Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88833 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 103: Thou hast slain the Jabberwock!)
« Reply #1470 on: November 07, 2010, 03:34:59 pm »

sooooo if i AM in the air realm seek coruption if not go to the air realm
after looking at everything and not just my stuff i seem to be cloned?
made out of chaos?
why fix whats broken... when you can use dark magic to create a small blackhole that only effects the enemy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:41:03 pm by stonemt »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 07, 2010, 04:00:11 pm »

after looking at everything and not just my stuff i seem to be cloned?
Yes, it effected everyone in the air plane(Which is... everyone but Rolan7) and since you had just gotten there, you have a shadow clone.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 07, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »

Dermonster was also left unaffected...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:49 pm »

I went to the water plane to exploit my +3 to all water magic stuff.

I have never been in the air plane
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:41 pm »

Dermonster was also left unaffected...
*facepalm* Yeah, I sorta lost track of him. He has no clone either. (turn tomorrow. It's way too late to do it now.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 104: Enemies... not defeated.)
« Reply #1475 on: November 08, 2010, 03:16:05 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Fly up high on my cloud and try to draw my evil twin away with me.
[5+1] You draw your copy up into the air and away from the ship. You are now a safe distance from the others, and your copy was too busy following you to attack.

Quote from: Jervous
I try to get the first hit on my clone's head before he gets one on mine. Also, my wolf stands ready to pounce while my drake prepares to release firebreath on my clone.
[5+1][3+1][3] You land the first blow on your copy, smashing it with HeadShatter. It doesn't die though, or even seem to be in pain. In fact, as you strike the head it vanishes utterly, and a face appears on the thing's chest... Ok. That was odd.
flail user(12/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
use dark magic to create a small blackhole that only effects the enemy
[2+2][4] Your spell is weak, and your copy rushes forward as soon as cast it. With a quick blow from his weapon your concentration is broken, and the spell fades.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Remember when I got trapped in the abyss? Yeah, I attempt to remember how I borked that one summoning spell and try to get it to affect my double instead of me.
[2+1] You try to replicate the effects of your accidental self-banishment, but can't seem to get it right. Your copy takes this as an opportunity to attack, it's arm suddenly shifting into a blade as it charges toward you. [6][4] It leaves a giant gash across your chest, which while not fatal is REALLY gonna slow you down.
(wounded: -1 to physical actions)

Quote from: Nivm
I brandish my blade, calling to sun, moon, and stars; "Behold, the vorpal blade Catalyst, artifact of Change!" I then add the potion of speed directly to my stomach and charge my mirror image. "You're nothing like me, let's cut you into shape!" I then channel my spells through Catalyst, trying to make the image like me in every way, or just cutting it apart if that doesn't work.
Erreti phases into SHAD0Wcopy's lungs and sinuses, pops his chest and head open, then phases away quickly if things go wrong. Tharic and Legion get some earth-enchanted cannon balls flying at Flint's image.
You quaff your potion of speed, and time seems to slow down around you, your senses accelerating to new heights. You are upon you copy in a flash, leaving him no chance to dodge. [2+?][2-1] Your blade passes through your copy effortlessly, as it completely fails to defend itself. You attempt to channel a spell through the vorpal blade, but you aren't sure how well it worked. The copy does take on a less shadowy appearance though... and then begins casting a polymorphing spell. [6+1] Your robes suddenly constrict, binding your arms as the material grows thicker and less flexible... that didn't go quite as planned.
[5][2] Meanwhile, Erreti is assaulting the copy of SHAD0W. It enters the thing and then rematerializes, attempting to burst it apart. The attempt is a total success... except it doesn't seem too disturbed by the damage, and it's ruined face quickly reforms into a gaping maw, lined with teeth.

Quote from: rolan7
Return to the magma sea and look for magma creatures.  Fire imps, magma men, that sort of thing.
[2] You find nothing. Huh. The sea must not be all that densely populated.

Quote from: dermonster
Take as much water as I possibly can, hopefully a small oceans's worth, and basically make it into a torrential wave in which I ride out of the water portal, into the light portal, and ride the wave up into the sky, while still holding onto all of the water.
[1+3] You carry a huge amount of water with you into the light plane... only to see it all instantly crystallize into a perfect crystal of ice. The very air here is perfectly ordered, and you can feel that your presence here is disruptive to that order. Everywhere you look you can see nothing but perfect uniform terrain, what few distinctive parts there are being perfectly symmetrical and composed of nothing but geometric shapes.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:00:06 pm by dragnar »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 08, 2010, 03:27:09 pm »

Alright then... you want symmetrical you damned sphere of existence? YOU GOT SYMMETRICAL!

Force the ice into a sentient and loyal giant flying symmetrical ice leviathan made entirely of shapes with no more sides than a hexagon
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 08, 2010, 03:33:38 pm »

Collect some lava and fly to the air plane, looking for the others.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:18 pm »

Slam my flail into it's side then!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 08, 2010, 11:57:56 pm »

use concentrated wind to compress my copy into a tiny ball and hold him that way.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 09, 2010, 12:10:09 am »

I do a series of micro-teleportations on various chunks of the shadow image. Each chunk will be separated by quite a distance yet roughly lined up for the cannon to fry them at once.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:56:09 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 09, 2010, 03:37:07 am »

SHAD0Wdump, we have the cannon too, and if you line him up with it, he can be blasted before the pieces start falling. It looks like these are proper chaos enemies though, so invoking chunky salsa probably isn't a good idea.

So, action pending, for at least the first question.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 09, 2010, 03:57:26 am »

SHAD0Wdump, we have the cannon too, and if you line him up with it, he can be blasted before the pieces start falling. It looks like these are proper chaos enemies though, so invoking chunky salsa probably isn't a good idea.
Right, although this still involves chunky salsa. It mainly is intended to force the copy to at least spend some effort to pull itself together.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 09, 2010, 04:11:50 am »

Aha, but I see the flaw in your logic. Think; why does it have to pull itself together?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 09, 2010, 04:21:40 am »

Aha, but I see the flaw in your logic. Think; why does it have to pull itself together?
The same reason I can shoot laserbeams from my eyes, there is no logic.
 Just do what's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 111