Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89060 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 38: psychoanalysis)
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2010, 06:36:47 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Pat Nivm on the back and say "Job well done" or something And have Dr Death figure out what to do for transport.

I meanwhile will try to create some kind of new arm out of lighting.
[6] Dr. death goes out to search the imediate area and Nivm walks off toward the ruined city. You try to use your powers to create a new arm for yourself but... Lightning isn't much good for actually interacting with things. Might have been a better idea to use air. Either way, you now have a wicked melee weapon for an arm.
Electric arm gained(+1 to attack +2 against computers/robots/etc. You still get -1 to most physical actions though)

Quote from: Jervous
Take three of the strands and use it to make a platemail. If there's not enough of it, use any metal bars lying around. Except Rose Gold.
[6] You grab some strands and various metal bars, melt the strands down and get to work. Before long you emerge from the workshop, carrying with you a rather impractical, though strong, suit of armor. It is made of adamantine, menaces with spikes of adamantine, steel, iron, copper, and silver(I said it was impractical), is studded with platinum, and is engraved with an image of a human and a flail in gold. This relates to the forging of HeadShatter, the adamantine flail in times unknown.(haven't played DF in a few weeks, so I can't remember the syntax quite right, as for the date, it doesn't really transfer from plane to plane, and no one has asked here)
Spiky adamantine armor gained(+1 against physical damage, enemies must roll not to hurt themselves, YOU must roll not to hurt yourself putting it on)

Quote from: stonemt
stand there looking stupid for a second and then fix it
[3+1] Trying again, you recast your spell and manage to shunt your castle through a portal to a pocket dimension of shadows. Careful: any living creature inside the castle when the spell is cast will die due to the nature to the realm it enters. You would be fine due to your mastery of shadow-walking, but the others would not.

Quote from: Diakron
go ask king if there is an aquifer around here, if so go to it and make a few extra water elementals
[5] Yes, there is, and it is quite easily accessed as they have just finished piercing it. A few dwarves lead you to one of their failed attempts to break through and you use it to create [4][5] 3 average water elementals.
3 average water elementals gained(+1 to water magic if working together)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
craft a magic magnifying glass, allowing me to see wherever my heart desires. And probably allowing me to fire my ion cannon orbital laser with more precision.
[3] You create a plan for a modified crystal ball, based on your book of enchanting, now all you need is an appropriate vase material to enchant.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Try to shoot at the orbital laser with my Fireballs!!!or fire spears
[1] You get angry and throw fireballs into the sky randomly, but the laser is too far away to be seen, and you are almost sure you missed. If it's any consolation you'll probably make some random alien civilizations burn up in a millenia or so...

Quote from: Nivm
I become annoyed and aloof at being ignored. My elemental and I then go collect as much raw, light material from the surrounding buildings as possible, and heap them with the airship. I then curtly demand that the engineer come help me with "salvaging" the ship.
[1][6] You walk off annoyed and begin throwing random junk at the ship. Luckily your elemental isn't quite so rash and keeps the debris from actually falling on the ship, catching it and putting it all in a nice pile next to it. You yell for the engineer to get over here and tell him to get to work. After a quick inspection you are informed, "There's plenty of scrap here to repair the hull, well enough to hold a little while anyway, but we're gonna need a new engine. For that we need to find some sort of power source, though the new cap'n's(well that looks weird) staff should do the trick, and an air crystal."(flight in this realm works through channeling large amounts of magic into enchanted objects to produce lift. Crystals are used because... well it's mainly because they're SHINY)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:07:49 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 39: Menaces with spikes)
« Reply #466 on: January 10, 2010, 08:25:20 pm »

Hmm...

Give my orbital laser another quick-charge and travel to the Dwarven encampment.

Also, the statuses still say my cannon is charged.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:25 pm »

Of course they don't. I am quite certain that there never was, and never will be, such a ridiculous occurrence.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »

use tidal manipulation the stop water from flowing into this area! (err subterranean water only)
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2010, 11:11:45 pm »

You know, they DID break through successfully. It just took them a few tries.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 11, 2010, 12:44:47 am »

Start manipulating ground to make it pressurized so that i can launch magma far into to the sky against the sattelite

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 11, 2010, 04:12:42 am »

Test my new lightning arm on the nearest building to intimidate the crew and increase my dominance over them.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 11, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »

Can I put on my armor as a free action?

Practice some earth magic.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 11, 2010, 05:00:50 pm »

yeah but i need the experience (note i did not get summoning exp last turn)
Back to Mafia with me!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:35 pm »

Hey, Teamwork!

[ ] While the captain totally ignores his duties to the crew (although I guess he'll have time), I get the engineer to sit down with me and a bunch of the junk material, and get to work. He describes a missing part, I polymorph a junk item into the part; repeat if the polymorphed item is unacceptable or if more parts are still required. Remember to work on a surface that will not be bothered by surplus, colorful energies.

I hope we can get a lift-enchanted object without being attacked by the airship that destroyed this village.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2010, 09:30:11 pm »

Can I put on my armor as a free action?
Yes.

yeah but i need the experience (note i did not get summoning exp last turn)
Ah, just making sure you knew. (I'll fix the exp when I post the next turn.)

I hope we can get a lift-enchanted object without being attacked by the airship that destroyed this village.
Well, it's been going on a giant rampage, smashing everything in it's path, so it's unlikely to go to the same town twice. Relying on another airship coming in general would be a bad idea.

I would post the turn today, but I just found an old copy of "The Neverwood" and several hours had passed before I noticed.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:02 pm »

decide its time to do something and go talk to people trying to figure out what needs to be done

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2010, 07:57:48 am »

Ugh, I had this whole turn done, then my computer shut down...

Quote from: Flintus10
Test my new lightning arm on the nearest building to intimidate the crew and increase my dominance over them.
[5] You adjust the shape of your arm into a sharp point, then swing it at a nearby wall. Your arm carves a line straight through the wall, melting it's way through the wall like a hot knife through butter. Your crew is very impressed, and now know it would be foolhardy to try and mutiny.

Quote from: Jervous
Practice some earth magic.
[4+1] You practice your magic by using it to help the dwarves mine out a new room in their fortress.
novice earth magic!(Huh, I just noticed, the wielder of the earth artifact... has never used earth magic)

Quote from: stonemt
decide its time to do something and go talk to people trying to figure out what needs to be done
[1] Lots of things need to be done! The lawn needs mowed, the laundry needs washed, the farms need harvested, the trees need cut, the wine needs minced, the... It seems the average person has very boring needs.

Quote from: Diakron
use tidal manipulation the stop water from flowing into this area! (err subterranean water only)
[6] No water will ever enter this area ever again. You and the dwarves are pushed away as if by a forcefield, the water in your bodies repelled by the spell. It appears to have a range of roughly 10 meters, though fortunately the dwarves have no important facilities in this area.
Skilled water mage!
novice summoner(1/4 exp.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Give my orbital laser another quick-charge and travel to the Dwarven encampment.
[1] You order your chariot-drivers to take you to the dwarves, and then try to recharge your cannon. You somehow link to it incorrectly though, causing the laser to instead drain completely. It also causes the strange side-effect of making you glow brightly.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Start manipulating ground to make it pressurized so that i can launch magma far into to the sky against the sattelite
[1] You pressurize magma, trying to force it to explode upward, destroying the cannon. It works too! Now if only you hadn't been standing on top of it when it did... You go flying through the air, up past the (completely unharmed) orbital cannon and then begin to fall back to earth. This could hurt...

Quote from: Nivm
While the captain totally ignores his duties to the crew (although I guess he'll have time), I get the engineer to sit down with me and a bunch of the junk material, and get to work. He describes a missing part, I polymorph a junk item into the part; repeat if the polymorphed item is unacceptable or if more parts are still required. Remember to work on a surface that will not be bothered by surplus, colorful energies.
[4] The process goes quite well, and between the two of you the hull is patched up pretty quickly. The inside still needs work, and it's not the prettiest ship around, but it'll fly. All that's left is to build an engine.
polymorph magic(2/8 exp.)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 40: long way down...)
« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2010, 08:03:09 am »

Order*half* that lazy crew to get to work building an engine. *And the other half can go find a crystal of some kind I will create some kind of lightning whip to encourage them*
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:58:30 am by Flintus10 »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 40: long way down...)
« Reply #479 on: January 13, 2010, 12:01:44 pm »

Make a very strong gaint stream of fire against the ground anmd putting eavery few second a bit less power into it to slow me down and use mah 5 roll!!!

we get a 5 roll again for every 20 turns :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:29:34 pm by Jetsquirrel »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111