Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88703 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 108: Only one plane left now...)
« Reply #1545 on: December 18, 2010, 08:52:41 pm »

Try to reinforce my stone shield with iron and make it stronger, if there's any left.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 20, 2010, 05:16:55 pm »

CRUSH IT!!! "its MY arm I will kill things with it!"

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 21, 2010, 01:56:31 am »

For those that don't stalk everyone.

Hm.

[ ] I lift myself into a rapidly decaying orbit around the shadow grotesque, bringing to zenith my vorpal spell with a flare of colors and a voulge; black assuredly included. I pick at the all the creature's mind, searching for the right opportunity, and when I find it, I deliver my spell with all the precision of a professional butcher.

Edit: Oh, right, why didn't my [5] give any experience? It does make sense that my skill with polymorphic magic just made a non-contact spell possible in the first place, but it was still a polymorphic attack.
 Also, Dermonster should have gained experience using his mace.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:05:53 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 27, 2010, 04:11:06 pm »

Oops, didn't realize I had everyone's actions. Turn in a few hours.

Edit: Oh, right, why didn't my [5] give any experience? It does make sense that my skill with polymorphic magic just made a non-contact spell possible in the first place, but it was still a polymorphic attack.
 Also, Dermonster should have gained experience using his mace.
I'll fix that along with the turn.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 28, 2010, 05:23:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I was too slow.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:26:02 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 109: I did it because it was funny)
« Reply #1550 on: December 29, 2010, 04:35:22 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Practice the technique of using air to compress something on any old objects lying around.
[1+1] You lose! You get NOTHING! GOOD DAY SIR!

Quote from: Jervous
Try to reinforce my stone shield with iron and make it stronger, if there's any left.
[6] You add a thick iron plate to your shield, making it much stronger. But also much heavier.
shield(+2 to defense, -1 to hit)

Quote from: stonemt
CRUSH IT!!!
[5][2] You finally manage to take back almost all of your body from the thing... then Malak cuts off your hand. Well, you're fixed at least. And the hand will grow back in a turn or two.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I attempt to access my god's powers again to heal myself, bracing for the almost certain comical failure.
[6] A holy glow surrounds you and your wounds are healed. Your holy lance fades away as you are healed though, it's purpose somplete.
priest(7/8 exp)

Quote from: Nivm
I lift myself into a rapidly decaying orbit around the shadow grotesque, bringing to zenith my vorpal spell with a flare of colors and a voulge; black assuredly included. I pick at the all the creature's mind, searching for the right opportunity, and when I find it, I deliver my spell with all the precision of a professional butcher.
[6] You consider doing something complicated and magical. Then you decide to kill two birds with one stone and test your vorpal blade. *slice* Yep, cuts hands off real good! Problem solved!

Quote from: rolan7
I'm just going to make contact, identify myself, finally rejoin the party!
You do that. Yay, no more running around looking for them!

Quote from: dermonster
Throw the cube back at it. With much force.
[6][4] The remaining tower explodes from the impact!

My excuse for taking so long? ...It has been a number of hours that could be considered few since I posted that!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:46 pm »

Pull back the remains of my ice leviathan and use it to form a kind of self repeating stepping stone into the air. View the land around me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 29, 2010, 05:19:20 pm »

=\  =/  You're too bored. ... I'm sorry.

[ ] I apologize for my lack of aim and fly around trying to make introductions, during which my shortsword is sheathed. I offer my services to anyone who wishes them during this time; I'm going to be around fixing up the damages to the ship and doing a better job repairing my tophat, which I equip.
 Legion is going to be taking us to the city at gradually more ridiculous speeds.
 Erreti will be sneaking into the god chariot and giving the singers a surprise chilly touch.
 Tharic will be organizing a game of chess between the dragon and the ship. There might be betting.

Taking a turn to do whatever before the final destination just seems like the right idea to me. Perhaps we should take a vote on where everyone goes next?

somplete.
The wonderous combination of "somnolent" and "complete".

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 29, 2010, 11:05:44 pm »

Eh, not really. The problem is Steam's recent sales + christmas. Darksiders, golden sun, scribblenauts, uplink! Too many distractions!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:16 am »

turn and face the cutter of hands! "if this was not an unusual situation i would kill you for that. as it is you have my thanks."and look for the next thing to be done
i think thats ok as my speach is not attempting to do anything if that makes any sense?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 30, 2010, 02:39:45 am »

It does make sense! So far, we've been running with "talking is a swift action", and 'rolls return results'.
 Does this mean you're coming with Legion to town, giant undead castle and all?

Eh, not really. The problem is Steam's recent sales + christmas. Darksiders, golden sun, scribblenauts, uplink! Too many distractions!
It's just you returned a lesser meaning than was given to you... Procrastination doesn't cause that. Perhaps you need a good book to balance the fluff of the video games.

My excuse for taking so long?
No excuses! You need none! Use reasons instead...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:54:25 am by Nivm »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 30, 2010, 02:45:25 am »

Continue practicing the compression technique.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 30, 2010, 04:00:35 pm »

not sure... i was somehow unaware i was near ANYONE so i have no clue where i am and what is going on.....

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 30, 2010, 05:43:19 pm »

Well, you came to the air plane from the fire plane right when we (Jervous, Flintus, SHAD0Wdump, our followers, and I) had finished off the Demon Pirate boss, so you got hit with the spell that created your evil copy. With your body controlled, we just finished destroying our chaos images, and since Luki the Fire Elemental is with us now, that means we're only missing Dermonster in our group.
 As for followers: I have a giant partially organic ship, a potion elemental, and a single crewmate; Jervous has a red dragon and a stone wolf; SHAD0Wdump has a god chariot; Flintus has an air elemental; and you have your void knife and flying undead castle.

We have numbers. A full crew, you could say.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »

I uh wait because I'm waiting for us to go to the next place
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 111