Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88894 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 99: Super monkey ball. Fire edition.)
« Reply #1410 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »

Well uh... Do we see if the being is properly microwaved? But with lasers?
Your shield doesn't let light out. How would you?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 11, 2010, 06:38:42 pm »

To remedy this situation, I'm going to work out some unused abilities.

[ ] "You are indeed a fine dragon." I survey the apparently won battle I freaked out over. "Which is very strange, because I know one of your parents was a flightless drake with multiple heads." In the hopes it doesn't still think Jervous is its mother, for that would be embarrassing. "Well, I think I have something interesting to do. Speak to you in a bit." I then assault whatever the chaos creature has left of a mind, mostly to see if it's still there.

Stonemt's natural [2] doesn't give him experience.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 11, 2010, 06:47:03 pm »

Stonemt's natural [2] doesn't give him experience.
I just stuck "exp" on everyone that did magic. I don't have time to check the numbers at the moment.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 11, 2010, 07:50:04 pm »

Summon my air elemental and increase his abilities

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 12, 2010, 01:51:07 am »

Well uh... Do we see if the being is properly microwaved? But with lasers?
Your shield doesn't let light out. How would you?
I made the shield, I can get rid of the shield.

Basically, do we look at the Schrodinger's Mutant Chaos Thing? Or leave it in there to cook for a few more seconds?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 12, 2010, 08:38:05 am »

Up to the surface, like Dermonster.
Fly around in the sky above my city!
Try to write "Mission accomplished" with a smoke trail.

If you can't take the heat, don't be a fire mage.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 13, 2010, 04:54:19 am »

Well, there is a chance that the released beam will still have enough power to fry you (SHAD0Wdump), since you're right there. If you do decide to release it, and possibly the creature, I'll need to change my action.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 13, 2010, 05:21:57 am »

Well, there is a chance that the released beam will still have enough power to fry you (SHAD0Wdump), since you're right there. If you do decide to release it, and possibly the creature, I'll need to change my action.
I plan to slowly diffuse the light if I open it up. I still wonder if we should pump more energy into it though, if so I'll start shooting my own lasers into the shield.

I could also just open a hole in the side and let the energy out at an angle so no-one gets caught.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 13, 2010, 07:33:29 am »

And if the attack wasn't effective we'll lose the chance to keep pummeling it...although, my solution isn't the wisest, considering it can cause me to go temporarily insane on a bad roll. I'll need to go soon, so I'll leave this here if you do open the shield:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also:
... After merging my box into the deck, ...
It's not as free an action as dumping it overboard?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 13, 2010, 07:46:53 am »

I render the shield to slowly release the light that should be trapped within. If I see anything moving in there I quickly bring the shield back to full.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 100: ...did we get it?)
« Reply #1420 on: October 13, 2010, 08:10:56 am »

... After merging my box into the deck, ...
It's not as free an action as dumping it overboard?
I hadn't updated anything in the statuses. Now I have.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 13, 2010, 12:17:54 pm »

well...ok?
being somewhat confused at this point i will retreat to my fortress and train start working on a sensor system to tell me whats going on at alll times

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 13, 2010, 03:49:50 pm »

Practice magical theory

(I have no idea what to do, haha)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 14, 2010, 07:14:19 pm »

Well, if you want ideas, there are plenty of things you could do with your new dragon in terms of discovering abilities. If the last time was any measure, you're also capable of using my services with your own roll.

I hadn't updated anything in the statuses. Now I have.
I had completely missed that another turn had went by and we were now on 100, and that you hadn't done the statuses. What happens when I get drunk on sleep exhaustion; any flaw you can imagine.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 101: NO, WE DID NOT GET IT!)
« Reply #1424 on: October 15, 2010, 07:46:47 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Summon my air elemental and increase his abilities
[4+1] You call your air elemental back from... wherever it was... and try to increase it's power. You succeed admirably, and the elemental at least doubles in size.
(elemental upgraded to greater elemental. No mechanical bonus, but it is much stronger)

Quote from: Jervous
Practice magical theory
[5] You practice magic. You get better at magic. Stop that, practice is boring.
(2 exp. to all forms of magic)

Quote from: stonemt
being somewhat confused at this point i will retreat to my fortress and start working on a sensor system to tell me whats going on at alll times
[1] Nope. Your fortress has slipped back into the shadow realm you store it in. You'll have to re-summon it.
(what are you confused about?)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I render the shield to slowly release the light that should be trapped within. If I see anything moving in there I quickly bring the shield back to full.
[2]You let down the shield for an instant... but the blinding light it emits distracts you, and you fail to restore it.

Quote from: Nivm
I tell Legion to fire the solar cannon if there is any trace of hostility within the fading shield. I keep an eye on the events, but most of my attention will be focused on idly removing every single crack and flaw from my amethyst.
[3+1] Legion watches SHAD0W's shield intently, while you work on perfecting a gem. It is simplistic at your skill level, and soon you have a jewel that could make nay jeweler weep tears of joy.
polymorpher (12/32 exp.)

Quote from: rolan7
Up to the surface, like Dermonster.
Fly around in the sky above my city!
Try to write "Mission accomplished" with a smoke trail.
[4] You do that. It confuses the confused populace even further. Also, you can smell something burning.

Quote from: dermonster
Check on the townspeople i guess. The plants gone, so they should be recovering from whatever.
[5] The townspeople are mostly just staring at the altered half of town in confusion. It seems that while the mind control has faded they are going to take some time to totally return to normal.

Quote from: chaos being
???
[2] Some sort of melted goo seems to be all that remains of it. The goo is not dead though. [chaos:6] It suddenly flies at Legion and latches onto the hull, slowly beginning to spread out over it.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 111