroph
Skills: Dabbling Leaper , Wrestler
Backstory: Jaralkot is one of the first lycantrophes ever made by the human kind. They dont know his capabilities yet so they set him into a arena to fight and measure his skills.He himself can speak a little , but mostly communicates just like a dog

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »

Name: Julian Silvester
Skills: Dabbling Fencer(/swordsman, if fencing falls under the same skill), Persuader
Backstory: Julian Silvester hails from a world on the outskirts of humanities' colonized planets. People on said world have a flair for the extravagant and model their lives after the 'Renaissance' era that took place on Earth. He prefers flamboyant and unnecessary dramatics.
Once a noble, he was imprisoned for messing up a Shakespeare rehearsal.

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 01:24:07 pm »

Name: Zacchaeus Tension.
Species: Human; or the modern equivalent.
Skills: Dabbling Marksman, Mechanic.
(If these fall into the same category, place that singular skill into the "no-adjective" slot, and place Marksman/Gunsman in the dabbling slot.)
Backstory: Zacchaeus grew in an environment filled with geniuses. The most intelligent of his kind lived on the planet which he grew upon. Artists, Engineers, Generals of War, and many more. As great as the society would have seemed, the planet lacked in many of the small-jobs that make real society function properly. As a result, children were pushed desperately to become as great as they could be, and immediately moved off-planet, once they were educated to an exemplary state. Following suite, Zacchaeus was moved off-planet after receiving top-of-his-class grades in Engineering and Mechanics. It was nothing for him to sit down and design blue-prints for a spaceship, or maybe for a government building. Having been sent to a new planet, Zacchaeus was entirely oblivious to the laws that this new place enforced. Who knew that practicing with a firearm in public would ever be illegal? All things aside, he was sentenced to death when he accidentally hit a bystander. Something that typically wouldn't be such a big deal on his home planet, what with masterful doctors being common. However, he chose to enter the Blovax Arena, in hopes of using his Engineering wit to outgun and outcreate the other combatants.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:59:02 pm by Martyr Syndrome »
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 01:31:43 pm »

What would you consider the difference?
- T.S Eliot

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 01:36:19 pm »

All I could think would be:
Engineering would equal the planning of the creation. Blueprints, gathering materials, etc.
While Mechanics would equal the actual creation of the object.
However, I'd like to say that Engineering would cover both subjects, but that's up to you.

Edit: Or, perhaps Engineering would include all of that, but Mechanics would include the repairing and up-keeping of objects. And maybe the upgrading process of objects.
But again, I'd figure Engineering would cover that regardless.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:55:29 pm by Martyr Syndrome »
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 01:57:17 pm »

I'd say Engineering would cover both, really.
- T.S Eliot

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 01:58:40 pm »

Okay.
I guess I'll edit the profile to say that he dabbles in marksmanship.
Unless of course Engineering doesn't cover the design and creation of guns.
But I'll assume that it does.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:44 pm »

Name: Remalle
Skills: Dabbling scavenger, Marksman
Backstory: Born on a military outpost planet an unknown number of years ago, "Remalle", as he was known, was given basic marksmanship training before the compound and nearly everyone in it was destroyed by an unknown saboteur.  He spent two weeks living off the land before he was picked up by scout ships, and was named as the saboteur by another survivor.  Remalle was sentenced to life in prison on multiple counts of murder, with extra terms added for various escape attempts, and after ten years he took the opportunity to attempt to escape without fear of retribution, the Blovax Arena.

Question; is the only aim of the game to find a way off the planet, or are we trying to kill the others too?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 03:11:30 pm »

Disregard this

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 03:40:56 pm »

Name: Cylith
Species: Nekomogh (cat people)
Skills: Dabbing Brawler, Acrobatic   
Backstory: Cylith was an amateur theft and con artist, hopping planet to planet to avoid local police. Then one day, she decide to pull to big time heist, not only robbing the man, but when they found him he was hand cuffed to his bed. However, her victim was a very influenced religious leader, and when she was caught, her trial was extremely stacked against her. You would have thought she destroyed a planet or something.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 03:56:22 pm »

I'll play.

Name: Otto Leharnt
Species: Synapse (Human with neuromechanical cybernetic melding surgery)
Skills: Pilot, dabbling Knifer
Backstory: Otto used to be a melder, or one altered to link into complicated navigational systems on spaceships and other machinery. He was pretty good, but got into an argument over a mind-chess game with his co-pilot and crashed the ship out of spite. A large space-liner. Left a mile-long scar in a part of the city that 'used' to be bustling.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 04:10:01 pm »

Let's get started then. The game kicks off where the story (in the OP) ends.
- T.S Eliot

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 04:25:36 pm »

I sigh slightly, still wondering what was going through my mind when I agreed to this contest. Regardless, I shoulder my backpack, moving it to the ground. Opening it, I re-examine the contents, and remove the Rifle and the ammunition. Leaving the gun unloaded, I look about - assessing my surroundings. If I'm lucky, I should be able to find some materials suitable for amplifying the usability of the low-quality rifle.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 04:26:03 pm »

I carefully look around, searching for something I can carve into a makeshift rapier, with which to practice my fencing skills. Survival is priority number one, after all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14