Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88880 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 101: NO, WE DID NOT GET IT!)
« Reply #1425 on: October 15, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »

I return to the portal area, seeing as how chaos was defeated I think...?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:16:42 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 15, 2010, 08:19:25 pm »

Not much I can do about that goo without tearing the rest of legion to pieces...

Continue to beef up my elemental.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 15, 2010, 08:33:25 pm »

just looking at everything and going  :-\ but hey thats half the fun (^_^X)

ok... summon my stupid fortress and BUILD MY SENSOR!!! prolly going to have to wait till the next turn for the second one.....

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 15, 2010, 08:55:54 pm »

Ok... goo on ship... I have no freaking clue how to deal with that.

Any suggestions Nivm?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 15, 2010, 11:06:37 pm »

Profanity!

[ ] Working with Legion's senses I polymorph gunpowder into the layer of ship right before the liquid evil, and set it off. The instant it's jettisoned Legion moves the ship away and fires that solar cannon. "SHAD0W, shields up! Now!" I mumble to myself about Flint being useless as a captain and useless as an ally.

I also have a perfect amethyst now, something that's isn't physically possible in reality. I don't even remember what I was going to do with it.

I am disappointed that I forgot to add the dragon conversation to the other action.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:10:44 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 15, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »

I also have a perfect amethyst now, something that's isn't physically possible in reality. I don't even remember what I was going to do with it.
Yes, PERFECT. Why isn't it possible in reality? Oh wait, the coloration comes from impurities doesn't it. Meh, it's magic, doesn't matter it it's possible.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 15, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »

Well, actually... amethyst has a different color than quartz because of a different structure, not impurities. I just spoke of the statistical impossibility, because you'd need a completely pure solution to naturally form and stay pure for the entire crystallization process. Even a single molecule or atom of other rock will create a microscopic hole, or crack, and any cutting will create numerous microscopic cracks (or not microscopic if the cutter isn't good at finding pre-existing fissures). I guess I should have worded it differently, but then I wouldn't have been able to post that wonderful research paper.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 16, 2010, 12:21:47 am »

Ah, I must have been thinking of some other gem... rubies I think. Statistical impossibility is nothing before magic. You can simply remove any offending atoms instantly.

Hmm... I wonder how strong a diamond with NO breaks in the molecular bonds would be...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 16, 2010, 12:46:28 am »

Ridiculously so, like adamantium as far as mortals are concerned; those flaws are the only way natural diamonds can be cut or broken. I guess Malak could probably make that now; he could probably synthesize them given a specimen.
 Reality doesn't have that kind of magic...and no magic of mine does it instantly! It makes such a mess; just a bit of space bending or 0.15c for me.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 16, 2010, 06:31:18 am »

I fly the chariot alongside Legion, erecting a shield around it and me as well. AFTER the chaos slime is released if possible.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:58:20 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 16, 2010, 08:44:49 am »

Go check on my wolf. If he's okay, train him a bit. If he's hungry, get him some food in the kitchen.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 16, 2010, 10:20:21 pm »

Ah, this has been a blast, and I'm pretty sure the fire plane's problem is fixed.  At least to my satisfaction.
Mission is accomplished, there's a waiting list, time to retire.

Merge with the core of the fire plane to become Godhead Inferno Inspector.
Leave the artifact-gun of fire to be wielded by the next fire mage, and ideally allow some of my power to be invoked through it.
Use my free 5 for this (:

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 16, 2010, 11:57:06 pm »

Didn't you only get two free [5]s? You used one on merging a solar cannon with your gun, and another on the imps.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 17, 2010, 12:42:15 am »

Ah, this has been a blast, and I'm pretty sure the fire plane's problem is fixed.  At least to my satisfaction.
Mission is accomplished, there's a waiting list, time to retire.
You know, the plane of light remains a mystery. 5 planes are finished, but one remains.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 17, 2010, 01:19:28 am »

I have a plan that will probably not work to make the whole thing a bit easier.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 111