Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89031 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 42: what did these poor dwarves ever do to you?!)
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2010, 02:51:03 pm »

meditate upon this new information. question will this overload happen if i enter a new area or will i adjust automaticly to the new sences?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2010, 07:21:53 pm »

[ ] Use highly enchanted body as lift generator for the ship to catch up with comrades. Annoyingly (or relievingly) enough, Flint still has the steel staff.

[ ] I ride Erreti like a miniature ocean wave over to the broken wizards tower. If my elemental is not strong enough, I remove my robe, wear it like a sash, and get into a traveling lope. If the captain failed at traveling somehow, I see if my telekinesis works well on the air now.

I am last.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:39:22 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2010, 05:19:16 pm »

question will this overload happen if i enter a new area or will i adjust automaticly to the new sences?
Either you can reverse what you did, or you can try to get used to the extra information, enhancing your sensory capability.(in the plane of darkness at least, the ability will be vastly weaken elsewhere)

I'll have the turn done at some point later today.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 43:karma?)
« Reply #528 on: January 26, 2010, 07:18:31 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Take the crew members who found the tower and head off to the tower blowing up anything even slightly hostile outside of it.
[6] You follow your crew(those who aren't busy with the ship that is) back to the wizard's tow-That rock looks hostile! That plant is hostile too! And the horrible monster charging at you, that is also hostile! You seem to temporarily lose you mind and slam your staff into the ground with the intent of blowing up all possible threats. [1,5,4] You fry one of the crew(the only one with any combat experience, great) and only slightly singe the giant monster, luckily Dr. Death escaped unharmed... oops?
skilled air magic

Quote from: Jervous
Become an adventurer and inquire about any threats to the mountainhome!
[2] You proclaim yourself a mighty adventurer, ready to solve any problems these dwarves might have! The king beckons you closer, you ask what he wants you to do... "Ah. We are quite untroubled here."
Urge... To slaughter nobles... Rising.

Quote from: stonemt
meditate upon this new information
[4] You try to determine what all you are sensing, to work out how these new abilities work. You make a bit of progress, and while it is still disorienting, you think you can get around, and nothing will be able to sneak up on you like this.
penalty reduced to -1, you are aware of all objects within a 20-30 foot radius.

Quote from: Diakron
!!wake up!!
[5]You wake up! On fire! Why are you on fire!? You quickly run away from the shocked elves(who cannot catch you, because you are on fire) and use your water magic to dowse yourself after reaching a safe distance. Looking around, you seem to be in a massive dead section of the forest. you can see hints of green in the distance, but everything in the area is shriveled up and dying.
singed(no effect yet, easier to become injured)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Time to bugger off, get in the chariot and fly into the sky.

And one more thing... It's been three turns...
 FIRE AT ABADDON!!!
[5] You fly up into the sky in your chariot before ordering your laser to fire at Abaddon once more. [6] the laser strikes with perfect accuracy, frying Abaddon and everything within a 10-foot radius. seconds later, a large rock appears out of nowhere and destroys the satellite... well at least the pieces landed on Abaddon!

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Ask the elder god for a chaos meteors to rain upon the elves and hitting the sattelite
[6] The elder god(known as he-who-does-not-have-a-name) is feeling generous today and obliges. He waits for the laser to fire at you(it's funnier that way) and then smashes it, using the debris to destroy the elven town... that you are currently in.
Badly injured(roll for healing/worsening each turn, -1 to physical actions), unconsious
This would be -1 to all actions, -2 to physical actions, but your demonic nature allows you to shrug off most of the pain... which is probably bad for your recovery roll.

Quote from: Nivm
I ride Erreti like a miniature ocean wave over to the broken wizards tower. If my elemental is not strong enough, I remove my robe, wear it like a sash, and get into a traveling lope. If the captain failed at traveling somehow, I see if my telekinesis works well on the air now.
[3] You hop onto Erreti's back and order it to take you to the wizard's tower. About halfway there you realize this is a thoroughly ridiculous form of transportation, as not only does it look stupid to begin with(a man riding a blob of liquid metal, what are you, the silver surfer?!), but your ride could randomly mutate at any time. You decide to walk the rest of the way.
[1,6] Erreti begins to shift again, losing it's invulnerability and instead becoming living fire... aren't you glad you stopped riding now?
Erreti gets +1 to combat rolls, but cannot touch anything without setting it on fire(the ground is safe. why? Because I said so.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 26, 2010, 08:09:01 pm »

The ground is fine because it has a high melting point and an even higher burning point, although I guess if you said otherwise it would be so.

[ ] I walk calmly into the tower and take a good look around. As hostile creatures get to close to me, I slash out their throats (and other vital things) or eviscerate them entirely. If something proves to be more tenacious (latching on or unharmed by normal damage) I fill it with midnight compressed nitrogen or acid depending on what looks like it might do more damage.

I wonder what skill claw use would go under, bladed unarmed fighting?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:19:50 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:12 pm »

practice dealing with the information

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:10 pm »

I put on my armor. Then I smash my flail in that king's face.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 26, 2010, 11:01:50 pm »

Lightning whip the monster into a fine paste

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 27, 2010, 01:52:07 am »

Oh poo...

Create another laser satellite, I liked that thing and to be honest I'm quite satisfied with the previous one's accomplishment.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:34 am »

Focus most of my demonic powers to regenerate and FIND SHADOWDUMP!!!!!! If i find him do this in the order Burn him with my fireballs, torture him to a near death state, bind him to my chariot and ride away,sacrifice him to the elder god and finally let my felhounds eat his body.

you will die

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:00 am »

Lasers.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:46 am »

explore area
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 30, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »

Wait a second... What is SHAD0Wdump's action? Make a satellite, or use lasers?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2010, 07:55:35 pm »

Still the satellite, The hell if I'm giving him any attention this particular turn.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 44: physics looks the other way, monsters melt)
« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2010, 11:58:53 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Lightning whip the monster into a fine paste
[4+1] You charge toward the creature and [4+1] Strike it in the chest, causing a large gash to form and then, in defiance of both physics and logic, turn to a fine paste. What kind of creature is turned to paste by lightning instead of being shocked and charred?!
Hmm... I guess this goes under whips? Novice whip user!

Quote from: monster
Revenge!
[3] Injured(and partially dissolved), but not incapacitated the creature lurches toward Flint [1] and tries to attack his lightning-arm... Roll for stupidity:[1] with a headbutt... It's dead, and Flint is covered in a fine paste.

Quote from: pirates
Attack!
Uh... nevermind. Ew, that's really gross cap'n.

Quote from: Jervous
I put on my armor. Then I smash my flail in that king's face.
[4] You make sure your armor is on properly(you put it on a while ago), grip your flail, and SMASH [2] the kings throne.shocked by your sudden attack, the king calls for guards and runs away [2] he's out of shape though, and doesn't even make it out of the room.
flail user(3/8 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
practice dealing with the information
[2] No matter how much you try, you still can't seem to get the stream of data under control. Perhaps you would have better luck simply exploring a bit, learn by doing, not by thinking about it.

Quote from: Diakron
Explore area
[1] Do you even know what a sense of direction is?! You wandered right back into the clearing full of elves. [4] You get a better look at them this time, and notice that there is something wrong with them. They appear to be wielding metal weapons, and they have a campfire burning near their camp. Before you can ponder this further, they notice your return and draw their weapons. You count 4 elves armed, and a couple that appear to be servants.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Create another laser satellite, I liked that thing and to be honest I'm quite satisfied with the previous one's accomplishment. 
[5] Piece of cake. You already summoned this thing once, you can do it again. In fact, you have devised a simple method of forming magical energy into solid, physical objects, making things like this much easier to do.
arcane magic(4/8 exp.)
Ability: magic made real(+1 to creating objects from nothing) Note that this is not summoning, and so cannot be used to create anything living. also anything large(like the cannon) must be planned out first.
regained orbital cannon

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Focus most of my demonic powers to regenerate and FIND SHADOWDUMP!!!!!! If i find him do this in the order Burn him with my fireballs, torture him to a near death state, bind him to my chariot and ride away,sacrifice him to the elder god and finally let my felhounds eat his body.
[1] You try to regenerate your badly broken body, even calling on your god for help, but the only "help" you recieve is in the form of your pain resistance suddenly fading away completely.
penalties increaced to -2 to physical actions, -1 to mental actions

Quote from: Nivm
I walk calmly into the tower and take a good look around. As hostile creatures get to close to me, I slash out their throats (and other vital things) or eviscerate them entirely. If something proves to be more tenacious (latching on or unharmed by normal damage) I fill it with midnight compressed nitrogen or acid depending on what looks like it might do more damage.
[3] You arrive at the tower safely, and after a quick search, find an entrance through a ruined wall. You appear to be in a small library, [3] the room appears to be almost devoid of enemies, only a couple of strange balls of slime with googly eyes and a big silly grin.[4] They go down without a fight... and now there's money on the floor for some reason! You find: 50 gold pieces! These wizards really should stop tampering with alternate realities so much.
novice unarmed combat!(bladed unarmed combat seems a little overly specific, any weapons you possess naturally go into unarmed combat)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 111