Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88617 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 113: The four elements. Water water water and water.)
« Reply #1620 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:09 pm »

I fly out of everyone's way while they are attacking the mage, but I use earth magic to try and make the statue mage crumble even more.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:07 pm »

bringing more darkness or stealing mine or both nivm? i cant quite tell.....

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 20, 2011, 03:28:33 am »

bringing more darkness or stealing mine or both nivm? i cant quite tell.....
He seems to be pulling in aspects of the various planes into this one.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 20, 2011, 05:24:36 am »

*Crunching sounds.* You know, it didn't even occur to me that you guys wouldn't intrinsically know what I'm doing. This step is to fuse together the Light Plane and the Dark Plane; creating a Mirrored Plane (you can all tell how much I like that concept). I'm using water's powers in both regards to smooth over the change, but because of this combination there's going to be some weirdness as the surface of the mirror (ground) and the surface of the infinite ocean (ground) become one. Since we're putting planes together, we're also putting dimensions together, so to simplify you could say that the question "underwater?" normally taken by 1 bit is instead taken by two (so you could be underwater twice [11]{which may resolve as not underwater}, once [01,10], or not at all[00]). We probably wont be able to percieve this in a non-psychedelic/symbolic/abstract manner, which is nice for Dragnar's descriptive abilities.
 I fairly sure Daemon's magic will be approximately un-impeded, but if he uses the planar power source we're going to see some negative of what he's doing on the other side. Like for each skeletal pirana that breaks the surface, some colorful wholesome fish plunges into the deep.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 20, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

alright call me simple.....but why do this? not as in what does it achieve but more..... what is your goal?
or perhaps my favorite "wheres the profit?"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 24, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »

Still need flintus.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 25, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »

Blah blah blah big plan
I am sorry, but bringing this plane into a mirror plane has no purpose, and isn't the point of this plane to be the plane of light? Not Mirrored?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 25, 2011, 01:00:02 pm »

Profit? Purpose? Whatever do you mean? This game, being a game, has no purpose but to exist and live out its life. It's all one big waste of time, just like all the other games on this subforum, and like the colossal time-waster that started this forum. I guess at the beginning Dragnar said it was to hone his creative writing ability, but really, what is he going to use that for? Why does he, or any of us, keep taking time from our days to read and write silly posts when we could be working, learning life skills, or getting a full night's sleep? These planes, characters, and all this magic are merely concepts▬ ideas▬, and their results are as ephemeral as any dream and as useful as stargazing. So, what does it matter what we write?
 To paraphrase; I'm being evasive and I don't want to explain everything! Ahrg! (And I'm mocking myself and my opinions again.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:10 pm »

Still need flintus.
And still do... probably only a couple turns left here. As long as Nivm's plan doesn't go horribly awry that is.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 03, 2011, 05:18:27 am »

Send alot of lightning towards the mage.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 04, 2011, 12:23:35 am »

As long as Nivm's plan doesn't go horribly awry that is.
Not to worry; everyone's going to be electrocuted.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 114: ground is not suppoed to work that way!)
« Reply #1631 on: March 05, 2011, 01:14:23 am »

Quote from: Flintus10
Send alot of lightning towards the mage.
[4+1] A large shaggy creature made of lightning charges the mage! Crashing into the mage's shield it causes lightning to arc all over the gigantic mage statue, but has no obvious effect.

Quote from: Jervous
I fly out of everyone's way while they are attacking the mage, but I use earth magic to try and make the statue mage crumble even more.
[4+2] You manage to boost the earthquake summoned by SHAD0W until it is strong enough to make the mage stumble. As he falls he reaches out toward you with a giant fist. [5][5] You manage to avoid being crushed, but both you and the statue crash through hte only semi-solid ground into the strange earth-water mixture that makes up the ground now.

Quote from: stonemt
DOG PILE!!!!
[6] Your skeletal minions charge the statue, clawing and biting at it as it is dragged deeper into the depths.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I try using the scroll of earthquake on the great mage construct.

And of course... FIRE AT MAGE
[1] The scroll's effect is not powerful enough to effect the mage, but it does effect YOU. And then it gets boosted, sending you sprawling and confused. You can't even manage to send the fire order.
-2 to next action

Quote from: Nivm
I take full advantage of the Changing power of water to completely draw in the dark plane; its entirety present just beneath the surface, and with that surface Mirrored we are all simultaneously submerged and high in the sky. Oh, and "congratulations Luki; you get to live through this" while "Flow Derek, flow while you still can!"
[3+1] Your spell combines another plane into this one successfully. The ever-wetter ground below you grows dark again, all light being blocked a short distance below the ground/water's surface.

Quote from: rolan7
Move near the evil mage and superheat him/the water around him.  In cooperation with dermonster's action, so ideally, he gets blasted by scalding-hot water.
[2] You can't seem to penetrate the ground. It's still solid enough that  passing through is a matter of chance.

Quote from: dermonster
Cast Tidal Surge
You feel the universe itself twitch in anger at your link...
[3+3] The ground pulses for a moment, and for a moment your allies spells resonate with the power contained just below them, boosting their strength.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 05, 2011, 01:17:45 am »

GIGA ICE BREAKER, DRILL INTO THE DEPTHS AND DESTROY THE STATUE!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 05, 2011, 10:46:10 am »

As the followers float around lonesome and forgotten...then start an informal game of Calvinball! One of Legion's first actions would be to do a barrel roll, thus introducing Tharic to hallway ceiling and the stone wolf to freefall at the same time, but I think it recognizes a seriousness of the occasion...and that my next step probably involves solid ground.

[ ] In the hopes it will bisect Waldo's construct, open the earth plane to the lattice! "At high tide." The surge will be devoted to keeping displaced people alive by allowing each a space apart from space to step into until things settle down. Presumably...

I wonder if the lattice is approaching infinite divisions, is that part of my spell still going?

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 114: ground is not supposed to work that way!)
« Reply #1634 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:25 pm »

back to basics
attempt to drain power from the enemy to boost my next action
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111