Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Regarding evil Biomes  (Read 1523 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding evil Biomes
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 10:44:19 pm »

Hm. Well, the world data provided by Tcei gave me a pretty evil world. I settled in a dead forest with undead foxes. So its fine for now.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 04:16:49 pm »

I'll come into this thread and tell all of you that I think you're all wrong.

About red/black evil regions vs. purple evil regions: it seems to make no difference in determining whether or not there's undead or monsters. I've embarked in both and gotten monsters and undead in both, and I can't say that either occurs with more frequency in either region.

Degree of savagery seems to have no bearing on whether there's undead or not. Skeletal groundhogs can occur just as much as skeletal giant eagles.

It doesn't take a while for a region to get "corrupted". If you have a evil region bordering a neutral region, occasionally you'll get undead or monsters from the evil biome, occasionally you'll get regular critters from the normal biome. And sometimes, in an undead region, you'll get live, normal creatures.

If you have evidence to the contrary, you can stuff it, because I certainly would not want to know about how I'm wrong and I certainly would not submit in the face of convincing evidence.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 05:14:53 pm »

If you have evidence to the contrary, you can stuff it, because I certainly would not want to know about how I'm wrong and I certainly would not submit in the face of convincing evidence.
Hear hear!

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 06:36:18 pm »

Uh. You can say whatever you want. I just wanted undead creatures, so regardless of what was said, I have them. And its a bit arrogant to tell people they're wrong, if its their opinions and experiences.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.
Pages: 1 [2]