Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question: Trainable Vermin  (Read 1024 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Question: Trainable Vermin
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:00:23 am »

i am just curious (but not in the mood to try it out) what happens if you give vermin the trainable tag... are you able to assign hunting squirrls and war cockroaches?
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Trainable Vermin
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:06 am »

i am just curious (but not in the mood to try it out) what happens if you give vermin the trainable tag... are you able to assign hunting squirrls and war cockroaches?
*stomp*
Urist McCockroach, War Cockroach has been struck down.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:52:33 am »

I don't think so. You'll notice the kennels say "needs large land animal" when you try and train war animals.

2xMachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:54:23 am »

Oh, so no war sharks either. :(

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 03:01:09 am »

water creatures are allowable, you just have to control the water level so that its not to shallow to air drown the shark but not to deep so as to cause a job cancellation. this is generally done with pumps so that where the trainer stands doesn't have any water.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 06:25:08 am »

I don't think so. You'll notice the kennels say "needs large land animal" when you try and train war animals.

Perhaps make it so cockroaches are just REALLY TINY animals, rather than vermin? :3
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 04:42:39 pm »

Perhaps make it so cockroaches are just REALLY TINY animals, rather than vermin? :3
well then they would not be vermin now would they? I don't think you can change that without a world regen.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

frandude

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Cooler than the other side of a pillow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 04:45:21 pm »

That would let the roaches raid your fort. Maybe giant cockroaches?
If you light a fire for a dwarf, he will be warm for a night. If you light a dwarf on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 05:49:31 am »

Then you have to set them to breed, and f*ck the FPS.
Finis sanctificat media.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 06:39:28 am »

na ok the idea was to have a non breeding army of tiny stuff you can hunt anywhere :> so if it not possible with vermin i quit the idea ;)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 12:04:56 pm »

well.....that was the wrong topic. But i know you can get them to be pets, because i modded monarch butterflies and toads to be common domestic pets (which also gave random dwarfs wearing monarch butterfly leather which was silly.) and it mad them show up under the pets menu under the (n) menu on the embark screen
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 06:26:17 pm by Genoraven »
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.